• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With your CyberPunk Money Back, Buy Ghost of Tsushima

VFXVeteran

Banned
ghost of tsushima?

random npcs ai suck. they are zombies. you can't have meaningful conversations with them. makes the world feel empty and dead. just a backdrop with no substance. they don't have a complex day/night work/life cycle. also what happened to the number of npcs? a town where only 8 people live? ghost towns
you can't enter every house.
you can't sit on every chair.
i can't gamble.
i want to go fishing drink eat in restaurants but nothing. dumb
traffic and driving ai nonexistent.
police ai nonexistent you can't even kill npcs it doesn't make logical sense.
progression system is a joke.
player agency is a joke.
sidequests repetitive and awful

compare that world to rdr2 and you realize ghost of tsushima is basically and empty shell. a disgrace.

overall 4/10

ALL Sony games and Sony themselves can never do any wrong, are always overlooked for their dirty practices, and of course, make the best games ever.. so you'd better run for the hills with this post!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
ALL Sony games and Sony themselves can never do any wrong, are always overlooked for their dirty practices, and of course, make the best games ever.. so you'd better run for the hills with this post!

Kinda figured this was a Sony specific thread seeing as the news of the day was them unexpectedly offering no questions asked refunds on digital purchases of Cyberpunk ?

harmny

Banned

if cyberpunk was made by arasaka it would be called GOTG and it would be sold at $70

Jigsaah

Gold Member
That's a lie. My version of Cyberpunk runs extremely well. Never crashed since I had the game. Brain dead AI? Name a open world game that had "good" AI. I'll wait for that response.
Ditto. I've had maybe one or two crashes, but it was because I was overclocking the hell outta my "notta 3080" GPU. There are bugs. I have seen the "T" pose bug Fallout 76 was infamous for. I've seen people glitch into cars. Generally nothing games breaking though.

Fbh

To be honest I don't think it would be smart to buy GOT now.
It has been out long enough that it will probably be on sale for $30 fairly soon. It was already down to $40 during black friday and looking at the pricing trend of TLOU2 the next decent sale should have it for $30.

Get Hades or some other under $30 game now, and then buy GOT for $30 in January. 2 great games for the same price

MiguelItUp

GoT is a great game, but honestly I feel that CP:2077 hits a some more memorable moments. That being said, neither are really alike in a lot of ways sans the whole open-world thing. Even when it comes to mechanics.

If people are legitimately crippled and can't enjoy CP:2077, I'd rather them do anything else with their money, haha.

waquzy

That's a lie. My version of Cyberpunk runs extremely well. Never crashed since I had the game. Brain dead AI? Name a open world game that had "good" AI. I'll wait for that response.
Every single open world game has a better AI than the one found it Cyberpunk. Have you even played the game mate?!

No crashes? You must be the chosen one then!

VFXVeteran

Banned
Every single open world game has a better AI than the one found it Cyberpunk. Have you even played the game mate?!

I have pretty much every single open world game you are implicitly trying to name. Name one. I can verify it with a video. Should I load up AC:Valhalla or Watch Dogs: Legion and do comparison vids?

Vick

You're quoting an user who ranked your beloved Valhalla a 3/10..

What an insane obsession for Sony you have man, when will you finally get over this? Will you ever get over this? Or even when lying in bed close to death you'll be bothering your grandchildren rambling about that company you couldn't stand and their not even good looking games?

And they can do wrong. They made a boring Uncharted 4 campaing because people like the one you quoted were screaming for years all kind of nonsense about Drake being a mass murder.

They made TLoUII story. They can do wrong. It's rare though, when you carefully craft and manage your teams for more twenty years and all kind of talents from all over the world wants to work for you, doing wrong becomes harder and harder.

harmny

Banned
You're quoting an user who ranked your beloved Valhalla a 3/10..

What an insane obsession for Sony you have man, when will you finally get over this? Will you ever get over this? Or even when lying in bed close to death you'll be bothering your grandchildren rambling about that company you couldn't stand and their not even good looking games?

And they can do wrong. They made a boring Uncharted 4 campaing because people like the one you quoted were screaming for years all kind of nonsense about Drake being a mass murder.

