• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women are in EA soccer and are complaining about how they look.

That bust was so bad that it was actually swaped by a new one made by a different artirt.

They got the old lady who restored the Jesus fresco to punch it up.

Untitled-1_cuddai.jpg

They should review every "foul". And if a player is discovered to have taken a dive, they should be yellowed, and have that yellow carry over to the next match.

I want to love professional soccer, but I don't, because the diving and flopping is a fucking joke. I don't understand how anyone could defend it.
Players who dive do get yellow cards.

Can be said about literally anything in here.

Phil Spencer seems like a gamer bro, so some people in here are simping him.

Ryan talks alot about organic growth, which people just repeat in arguments all while they did organic growth with Bungie.

Screaming go woke go broke while people in here also loves the last of us part 2.

Everyone loves Nintendo though, so there's tha...

Oh nvm, forgot those are simping 70 euro old remasters, am I right?
Unless these opinions are by different people.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Players who dive do get yellow cards.
I dont watch a lot of soccer, but watch my share of World Cup matches and whatever MLS game is on TV. Out of all the times Ive watched footage, I've only seen one player ever get a yellow card for diving.

When a player crumbles to the ground, either the defender gets a foul call or the ref ignores it and play goes on.

Last edited:

Rhazkul

"Deflate my chest!" That's a new one. Imagine a man complaining being depicted too tall or muscular. Weird times we live in, when women complain about being too busty. Sex appeal is seemingly bad now.

Jared Mohammed

Neo Member
I'd be offended that a multi-billion company that sells millions of copies of the game every year by making incremental changes for each iteration, somehow cannot afford to make their models look authentic to the actual atheles or invest in some type of facial scan technology to do the same result.

norm9

If the data they gather shows that people are playing NWSL matches, then next year, they'll improve it. If not, it'll get the "Legacy Edition" treatment. It took forever for EA to add MLS teams and took them even longer to get the stadiums in the game.

Portugeezer

I dont watch a lot of soccer, but watch my share of World Cup matches and whatever MLS game is on TV. Out of all the times Ive watched footage, I've only seen one player ever get a yellow card for diving.

When a player crumbles to the ground, either the defender gets a foul call or the ref ignores it and play goes on.
The referee is only supposed to give a yellow card for diving if he is sure that the player dived, and they mostly do it when a player dives in the penalty box to cheat a penalty kick.

Outside of the box it's easier to just ignore and not make a decision.

Aenima

Don't they get money from being in the games ?
I dont think so. As far as im aware, clubs, player etc are under some federations and EA just need to get the licence in some orgaization, not sure if its FIFPro, to use them in the game. I might be wrong though.

Sho_Gunn

Banned
Not surprised Neograf would bitch about a topic like this when Male athletes have jokingly brought up how weird their face scan looks in certain games. Y'all are really weird.

It's apparent these women know nothing about gaming and don't game themselves, it's common knowledge that most faces are not accurate male or female. What are they expecting, Last of Us level graphics lol
What do you mean by common knowledge? Do you actually play any sports games because face scan tech has improved a lot in the last couple of years. WWE 2K23 is a a good example on how good face scans are now a days

When I read the title of the topic I knew this topic would deliver on the amount of misogynist posts. Classy as always
Judging by a lot of the responses on here you can tell some of them don't even play sports games. They are just in this thread to complain about woman lol

Edit: Holy fuck I just read through this whole thread. The misogyny on this forum is insane but also kind of funny since you can tell from the comments that certain users don't even know how to talk to woman so they've probably never been laid without paying someone.

Last edited:

Aenima

What do you mean by common knowledge? Do you actually play any sports games because face scan tech has improved a lot in the last couple of years. WWE 2K23 is a a good example on how good face scans are now a days
And do you?

Majority of the players in Fifa are not acurate face scans, some are just generic models that kinda fit the looks of the players. Only the most well known players are acuratly scanned. Some are even invited to do motion capture to have the way they run represented acuratly in the game, like Cristiano Ronaldo.

You are comparing WWE where every fighter is suposed to be well known and has a very limited roster of fighters, against a football game with thousands of players.

