• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WIRED has given Hogwarts Legacy a 1/10 review score

Azurro

Banned
Cis and Trans are not made up and are in fact real latin prefixes/words:
Cis = comes from the Latin meaning “on this side”
Trans = which means “on the other side of

While I wouldn't ever think of using cis in a normal conversation, I can understand it's purpose in the context of discussion gender identities.

But it's an unnecessary addition to language, and it's offensive to the "cis" community to be called "cis", because being "cis" is the default position of humanity, that's how we reproduce. I know feelings get hurt, but calling something normal and expected something else doesn't change it.

In terms of discussion of gender identities, that is a religion with extra steps, given that only two genders exist biologically and no justification is given for the spectrum of genders they propose exist.

Tams

If transwomen want to be treated like real women then they need to fully commit to being a woman and have the irreversible surgery.

They still won't be women. Just as females who take drugs and have surgery to try to become a man won't be men.

Perhaps one day there will be genetic editting that could actually achieve sex transition. We don't have that now though, so to think you can change your sex is delusional.

And of course, even if we it were possible, it doesn't address the moral issues at all.

FunkMiller

Excellent article, well worth reading. More and more people are coming to realise that they’ve been gaslit for years by the trans lobby over what Rowling has actually said. None of it is transphobic. None of it is hateful. Not when you take the time to actually read it… instead of just mindlessly agreeing with other people online, whose views you align with.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
They still won't be women. Just as females who take drugs and have surgery to try to become a man won't be men.

Perhaps one day there will be genetic editting that could actually achieve sex transition. We don't have that now though, so to think you can change your sex is delusional.

And of course, even if we it were possible, it doesn't address the moral issues at all.

I don't even know what kind of sci Fi technology would we need to turn a man into a woman, even if DNA is edited, that wouldn't change bone structure, so you'd need to somehow reverse aging of a person to before puberty, but that does not create a functioning vagina/penis either, so you'd have to go even further and literally be born again.

Tams

I don't even know what kind of sci Fi technology would we need to turn a man into a woman, even if DNA is edited, that wouldn't change bone structure, so you'd need to somehow reverse aging of a person to before puberty, but that does not create a functioning vagina/penis either, so you'd have to go even further and literally be born again.

I have no idea if it would be possible and if it is, what the risks wpuld be (one can confidently assume they'd be very high though).

But that is, as you said, all sci-fi. The current reality, is bar a miniscule number of people (for whom their condition can be life-threatening), you are born the sex you are and nothing can change that.

JeloSWE

Thank you, great article.

"Take it from one of her former critics. E.J. Rosetta, a journalist who once denounced Rowling for her supposed transphobia, was commissioned last year to write an article called “20 Transphobic J.K. Rowling Quotes We’re Done With.” After 12 weeks of reporting and reading, Rosetta wrote, “I’ve not found a single truly transphobic message.” On Twitter she declared, “You’re burning the wrong witch.”"

Last edited:

mrobbo

Neo Member
One of the most disappointing parts of this whole fiasco is the flat out refusal to even mention this game by some of the content creators I enjoyed listening to and watching up til now. Been on the fence with Nextlander for a while but this was too much. Complete radio silence.
Just listened to their latest podcast and they talked for ages about demos but no mention of the biggest game of the year. Disappointed to say the least. Nextlander, Giant Bomb, Shill Up, Jeff Gertstmann, Fire Escape Cast. Sad. Now my podcast list is about empty.

FunkMiller

Just listened to their latest podcast and they talked for ages about demos but no mention of the biggest game of the year. Disappointed to say the least. Nextlander, Giant Bomb, Shill Up, Jeff Gertstmann, Fire Escape Cast. Sad. Now my podcast list is about empty.

Skill Up’s repeatedly mentioned the game on his weekly games news round up.

CSJ

If transwomen want to be treated like real women then they need to fully commit to being a woman and have the irreversible surgery.

