• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WIRED has given Hogwarts Legacy a 1/10 review score

After what happens to GF reviews I don’t blame anyone for not covering the game. There are a lot of people with nothing but time on their hands willing to use it all to make your life miserable. Why risk it? Hell the game is past the news cycle now, not going be making that 1st day numbers, what’s the point in bringing on all that trouble.

From what I gathered on here that youtube channel caters to the woke. That is their core audience. If the woke is not your core audience, you don't need to cater to them and bend the knee. I said a few posts back that Nintendo, Chapelle, and Rowling did not bend the knee to the woke, they didn't apologize, they didn't grovel and beg forgiveness for whatever slight the woke felt offended by. There were targeted campaigns to cancel them, they brushed it off and came out stronger.

mrobbo

Neo Member
Nuance?

Where is this "front and center"? It's not on his YouTube, his Pateron, his Twitter, his Podcast, his podcasts Twitter, his YouTube shorts, his Instagram, his Reddit, so where EXACTLY has Hogwart's Legacy been front and center on his multitude of channels?

It 100% hasn't.

If you Google Skill Up and Hogwart's it only lists his comment that he wouldn't be reviewing it and a video from March of last year where he previews it.

So where? Or are you legitimately claiming a 30 second piece in his last This Week in Video Games about Hogwart's sales numbers, in a 30 minute video, is 'front and center"?
He flat out said because he wasn't sent a review code, he won't be reviewing it because he has no time!! I call bs. I hope he sticks to his morals and refuses to review any game that he has to pay for.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
From what I gathered on here that youtube channel caters to the woke. That is their core audience. If the woke is not your core audience, you don't need to cater to them and bend the knee. I said a few posts back that Nintendo, Chapelle, and Rowling did not bend the knee to the woke, they didn't apologize, they didn't grovel and beg forgiveness for whatever slight the woke felt offended by. There were targeted campaigns to cancel them, they brushed it off and came out stronger.

More power to them, I have seen smaller channels deal with targeted harassment, they contact sponsors, file false claimes and do much more. Can’t blame anyone that does YT as a job for keeping cautious about it. Especially if they didn’t get a review copy and would be out of the money cycle. Why put a target on your back when you won’t even been making the day one clicks?

Hey it’s sucks, shouldn’t be like that but that’s YouTube. They don’t proctect their creators.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
He flat out said because he wasn't sent a review code, he won't be reviewing it because he has no time!! I call bs. I hope he sticks to his morals and refuses to review any game that he has to pay for.

Meanwhile Karak of ACG actively goes out and buys all the things he reviews. Because he has fucking integrity.

I'm in a hurry and don't have time to read through the thread right now, but just quickly wondering if there is anyone here defending wired? Personally I don't think I've ever read anything from them, and after this I know I never will in the future.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm in a hurry and don't have time to read through the thread right now, but just quickly wondering if there is anyone here defending wired? Personally I don't think I've ever read anything from them, and after this I know I never will in the future.

A few mental rejects are, but they were quickly called out and mocked.

oji-san

Banned
Almost none.

DeathGuise

If trans people weren't persecuted (This counts bullying and prejudice) then suicide rates wouldn't be so high, not allowing them to exist in front of kids is like saying gay or black people shouldn't be allowed near kids because they might rape them.
That's a non-sequitur. People use the opposite argument when asked why there are more people now than ever before who identify as trans- the answer is people are more tolerant of it, not less. This isn't an issue of trans people being persecuted. It's an issue of people in general being gigantic pussies who won't shut the fuck up and just live their lives. They need everyone on the planet to applaud and worship them and when they don't get that, they fall into despair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom