• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With PSVR2 around the corner, which games are you (debating) picking up day one?

DryvBy

I've been obsessed with watching gameplay, trying to figure out which games I'm going to buy behind my wife's back. I'm kind of curious what others are buying on launch this week.

1. Pavlov - This game just looks incredible and it's a day one for me. It's cross-play, is coming out with mod support (per the devs), community looks terrific, and I'm a fan of Counter-strike.

2. Kayak VR - This wasn't even on my radar but then I watched some people describing their experiences and was sold. Some of my favorite VR experiences on the DK2 and PSVR have been relaxing games and they're also great for showing someone VR who may not like the bigger stuff I'm into.

This having multiplayer is a game changer too because it's the best I'm gonna get to Jet Moto or Wave Race in VR.

3. Switchback VR - Until Dawn's rail shooter on the original PSVR was a family favorite and one of the games I thought sold VR to everyone. The horror elements are something I strongly desire in VR (RE8 is going to be lit for me). But I think rail shooters are perfect for VR too.

4. Townsmen VR - This looks like a classic game, Black and White, so I'm already sold. This is a fence but I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy it. I wanted a different type of game and this may fit the bill more than City Skylines which I don't see me investing as much time into.

The list is Changing daily. I'm hanging out till tomorrow night, but likely:

• Tentacular
  • The Light Brigade
  • Pistol Whip
  • Pavlov
  • Puzzling Places
Already have Tetris, Thumper and GT7. Hanging out for Walkabout Minigolf/Golf+ but unlikely.

Also, Switchback is Delayed until 16th March

Last edited:

Rudius

I have Resident Evil 8, No Man's Sky and Gran Turismo 7 ready.

I'm in doubt about picking Kayak VR now or later.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Gran Turismo 7 - have
RE Village - have
Moss Bundle - Preordered
Kayak VR: Mirage - Preordered
Puzzling Places - have

Pavlov I'm definitely getting, but not on launch day. Same with The Light Brigade.

Will be getting Switchback, Saints & Sinners Ch. 2, and RE4 Remake next month.

k1m1d4n

I'm going with horizon (bundled), gt7, RE8( I even bought the extras unlock dlc and I'm gonna play that like god-damned shooter) I have NMS and saints and sinners waiting for a release date. And I think I'll also upgrade my VR Tetris as I have never tried that one in psvr1.

DryvBy

• Tentacular
  • The Light Brigade
  • Pistol Whip
  • Pavlov
Already have Tetris, Thumper and GT7. Hanging out for Walkabout Minigolf/Golf+ but unlikely.

Well, that's going to change things for me. It's been hard to keep up with everything.

Gran Turismo 7 - have
RE Village - have
Moss Bundle - Preordered
Kayak VR: Mirage - Preordered
Puzzling Places - have

Pavlov I'm definitely getting, but not on launch day. Same with The Light Brigade.

Will be getting Switchback, Saints & Sinners Ch. 2, and RE4 Remake next month.
Oh, Forgot Puzzing Places. Thats Day one for me as well.

Hunnybun

I'm getting the Horizon bundle, and I've bought GT7 and RE Village in preparation.

I'll almost certainly get NMS too at some point.

Of the others, Tentacular looks strangely appealing (I know from experience how cool those diorama type settings are in VR), and Kayak looks great. I'm wondering just what the RE4 content is going to be, too.

But really 4 big games should do me for quite a while, really.

Horizon, RE8, GT7 of course.

Kayak VR for the visual showcase.

Switchback for sure.

Song in the smoke has great reviews and I never played it on PSVR 1.

Tentacular I've heard great things.

XXL

- Horizon
- GT7
- RE8
- NMS
- Pavlov
- Rez
- Kayak VR
- Thumper
- Tetris
- Job Sim
- Vacation Sim
- Pistol Whip
- Walking Dead 1/2
- Moss 1/2
- Switchback

On the fence
- Tentacular
- Puzzling Places
- Cities VR
- Star Wars
- Cosmonious High

Last edited:

ssringo

Getting the Horizon bundle so I'll have that one. Other than that just Village for day 1. While I'm confident it'll be much more comfortable to play than the Quest I don't want to go too hard on purchases until I've spent some time with it.

Walking Dead is a high priority as is GT7. Depending on the RE4R "content" I may purchase it again on console just for the VR.

XXL

Getting the Horizon bundle so I'll have that one. Other than that just Village for day 1. While I'm confident it'll be much more comfortable to play than the Quest I don't want to go too hard on purchases until I've spent some time with it.

Walking Dead is a high priority as is GT7. Depending on the RE4R "content" I may purchase it again on console just for the VR.
I have RE4 VR on Quest 2.

I'm praying it's the full game on PSVR 2, cause holy shit that would be amazing.

mako

• Tentacular
  • The Light Brigade
  • Pistol Whip
  • Pavlov
  • Puzzling Places

Quoted wrong but was replying here.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just found out that I apparently have enough ps stars points for a free game or two. I thought I was pretty set on the launch window (will already be hard to play all this stuff) but since I can basically grab a couple more for free, has me considered the OP's question....