Hey didn't you know, that constantly shifting goalpost for being offended now means it's TRANS WOMAN not TRANSWOMAN.

You know they will ban/warn people for getting a space wrong when there's zero malicious intent.
People have issues with keeping up with this and language as a whole, like people who write alot instead of a lot.
As well as people who's primary language makes them write it differently when they try to translate it but eh; fuck other language am I right? (/s)

There are so many words beginning with trans that make a whole word, and I think that's why people make that mistake.
You know, like transgender. (or is it trans gender?) I don't know, maybe next week the former will be insulting.

I've never seen such a critical movement nit picking every fucking detail, it's tiresome - just change your gender and
Shut
The
Fuck
Up.

Nah, gotta come out in public to get my 5 minutes of fame, change my bio to mention it (before they were trans they never did this when they were CIS), raise my alliance flags, complain about grammar and turn into a psychotic nut-job.

The trans people I know who made the switch basically sat down with me, told me what was going on, said not to worry if I slip up with pronouns/names etc.
Then they got on with their life, I supported them, understood them - they were not crazy like these people on RE. (Although I only know 2)

Now games are too afraid to have male/female like they don't exist.
You know, pretty sure it'll take 5 minutes to add male/female/other/etc in to your UI, even if you don't mean it, devs.

Hey didn't you know, that constantly shifting goalpost for being offended now means it's TRANS WOMAN not TRANSWOMAN.

You know they will ban/warn people for getting a space wrong when there's zero malicious intent.
People have issues with keeping up with this and language as a whole, like people who write alot instead of a lot.
As well as people who's primary language makes them write it differently when they try to translate it but eh; fuck other language am I right? (/s)

There are so many words beginning with trans that make a whole word, and I think that's why people make that mistake.
You know, like transgender. (or is it trans gender?) I don't know, maybe next week the former will be insulting.

I've never seen such a critical movement nit picking every fucking detail, it's tiresome - just change your gender and
Shut
The
Fuck
Up.

Nah, gotta come out in public to get my 5 minutes of fame, change my bio to mention it (before they were trans they never did this when they were CIS), raise my alliance flags, complain about grammar and turn into a psychotic nut-job.

The trans people I know who made the switch basically sat down with me, told me what was going on, said not to worry if I slip up with pronouns/names etc.
Then they got on with their life, I supported them, understood them - they were not crazy like these people on RE. (Although I only know 2)

You know, pretty sure it'll take 5 minutes to add male/female/other/etc in to your UI, even if you don't mean it, devs.
Lmao that thread is hidden behind a member's only filter. I had my account deleted long ago.

Cyberpunkd

I guess we can bundle Polygon review here as well, since they went in hard:
It’s likely that if you’re reading this, you have already made up your mind about Hogwarts Legacy. Because of Rowling’s persistent transphobic activism, the game has become a central pillar in a culture war to determine transgender people’s right to exist.
But then you have Jim Sterling saying asking for proof of the above is part of transphobes' "script", which in it's simplified form goes like this:

JK Rowling is a Nazi.
Can you show me an example?
No.

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Also, you cannot make this shit up:
Somehow, Hogwarts as it existed in the 1890s, when the game takes place, is more diverse along every axis than it is in 1995, when the Harry Potter novels begin. When I read the books as a young girl, I longed for more Indian representation than just Parvati and Padma Patil. In Hogwarts Legacy, multiple professors are Indian, as are my classmates.
While Rowling’s racial representation has never been good, tossing a half-dozen Indians into the Scottish countryside willy-nilly isn’t exactly better. Where did they come from — India, which was still under British rule in the 1800s? And where did they all go by the time Harry got there?

tan GIF

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Whenever I see an argument for anti-trans popping up in here 9/10 times it just gives me massive flashbacks to how it's essentially the same exact arguments the Christian right trotted out in their anti-gay crusading for decades. Gays forcing it on people, not natural, only a very small % of the pop, mental illness, raping kids, blah blah. Same old stinking shit, different clothes.

