• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wishing I could RTTP: The Sega 360

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Anyone remember the 360. The Sega R360 arcade cabinet that is? I only got to try this out once playing the afterburner clone game, but it was awesome, even though I died pretty quickly as I kept doing 360 spins rather than focusing on the game and it cost an arm and a leg for a credit . I wish these were still around but using modern games.
wfBZbnM.jpg

Please tell me there is a modern equivalent being worked on or out in the real world already.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I played it at an arcade at Blackpool, UK. Pretty sure it was £5 a credit which would be the equivalent of $15 or so in today's money. Still well worth it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I got to play the HOTD arcade where you're in a ride basically and the cart spins around. I think it was HOTD 3 maybe?

Total gimmick but was neat.

Anyone remember the Jurassic Park game where it just violently rumbles the whole time. It was painful as a 10 year old, can't imagine sitting on that thing as an adult, lol.

nush

I played it once, the game with it was G-Loc a sequel to Afterburner BUT it was a special short version of the game so you could only play a few minutes for your £5. It was cool arcade tech but it didn't feel like you were actually in the plane. You spun around a lot thinking this is awesome and then it was over.

stranno

It must be a blast to play, especially with G-LOC: Air Battle and Rad Mobile. They should have added Power Drift as well.

PS5 vs XSX Matrix Power Consumption Comparison.
R360: Kids, please.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Like this post if you opened this thread thinking it would be another "Microsoft buys SEGA" / "SEGA Dreamcast 2 is the Xbox 360" thread.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Nah that is those cabinets that move around a little like the original afterburner. The r360 was on a whole other level.

Is there a way to buy a setup like that for current games? I am confident that as long as you have the hardware it is a matter of tuning drivers.

Top Bottom