• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women are in EA soccer and are complaining about how they look.

fatmarco

I do sometimes. If you're going to try and convince me that there isn't constant cheating, diving and theatrics then I've got to wonder if you actually watch it.
So you admit you don't really watch it, but are simultaneously convinced of your opinion?

BlackTron

I think the issue is that vg graphics these days are insane and you have outstanding visuals especially in marketing materials.

For someone who doesn't play games and thinks that they will be represented in one as the result of a licensing arrangement, it can make their expectations high for how it will be handled. But the tweets are pretty harmless, it's Kotaku as usual making this into some sort of weird big deal.

DelireMan7

This is the girl's soccer of my dreams:
hentai GIF
What the source of this gif ? Asking for a friend.

(Of course not the Antonia Banderas one)

Lunarorbit

So you admit you don't really watch it, but are simultaneously convinced of your opinion?
The flopping and basic bullshit that happens in men's soccer is a huge reason I never watch it.

Same thing with the NBA. At least they finally started cracking down on it and can call techs which has improved the game.

You can get a yellow in soccer but that hasn't stopped the antics. Harden was bad in the NBA but neymar is completely insufferable. This type of flopping happens daily in European soccer leagues and it's a complete turnoff of the sport

Saber

Gold Member
People aways mock the stupid looking faces of models in the game. Suddenly women seems surprised by the face models of female. I think thats what EA get for trying to appeal everybody, pretty sure nobody gonna play that either.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
All it takes is women criticizing an EA sports game for NeoGAF to do a 180 and begin defending it lol.

Can be said about literally anything in here.

Phil Spencer seems like a gamer bro, so some people in here are simping him.

Ryan talks alot about organic growth, which people just repeat in arguments all while they did organic growth with Bungie.

Screaming go woke go broke while people in here also loves the last of us part 2.

Everyone loves Nintendo though, so there's tha...

Oh nvm, forgot those are simping 70 euro old remasters, am I right?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Can be said about literally anything in here.

Phil Spencer seems like a gamer bro, so some people in here are simping him.

Ryan talks alot about organic growth, which people just repeat in arguments all while they did organic growth with Bungie.

Screaming go woke go broke while people in here also loves the last of us part 2.

Everyone loves Nintendo though, so there's tha...

Oh nvm, forgot those are simping 70 euro old remasters, am I right?
I still love posting here, but yes, there can be some seriously dumb shit at times. Oh well.

NickFire

All it takes is women criticizing an EA sports game for NeoGAF to do a 180 and begin defending it lol.
I would think quite a few people here play and enjoy Madden and FIFA (or current name if changed already). That aside though, I think most people are just having a laugh that Kotaku has an article about the appearances being bad. It's funny to those who see the irony in it.

Seider

Women may think console and Pc power is unlimited and developers can do models with trillions polygons and 100% accurate with reality.

They should learn what it costs to do a soccer game like Ea Soccer before complaining. Maybe in some years that quality will meet what they expect. But now this is what there is.

Last edited:

NickFire

Imma disagree with everyone here and say EA can do better. I know, i know but they can do better.
I completely agree. Whether they have a justifiable business reason to try doing better is less clear to me though. Guessing they do not from a return on investment stand point, but maybe there is more demand than I would assume.

EA should ignore everything they say. Has any sports developer ever changed the appearance of any of the male athletes that complained about looking busted in game?
No because to my knowledge I've never seen a man complain about something like that. In reality 99% of men would laugh at their character, make fun of themselves, show their friends and have their friends make fun of them.

Catphish

The flopping and basic bullshit that happens in men's soccer is a huge reason I never watch it.

Same thing with the NBA. At least they finally started cracking down on it and can call techs which has improved the game.

You can get a yellow in soccer but that hasn't stopped the antics. Harden was bad in the NBA but neymar is completely insufferable. This type of flopping happens daily in European soccer leagues and it's a complete turnoff of the sport
They should review every "foul". And if a player is discovered to have taken a dive, they should be yellowed, and have that yellow carry over to the next match.

I want to love professional soccer, but I don't, because the diving and flopping is a fucking joke. I don't understand how anyone could defend it.

Boss Mog

You never heard the guys complain when they look like shit in games. The best way to avoid this problem is not have the women in FIFA at all. 99%+ of players won't even notice if they were removed.

FBeeEye

Banned
None of the dudes at EA must be married. If so, they would know that you can never make women happy. They'll find something to complain about.

"This doesn't represent me." Shut up. It's a videogame, you entitled brat. No artist is going to spend hundreds of hours trying to make you look like your IG filter.

recursive

I think the players are just having a laugh over it.

Not so sure about the author though. From the bottom of the (Kotaku of course) article:
"Considering women’s footy is still frustratingly under-appreciated despite the USWNT being more successful than the USMNT and women’s soccer being more enjoyable to watch overall, it’s frustrating that every time they get a crumb of recognition, it’s undermined by shit like this."

It's like a menu of why soccer fans and soccer game devs are bad, written because of a player's appearance. Isn't it ironic considering the source?
What an opinion piece. If womens soccer was more enjoyable to watch then the stands would be packed and they wouldn't need the men's teams to subsidize them. I watch some women's soccer (much less once the USWNT went super woke) but there is no denying the game is slower than the men's games.

Unless you're playing a big club in a major league then the mens models look shit too.

I'm still waiting on my clubs players getting updated. It was meant to happen in FIFA 23 but not happened yet. Compared to English teams it's not as big a club but still have massive following around the world.

Sentenza

Well, they have a point. Some of these models are a hilarious mismatch.

Of course, Kotaku HAD to taint the discussion with the usual clueless metacommentary.

Kikorin

I'd like to know which percentage of FIFA players ever even tried to play as a female team. I guess something like 3% or less (even every woman I know that watch soccer, just watch the male A series).

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
People aways mock the stupid looking faces of models in the game. Suddenly women seems surprised by the face models of female. I think thats what EA get for trying to appeal everybody, pretty sure nobody gonna play that either.

No, these women are also mocking the faces.

Top Bottom