I mean it is a very small % but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t live with dignity and respect like everyone else.

The whole % argument to me resonates more as in “perhaps we shouldn’t upend society and language for the 5% and instead find meaningful compromises”.

To me calling women “people who menstruate” or letting rapists with fully functioning penises in women’s prisons are not good compromises.

But then you have Jim Sterling saying asking for proof of the above is part of transphobes' "script", which in it's simplified form goes like this:

JK Rowling is a Nazi.
Can you show me an example?
No.

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Also, you cannot make this shit up:

tan GIF

Incoherence is the only coherent theme in any of this discourse. It's so childish.

Mossybrew

Yeah, this is exactly what you'd expect from Polygon though.

I swear, in all my many years of following gaming culture and media, the moral panic over this game is absolutely the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. People are absolutely losing their minds over this shit. It's weird, sad, and honestly a little scary. These people are legit fanatics.

Moneal

Yeah, this is exactly what you'd expect from Polygon though.

I swear, in all my many years of following gaming culture and media, the moral panic over this game is absolutely the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. People are absolutely losing their minds over this shit. It's weird, sad, and honestly a little scary. These people are legit fanatics.
I think these people believed they had more power than they actually had. Businesses have been giving in to them for years, partly because the HR departments are made up of these people and partly because of their numbers on social media. They thought they could get consumers to give in to them because of their manipulation of businesses. They were beyond wrong. The social media sphere isn't as important to the everyday person. If they succeded this would solidify their control over the marketplace. That is why they threw everything they could at this game. The failure here is a major blow to them and could be the beginning of the end of their influence on businesses.

Hopefully but I dunno. So many people make a nice living out of peddling this stuff. It seems to be hardcoded into most big firms, civil services and charities now.

Watching 50-something old white guys go along with stuff they clearly disagree with - or at least have some questions about - has been bizarre.

Last edited:
If some of the far out extremists within the trans community had any real courage, they would organized a boycott against Sony, Valve, Nintendo, and MS for having this game on their platforms. But we all know the answer to that do we?

They thought maybe it would be easier to just pile on a moderate to big celebrity in JK Rowling and try to get her and the IP she created cancelled. They tried to do it with Dave Chapelle and they failed miserably when Netflix already invested tens of millions into him and isn't going to cancel the deal. They tried to cancel Nintendo and the company wouldn't budge on not getting involved in politics when the crazies inserted Trans messages in Smash Bros creator stages and Nintendo said no. Hogwart's Legacy has a real shot of selling over 20 million in lifetime sales, the big 4 wants some of that money. The big 4 isn't going to cancel an enormous profit generator because of a small percentage that is extremely mentally ill.

Nintendo, Chapelle, Rowling did not bend the knee and give into the crazies or apologized to them. So what happened? The crazies lost.

Hopefully but I dunno. So many people make a nice living out of peddling this stuff. It seems to be hardcoded into most big firms, civil services and charities now.

Watching 50-something old white guys go along with stuff they clearly disagree with - or at least have some questions about - has been bizarre.
agreed. the worst of these people is the over-40 crowd. because you know that, deep down, they simply aren't really buying it...
I think these people believed they had more power than they actually had. Businesses have been giving in to them for years, partly because the HR departments are made up of these people and partly because of their numbers on social media. They thought they could get consumers to give in to them because of their manipulation of businesses. They were beyond wrong. The social media sphere isn't as important to the everyday person. If they succeded this would solidify their control over the marketplace. That is why they threw everything they could at this game. The failure here is a major blow to them and could be the beginning of the end of their influence on businesses.
absolutely this. as technologically developed a world as we currently live in, it's still one where meat space > digital space, much to their dismay...

another factor, which i've mentioned elsewhere: many of these folks, along with myself & others now enjoying the game, felt that hogwarts legacy was destined to become a disappointment - mainly because of the kinda low-key track record of the developer. well, i think that as pleasantly delighted as many of us became on discovering just how wrong we were, so were many of these folks as deeply shocked to discover that the game they'd decided to either off-handedly smear or outright dismiss surprisingly turned out to be easily among the top dozen games of the generation so far. i think that this's seriously caught them off-guard, & left them looking angry, bitter, & simply in denial, rather than self-righteously aloof. & i think the point they've now made (that they are, in truth, nothing so much as a self-indulgent, over-influential minority) is an entirely different one from the point that they were originally intending to make...