Thinking maybe PAVLOV. Or I could grab Moss 1/2. Hard to choose, because I already have some good shooters... and I already played Moss.

Idk, idk...

• Tentacular
  • The Light Brigade
  • Pistol Whip
  • Pavlov
  • Puzzling Places

Cool fact. I've just realised, apart from GT7, All my games start with the Letter P or T. Mindblowing.

nowhat

I ordered the Horizon bundle, apart from that already have GT7, Tetris Effect, No Man's Sky, Rez Infinite, Thumper and Moss in my library (might have more, need to properly go over what PSVR games will receive an upgrade). Those should keep me busy for a while at least.

...but I've yet to receive a notice of shipment from my retailer, so I'm pretty skeptical I'll receive the hardware on launch day. Which sucks.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wait. How?
I signed up for that, and then immediately forgot about it. And I apparently spend a lot of money on PSN which I guess is a good way to earn points? Idk, haven't been really paying attention to it, but I have a lot of those points.

Kuranghi

I have:

* Rez Infinite
* Thumper
* RE8
* GT7
* No Man's Sky (I think? Was it free with PS Collection/Plus at some point?)
* The Last Guardian VR (assuming it gets patched)
* Moss 1

And more I can't remember no doubt. I plan to buy:

* Horizon CotM
* Project Wingman
* Moss 2
* Kayak VR: Mirage
* Tentacular
* What The Bat
* Cosmonius High
* Work/Vacation Simulator/
* RE7
* RE4 VR

There's more but can't member them, pretty stacked though.

Three

GT7
Switchback VR
Moss 2
RE8

So I only just realised PSVR2 releases the day after pancake day

coincidence-i-think-not.gif

SLB1904

Banned
I signed up for that, and then immediately forgot about it. And I apparently spend a lot of money on PSN which I guess is a good way to earn points? Idk, haven't been really paying attention to it, but I have a lot of those points.
I got fuck all. I buy stuff from my non ps plus account sigh

XXL

I have:

* Rez Infinite
* Thumper
* RE8
* GT7
* No Man's Sky (I think? Was it free with PS Collection/Plus at some point?)
* The Last Guardian VR (assuming it gets patched)
* Moss 1

And more I can't remember no doubt. I plan to buy:

* Horizon CotM
* Project Wingman
* Moss 2
* Kayak VR: Mirage
* Tentacular
* What The Bat
* Cosmonius High
* Work/Vacation Simulator/
* RE7
* RE4 VR

There's more but can't member them, pretty stacked though.
I forgot about Project Wingman. I'm 99% buying that one when it releases as well.

Crayon

If I had waited, I think I would have passed on horizon and got something else but that box has already shipped. I already have GT7, which I played a bunch of but put down to wait for vr. Racing games on a flat tv are so inferior to vr that I don't even want to talk about it. RE8 I waited on and hoped for vr. My wife just brought home a used copy for cheap. I could have played those for weeks until nms and walking dead get free upgrades. If I saved the 50 on Horizon, I would have bought pavlov or song in the smoke. Hopefully horizon is better than I'm expecting, but my main concern with the game was that it was going to focus on the climbing, which is what we are hearing from reviews.

Mahavastu

Hmmm, its my first VR thingie, and I bought probably more than I should :pie_eyeroll:

Horizon (via Bundle, looks sooo good, I guess I will have a hell of a time despite some negative reviews)
GT7 (looks great, but I am a horrible driver)
RE8 (will probably be too afraid to play)
Kayak VR (looks soooo good, probably a good game to introduce others)
Star wars (I like star wars, game looked nice, but is said to be short)
No man sky (was in sale, probably a mistake but I will give it a try)

And probably:
Saint&Sinners 1 (free upgrade)
Thumper & Rez (cheap upgrade)

Last edited:

Markio128

I’ve only pre-ordered Kayak VR for now, what with already owning GT7, NMS, Moss, Thumper and RE:Village. Those should keep me busy for a while. Then for the next batch, I’m going to buy Horizon, Star Wars, Pavlov, Saints and Sinners and Switchback VR.

Tbh, I fancy playing quite a lot of the announced games.

Last edited:

ABnormal

I already bought RE8 few weeks ago, already have NMS.

I plan to buy Saints and Sinners 1 and 2.

I will try GT7 at a friend's home.

Maybe I will add Horizon at launch for maximum spectacle and to see how much exploration in the world there is.

Those are the games that I can't wait to try at launch. Others will follow when I will need something more.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Have: RE Village, No Man's Sky

In the bundle: Horizon

Pre-ordered: Moss 1 & 2, Star Wars, Switchback VR, Saints & Sinners 1 & 2

On the fence: Kayak, Tetris

Never touched VR in my life, so I'm looking forward to experiencing something new. If people have recommendations...

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

GT7, Horizon, Village, Pavlov, After Fall, Waling Dead Saints and Sinners, Kayak vr, Pistol Whip, Tetris Effect, Thumper, Moss 1/2, No Mans Sky. Consider Song in the smoke. This year also for sure Switchback, Sierra Squad, Firewall, Wanderer, Project Wingman.

Last edited:
Top Bottom