Last edited:

Majukun

well they will have to live with it, same treatement is given to the majority of the male players as well, EA only care enough for big teams, that usually have partnerships, or big players that somehow are not part of said big teams

Azurro

Banned
EA should release the percentage of people actually playing the NWSL mode.

"Sorry we didn't put more effort into what 0.5% of our userbase is using"

"...and women’s soccer being more enjoyable to watch overall"

World Cup Smile GIF by FIFA

I remember reading that less than 3% of the audience had earned the trophy for playing a single women's match in FIFA. It's a hilariously bad waste of money.

Sho_Gunn

Banned
And do you?
Literally play all major sports titles other than NHL. Yeah Fifa has 1000 plus players but at this point the face scan logic isn't necessary hard to do anymore. Just making excuses for lazy ass EA at that point. NBA 2K and WWE 2K don't seem to have issue.

You are trying way too hard at whatever you're trying to do 😂
Lol I get it. You hate women because you don't know how to talk to them it's okay move along child.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
People aways mock the stupid looking faces of models in the game. Suddenly women seems surprised by the face models of female. I think thats what EA get for trying to appeal everybody, pretty sure nobody gonna play that either.
People always mock the stupid looking faces and now women in the game are doing it too.

For some reason this is unacceptable and some people here are clutching their pearls about it.

xrnzaaas

Shouldn't have caved in. Now they'll have to spend resources on creating better models for that 1% of the FIFA players. And obviously it's not going to stop, because next they'll be complaints about the animations being the same or the stats being super low (who cares that in real life most female soccer players can't play at all).

Last edited:

radewagon

Shouldn't have caved in. Now they'll have to spend resources on creating better models for that 1% of the FIFA players. And obviously it's not going to stop, because next they'll be complaints about the animations being the same or the stats being super low (who cares that in real life most female soccer players can't play at all).
Oh, no... anything but that. God forbid that cash cow games start earning their keep by better representing the players whose celebrity they piggy-back off of. The men should complain too. This is a positive for any and all fans of such titles. If it took female players' dismay to get us there then so be it. This is some PS2 era jank and the fact that it's still around is legit embarrassing.

And what's up with all the shade up in here? Women want their ingame models to look more like them. How dare they! The nerve! Of course it would be women complaining about their looks amirite. WTH? Just because men are okay with looking like characters from the Polar Express doesn't mean that it's somehow wrong or overly vain to have a problem with looking like a CG goblin person.

Teletraan1

Banned
I am not really surprised by the response of the soccer women. They proved to be completely vapid narcissists with Self Worth +25 stats during their equal pay for unequal work squabble. They do have a point however. The faces are total shit in these games to the point it would make even the people who made MODOK in Ant Man blush. EA/2K should stop making these games yearly releases and stick to a normal dev schedule and release a decent product. I haven't bought any yearly sports release in well over two decades. Once game development started getting too complex for this model I was out after being a huge fan of the various Madden/NHL/NBA2K/Tiger Woods games from the Genesis to the PS2. The only ones I would consider buying even on sale are the ones near the end of a console generation where they iterated enough to make it ok ish. What is hilarious is that fucking god awful LOLtaku article. It is like ResetEra is running a "journalism" outlet.

StueyDuck

No one explain how tiered modeling works at visual studios to these dumb dumbs.

They wanna be better modeled then they gotta start bringing in audience to do so

JayK47

All of the good faces in gaming I think are scanned right? So they are getting the NPC treatment which means it will be a poor translation.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
EA should ignore everything they say. Has any sports developer ever changed the appearance of any of the male athletes that complained about looking busted in game?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It used to literally happen every year. Men stayed complaining about their looks in games years ago. Things have gotten better for them by now though.

SaintALia

so now we care about looks?
TBF, a lot of these representations in videogames do look pretty shitty. Seems pretty normal for people to call them out, from sports people, wrestlers to actors to whomever. Sometimes their in game models just get done dirty.

"it’s frustrating that every time they get a crumb of recognition, it’s undermined by shit like this."

I don't know what this is from the article though, the videogame industry has been fucking up character models for men and women for as long as I can remember. We have come pretty far from the box models of the Virtua Sports days though, but you know....

Top Bottom