Last edited:

Moneal

agreed. the worst of these people is the over-40 crowd. because you know that, deep down, they simply aren't really buying it...

absolutely this. as technologically developed a world as we currently live in, it's still one where meat space > digital space, much to their dismay...

another factor, which i've mentioned elsewhere: many of these folks, along with myself & others now enjoying the game, felt that hogwarts legacy was destined to become a disappointment - mainly because of the kinda low-key track record of the developer. well, i think that as pleasantly delighted as many of us became on discovering just how wrong we were, so were many of these folks as deeply shocked to discover that the game they'd decided to either off-handedly smear or outright dismiss surprisingly turned out to be easily among the top dozen games of the generation so far. i think that this's seriously caught them off-guard, & left them looking angry, bitter, & simply in denial, rather than self-righteously aloof. & i think the point they've now made (that they are, in truth, nothing so much as a self-indulgent, over-influential minority) is an entirely different one from the point that they were originally intending to make...
Yea, most of them believed the game would be bad and fail anyway. This would have allowed them to say the boycott worked.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
One of the most disappointing parts of this whole fiasco is the flat out refusal to even mention this game by some of the content creators I enjoyed listening to and watching up til now. Been on the fence with Nextlander for a while but this was too much. Complete radio silence.
Just listened to their latest podcast and they talked for ages about demos but no mention of the biggest game of the year. Disappointed to say the least. Nextlander, Giant Bomb, Shill Up, Jeff Gertstmann, Fire Escape Cast. Sad.
It's sad. I lost respect for some gaming podcasts. It's the biggest game right now, even bigger than last years darling Elden Ring. How can you just ignore it? I wonder what will happen when GOTY comes around. This game will be in the running for sure and it's just embarrassing they aren't willing to even talk about it. They are cowards.

I am so into the game and was excited to hear their thoughts too because i am loving it. But alas, they havent and that says alot about who they really are.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Hopefully other publishers are taking note of the success of this game in contrast to the "outrage".

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

I checked the timeline / summary of Nextlander's two most recent episodes in my podcast app and was disappointed it wasn't mentioned, yea. I didn't delete them, but I considered it.

Honey Bunny

They did the same with Kingdom Come Deliverance at Giantbomb, that was when I parted ways with them for good.

mrobbo

Neo Member
Yep, absolute spineless dickstains.

Did Colin Moriarty discuss HL? I forget.
Yeah in Episode 241 of Sacred Symbols they discuss it at length. Even named the podcast as such.
Game of the Year is going to be a joke with these these slacktevists trying to dance around even mentioning the game. I'm guessing they were hoping it was going to flop and be forgotten in a week, but oops.

Freeman76

I get where they're coming from, she's transphobe who uses her money to prevent people from getting basic healthcare for doing whatever they want with their bodies and probably sides with an ideology that at best hindered a lot of people's lives, of course she deserves criticism and disdain. Just because you liked the art she made doesn't take away the fact that she's a dick, Ren and Stimpy was a funny show that influenced a generation of artists and helped the animation industry to move forwards, but that doesn't excuse John K. being a teen rapist. Would you forgive the Nazis just because they campaigned against smoking? It's very hiperbolic but you get the idea.

Bullying a streamer for enjoying it isn't the best way to protest though, I don't have double standards so I'm also willing to call out toxicity.

You should probably do a bit of research on her, as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

mrobbo

Neo Member
You sound like someone on Reeee.

Everyone who plays Hogwart’s is a transphobe = everyone who doesn’t "review Hogwarts when their entire career is based around talking and reviewing games" is a coward.

Ralph’s banned on Reeee for stuff he’s said.
There I fixed it for ya 👍🏻

One of the biggest problems is that few people will speak in real terms about any of this. It's a bunch of false equivalencies. Like when some says "you're denying a trans person's right to exist," they're not really talking about someone who says or thinks that trans people shouldn't be allowed to exist. They're talking about someone who refuses to use or be constrained to use their pronouns. But they won't voice their complaint using those stark terms because they feel their indignation is more justified if they frame it as if they're being persecuted.

Most people don't care what you do in your personal life. They just want you to keep your issues to yourself and the people who want to hear about your issues. Mostly they want you to keep it away from their kids (and I mean their own specific kids), and they don't like when you tell them that you have to not just abide them, but laud and celebrate them. It's fucking annoying, and it's also annoying when they get called bigots or hateful for not going along with it.
If trans people weren't persecuted (This counts bullying and prejudice) then suicide rates wouldn't be so high, not allowing them to exist in front of kids is like saying gay or black people shouldn't be allowed near kids because they might rape them.
What I meant by rape: trans women do not learn from their mothers at the age of 12 they should constantly watch out around them, look how they dress and come back in groups.
I'd get the complaint, but they just dress like any other woman these days, implying women get raped or sexually assaulted JUST for wearing tight clothes or skirts is dumb. Rapists rape because their mothers didn't teach them how to treat women, regardless of gender or sex.
Shut
The
Fuck
Up.

I mostly agree with most of this but I don't think publically coming out as a whole is bad, when It's just letting people know you're indeed trans, It's only a bit annoying if you pretend you're brave for doing so.

Sex isn't the same thing as gender, nobody cares about their bone structures, they just want tits, veginas (Even if It's prostetic and not functional) and society treating them like women, you could argue It's unfair to put trans women/men in sporting events because their bones are still weaker/stronger... and I actually agree, but using that as an excuse to invalidate their identity is dumb.
You should probably do a bit of research on her, as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
To be honest I did change my mind a bit since that post, I admit I was a bit wrong about her, but if nobody is willing to quote her and nobody is willing to proove she's NOT against trans people when there's more proof that's the case like supporting and defending actual transphobes under the guise of feminism, (Her being kind isn't proof), then what reason do I have to? If I quoted something I would be accussed of cherrypicking/misinterpreting her words, and if I had a source that wasn't Rowling herself or her supporters you guys would call it biased and I could very easily state the same things too. I have some empathy for Rowling, I think saying she's a terrible person was just as much of a hyperbole as a certain REEEEEEject here saying I'm a disgusting person for disagreeing with her is, but I think her opinions are worth critizicing and I couldn't care less if you still agree with her or not anyways.

Saber

Gold Member
Skill Up’s repeatedly mentioned the game on his weekly games news round up.

Yeah, I have my doubts the guy would do something like that. He is probably taking its time with the game, playing as much as he can before doing the review.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

To be honest I did change my mind a bit since that post, I admit I was a bit wrong about her, but if nobody is willing to quote her and nobody is willing to proove she's NOT against trans people when there's more proof that's the case like supporting and defending actual transphobes under the guise of feminism, (Her being kind isn't proof), then what reason do I have to? If I quoted something I would be accussed of cherrypicking/misinterpreting her words, and if I had a source that wasn't Rowling herself or her supporters you guys would call it biased and I could very easily state the same things too. I have some empathy for Rowling, I think saying she's a terrible person was just as much of a hyperbole as a certain REEEEEEject here saying I'm a disgusting person for disagreeing with her is, but I think her opinions are worth critizicing and I couldn't care less if you still agree with her or not anyways.