They made TLoUII story. They can do wrong. It's rare though, when you carefully craft and manage your teams for more twenty years and all kind of talents from all over the world wants to work for you, doing wrong becomes harder and harder.

i didn't rate valhalla 3/10. i rated every single open world game 3/10 because none of them do everything and i learnt with cyberpunk that people want open world games to do EVERYTHING so my standards now are pretty high.

valhalla solid game in november. sadly 3/10 now. i can't kill npcs. i can't have conversations with them. can't sit on every chair. no complex routine. no police ai. same thing with most open world action adventure/rpg games

Last edited:

Vick

I have pretty much every single open world game you are implicitly trying to name. Name one. I can verify it with a video. Should I load up AC:Valhalla or Watch Dogs: Legion and do comparison vids?
Comparison with Watch Dogs Legion:

Must be so tiresome choosing to stand behind the weirdest stances all the time, it's beyond masochist really.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Comparison with Watch Dogs Legion:

Must be so tiresome choosing to stand behind the weirdest stances all the time, it's beyond masochist really.

tell me about everyhing else in the game except for traffic/police/random npcs ai.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Definitely a good choice for any who haven't played it. I was on the fence about it, but ended up loving it and getting the platinum. The Legneds co-op MP mode they added for free is solid too. I need to get back to that and think I'll brave hooking my HDD of PS4 games up to my PS5 as I've been itching to play more and check out the game in 60FPS. Had been hesitant about the HDD issues PS5 was having early on, but haven't heard much lately and think most were related to rest mode which I also haven't been using.

Vick

tell me about everyhing else in the game except for traffic/police/random npcs ai.
I don't know, i'm waiting for them to fix it before playing because i actually care about the game and don't want to spoil the experience with the mess being served at the moment.

Did the same with The Witcher 3, bought years after launch, a million of patches later and it became one of my favorite games of all time. Hope for the same to happen here.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I liked it

+ Fun combat, not complex, not too simple
+ Learning moves changes combat over time
+ Great look and feel, ambiance
+ Cute little touches (Foxes, etc.)
+ Good main story, although fairly cliche
+ Fast load times even on PS4

- Unskippable cut scenes, including loads of pointless ones
- Incredibly boring "follow me and talk" missions
- Outside of unlocking moves; loot and other progression systems fairly unsatisfying
- Most side stories bored me to tears

Last edited:

Bkdk

Ghost of Tsushima has some of the worst character design ever for AAA gaming though. Probably consider Yakuza like a dragon.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Probably not the right place to talk about it, but open-worlds only work for me if I'm into the main character, either as a type or a personality.

Kinda why things like Cyberpunk don't really have much appeal for me, but something like GoT does.

Kokoloko85

I just finished it on hard, started straight away on the last insane or whatever that new difficulty is called to up the challenge. My New ps5 has played astro and Ghosts lol

I cant put it down, amazing game. I am scared to buy Valhalla next as it will just feel like shit.

I cant even get excited about Cuyberpunk, take away the neons and the graphics and whats left ? look at the gameplay loop, its hardly high octane action woyld be 100 % sarcasm....

The gameplay loop of combat looks absolute shit level of mega boring in cyberpunk which is important to me.

PS5 has been Demon souls, Astroboy and Ghosts so far. I tried DMCV and Spiderman but they had to wait lol

Vick

Ghost of Tsushima has some of the worst character design ever for AAA gaming though.
Excuse me?

5f9RY0n.png

TO5Bxyf.png

j8Jim9b.png

r6YUr3X.png

Rc53y1Z.png

Wanting to have humans looking like humans (and actually succeeding unlike Ubisoft games for instance)= some of the worst character design ever for AAA gaming?

But even Legends aside.. i'm honestly baffled by this take. I mean, i remember the face of every single character i've met in the game.

Last edited:

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Ugh, no. Buy Cyberpunk on PC instead.

Yep. Bought GoT on PS5 for 60fps/4K patch.

But Cyberpunk is really incredible, if you’re playing on PC.

It will get there on consoles. If not last Gen consoles, than current Gen consoles should be close enough to PC for the true blue experience.

Yes the base console version isn’t quite ready.

But man. The game itself, when at its best? Absolutely amazing.

geordiemp

ghost of tsushima?

random npcs ai suck. they are zombies. you can't have meaningful conversations with them. makes the world feel empty and dead. just a backdrop with no substance. they don't have a complex day/night work/life cycle. also what happened to the number of npcs? a town where only 8 people live? ghost towns
you can't enter every house.
you can't sit on every chair.
i can't gamble.
i want to go fishing drink eat in restaurants but nothing. dumb
traffic and driving ai nonexistent.
police ai nonexistent you can't even kill npcs it doesn't make logical sense.
progression system is a joke.
player agency is a joke.
sidequests repetitive and awful

compare that world to rdr2 and you realize ghost of tsushima is basically and empty shell. a disgrace.

overall 4/10

I can enter every house except 1 design. Some NPC talk and react, some dont, thats - who gives a shit.

Ghosts Combat is engaging and on Lethal mode challenging and requires tactics and skill, changiong stances for different types of sword play and fast reflexes for parry and dodges.

Cyberpunk has no combat gameplay to discuss, it looks complete shit. RDR2 gameplay, fuck me silly. Really ?

I recall enjoying Ninja Gaiden, only if that NPC said hello how are you today....it would of been even better - lol who cares. Its a game.

I play games for the gameplay, not to discuss which NPC characters have lines or not. Some do, some dont, who cares.

Last edited:
Top Bottom