I can provide you with multiple articles that state Rowling has not used transphobic language. The New York Times article, for instance. What I can't do... and neither can you I don't think, is provide any evidence that she has actually said anything transphobic. Again.... do link to it, if you have it.

I won't accuse you of cherry picking or misinterpreting, if you genuinely provide me with an example of Rowling using hateful language towards trans people, I will accept it.

In the meantime, I'd invite you to read this article by Stephen Knight, in which he explicitly quotes every single one of JK Rowling's words, that have been misinterpreted by bad faith actors as being transphobic:

https://sknight.substack.com/p/the-human-rights-campaign-is-lying

Last edited:
I can provide you with multiple articles that state Rowling has not used transphobic language. The New York Times article, for instance. What I can't do... and neither can you I don't think, is provide any evidence that she has actually said anything transphobic. Again.... do link to it, if you have it.

I won't accuse you of cherry picking or misinterpreting, if you genuinely provide me with an example of Rowling using hateful language towards trans people, I will accept it.

In the meantime, I'd invite you to read this article by Stephen Knight, in which he explicitly quotes every single one of JK Rowling's words, that have been misinterpreted by bad faith actors as being transphobic:

https://sknight.substack.com/p/the-human-rights-campaign-is-lying
The times article only seems to say "Rowling is hated for wanting exclusive spaces for ciswomen" which like I said, "ciswomen only" spaces can be a form of discrimination because it denies their identity, trans women have an unfair advantage over sporting events, trans people are definitely victims of harrasment and shouldn't be denied help based on biological sex, and just because a minority may commit a crime, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed rights. The article only says "Rowling is harrased for her opinions" which is really obvious and something I'm against, I think opinions should be critiziced but people shouldn't be harrasmed based on opinions, but I don't think the nytimes article provides irrefutable proof beyond... "she's probably not transphobic because she's nice to trans people"

Knight seems like a big douche, butit doesn't seem he's in favor of trans people.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The times article only seems to say "Rowling is hated for wanting exclusive spaces for ciswomen" which like I said, "ciswomen only" spaces can be a form of discrimination because it denies their identity, trans women have an unfair advantage over sporting events, trans people are definitely victims of harrasment and shouldn't be denied help based on biological sex, and just because a minority may commit a crime, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed rights. The article only says "Rowling is harrased for her opinions" which is really obvious and something I'm against, I think opinions should be critiziced but people shouldn't be harrasmed based on opinions, but I don't think the nytimes article provides irrefutable proof beyond... "she's probably not transphobic because she's nice to trans people"

Knight seems like a big douche, butit doesn't seem he's in favor of trans people.

No one is denying them rights. No one is denying them help. The only thing being stated is that there should be safe spaces for cis-women only ALONGSIDE ones for Trans individuals and ones for trans and women combined. This seems to be unable to get through your thick skull.

Cyberpunkd

I'd get the complaint, but they just dress like any other woman these days, implying women get raped or sexually assaulted JUST for wearing tight clothes or skirts is dumb. Rapists rape because their mothers didn't teach them how to treat women, regardless of gender or sex.
That is not what I was saying, but the fact that growing up as a biological woman is something unique, identifying as a woman will not suddenly make you have the same experience.

do you know what 'disingenuous' means?...

if you're going to accuse someone of something, it's not up to that person, or anyone allied with that person, to explain why they're not guilty of what you're accusing them of. it's solely up to you, the accuser, to prove that they are. it's something called 'innocent until proven guilty'...

you've got 'proof' she's supporting & defending 'transphobes'? don't just refer to it, share it!...

do you really want to live in a world where you wake up tomorrow & find yourself accused of something, & then be told that it's up to you to prove you're not? would you really be okay with that?...

FunkMiller

Oh dear. You’re reverting to type.

Still zero evidence from you about her clear ‘transphobia’ and you’re only response to Knight’s accurate article is to call him a big douche, and basically intimate he is also transphobic.

Do you ever think about what it is you’re actually saying about all of this? Why do you have to drop into ad hominem insults? Surely you have the evidence you need to back up your position that Rowling is indeed a transphobe.

Please. Again… you show evidence and I’ll accept it. Go ahead…

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
but if nobody is willing to quote her and nobody is willing to proove she's NOT against trans people when there's more proof that's the case like supporting and defending actual transphobes under the guise of feminism, (Her being kind isn't proof), then what reason do I have to?

First, the burden of proof is upon the accuser.

Second, it takes fives seconds to search and locate news articles scrutinizing Rowling's tweets and quotes on this topic:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I see nothing transphobic in any of this. Stating that biological sex is a thing, suggesting that spaces dedicated for biological women should remain that way, pointing out that some people who have transitioned later regretted it, referencing actual science detailing the dangers of cross-sex hormone treatment - these things may be challenging to some, but none of it rises to the level of dislike or prejudice, which is what transphobia is.

I'm an "ally" as far as I am concerned. I trust the doctors and other medical and mental health professionals regarding the validity of transgenderism and the benefits of treatment for gender dysphoria. And I see nothing wrong with what Rowling has said or written.

Edit: oops, meant this as a reply

Edit 2: I have no idea why that preview is showing a different article 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

RafterXL

Ralph’s banned on Reeee for stuff he’s said.
So? Tons of people have been banned at Ree, that doesn't make them any better, and certainly doesn't excuse them from criticism. His "I don't have time" is just his attempt to not piss anyone off and ride this thing out without getting canceled by either side. It's 100% cowardice.

When your job is report on video games and you completely ignore the biggest game of the year, what else do you call it?

And we aren't talking about everybody, we're talking about people whose PROFESSION is reviewing video games. Go look at the SkillUp YouTube channel, see all the shit he covers, big and small, and then come up with a logical reason why a game that is outselling Elden Ring is nowhere to be found. You know why. You know, I know it, everybody knows it.

FunkMiller

So? Tons of people have been banned at Ree, that doesn't make them any better, and certainly doesn't excuse them from criticism. His "I don't have time" is just his attempt to not piss anyone off and ride this thing out without getting canceled by either side. It's 100% cowardice.

When your job is report on video games and you completely ignore the biggest game of the year, what else do you call it?

And we aren't talking about everybody, we're talking about people whose PROFESSION is reviewing video games. Go look at the SkillUp YouTube channel, see all the shit he covers, big and small, and then come up with a logical reason why a game that is outselling Elden Ring is nowhere to be found. You know why. You know, I know it, everybody knows it.

He hasn’t ignored it at all. It’s been on his weekly show, front and centre. Not everyone is a coward for not playing it, just like people aren’t transphobes for playing it.

Jesus people. Learn about nuance 🙄

RafterXL

He hasn’t ignored it at all. It’s been on his weekly show, front and centre. Not everyone is a coward for not playing it, just like people aren’t transphobes for playing it.

Jesus people. Learn about nuance 🙄
Nuance?

Where is this "front and center"? It's not on his YouTube, his Pateron, his Twitter, his Podcast, his podcasts Twitter, his YouTube shorts, his Instagram, his Reddit, so where EXACTLY has Hogwart's Legacy been front and center on his multitude of channels?

It 100% hasn't.

If you Google Skill Up and Hogwart's it only lists his comment that he wouldn't be reviewing it and a video from March of last year where he previews it.

So where? Or are you legitimately claiming a 30 second piece in his last This Week in Video Games about Hogwart's sales numbers, in a 30 minute video, is 'front and center"?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
After what happens to GF reviews I don’t blame anyone for not covering the game. There are a lot of people with nothing but time on their hands willing to use it all to make your life miserable. Why risk it? Hell the game is past the news cycle now, not going be making that 1st day numbers, what’s the point in bringing on all that trouble.

Top Bottom