• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you end buying the new Series X Refresh ?

Will you buy the newly designed Series X ?

• Yes

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 417 86.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 6.4%

• Total voters

welshrat

I actually sold my Series X a few months ago. Simply do not play it compared to my PS5, and any exclusives I just grab on PC
Same here. Won't be trying again. Pretty much done now with Xbox as a brand. Tried three of the last few gens. Always the same result, sold after 6 months. Will keep game pass on pc for the time being but even that is wearing thin.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The new leaked Xbox Series X is technically unimpressive relative to a high-end PC, but it does have double the internal storage, is adorably all digital, and includes a splendid newly designed controller.

But will that be enough to make you take the plunge come holiday 2024?
Or will you simply skip over Microsoft's mid gen refresh?

xbox-xbox-series-x.gif
Cannot wait until Haptics feedback becomes a feature certain fans finally acknowledge ;).

The new leaked Xbox Series X is technically unimpressive relative to a high-end PC, but it does have double the internal storage, is adorably all digital, and includes a splendid newly designed controller.

But will that be enough to make you take the plunge come holiday 2024?
Or will you simply skip over Microsoft's mid gen refresh?

xbox-xbox-series-x.gif

As long as it's adorably digital with no disc drive, I will adorably not buy it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I'll have to buy a Series this year for Hellblade and Indiana Jones

Dont know how i'll do it tho
Buy a pc instead.

There’s legit no reason to own a Xbox. Even the voting poll here is insanely skewed that no one in their right mind would want a Xbox anymore. Phil made sure of that.

Enjoy gamepass on pc with all the same day one titles as the box , but with infinitely better visuals and performance.

I won’t be purchasing refreshes from Sony or MSoft. The Series X is still a good system and even though I hate how ridiculous it looks, so is the phat PS5. I’m good with both lasting a while. Playtime has been mixed in both. I finish one game on X and then move to the PS5, and alternate.

Just good ol switch, and that’s mainly for my kid.

Reactions: Isa

yurinka

Same as with any other Xbox console: no.

In the case of a potential PS5 Pro, I won't buy it either. I waited to get a PS5 Slim due to the 1TB SSD, and won't need a Pro because I still don't have a 4K tv.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

if they ever release this bomba, it will be the death of xbox. unless its:

1- have the ability to buy external disk drive to be connected via USB C port or something
2- much cheaper.

Otherwise. it's going to be the complete death of the console.

Xbox Series X. with its all awesomeness., is struggling as its. making it worse is not helping.

Fuck I have the Halo infinite edition sealed still and I am just tempted to just fuck it and sell it.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
At this point, I don’t think I’m going to buy another dedicated console besides the Switch 2 ever again. Cloud gaming with game pass is enough for me.

Isa

If it was a Pro/X leap then sure probably. Right now based on that leak then no, I want the ability to play discs. Most of my library is digital but I do have a decent library of games for the generations of Xbox but mainly my girl and I use it to watch movies and anime. Actually tempted to get another Series X for backup in case production drops off and prices rise. Next gen? Probably PC and Switcheroo.

MarkMe2525

At this point, I don’t think I’m going to buy another dedicated console besides the Switch 2 ever again. Cloud gaming with game pass is enough for me.
I still have not felt compelled to go back to flat gaming after getting my Quest 3. I was lucky enough to receive nearly $550 in store credit through referrals, and have too many games and experiences to get through.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I still have not felt compelled to go back to flat gaming after getting my Quest 3. I was lucky enough to receive nearly $550 in store credit through referrals, and have too many games and experiences to get through.
I played Palworld in my Quest 3 (Xbox game pass app), while in passthrough video mode and had the playoffs on tv. It was great. I was able to see and play with the kids too. I rigged a USB cord into my couch so I can sit on my couch, stay plugged in a keep playing.

Methos#1975

I have no issue with a digital only Xbox but since it offers no advantages over the XSX probably not. Really depends on if it has any benefit at all like maybe the ability to use a OEM SSD

MarkMe2525

I played Palworld in my Quest 3 (Xbox game pass app), while in passthrough video mode and had the playoffs on tv. It was great. I was able to see and play with the kids too. I rigged a USB cord into my couch so I can sit on my couch, stay plugged in a keep playing.

You are misrepresenting the situation. Being plugged in while consuming a seated experience does not dismiss the advantage of untethered roomscale experiences, but you know this.

Three

You are misrepresenting the situation. Being plugged in while consuming a seated experience does not dismiss the advantage of untethered roomscale experiences, but you know this.
The battery life is absolutely terrible at 2 hours. Then not surprisingly the exact same person would complain that a certain manufacturers battery life sucks ass because it isn't enough when playing. Sometimes it's best to just apply Occam's razor.

MarkMe2525

The battery life is absolutely terrible at 2 hours. Then not surprisingly the exact same person would complain that a certain manufacturers battery life sucks ass because it isn't enough when playing. Sometimes it's best to just apply Occam's razor.
I am failing to see the application of Occam's Razor. Can you elaborate?

I fear I may be putting words into your mouth, but if we ignore the myriad of additional accessories that extend the headsets battery life (at additional costs), are you suggesting that because the headset cannot go longer than 2 hours (out of the box) that a wired solution is the better approach? Again, please correct me if I am reading you wrong.

TheShocker

No. Seems like it’s the equivalent to the PS5 slim. Better power consumption and no performance increase. Massive pass unless it ends up being a “pro” model. I’m waiting to see how the new 40x series super cards stack up and am switching to PC by this summer.

demigod

I am failing to see the application of Occam's Razor. Can you elaborate?

I fear I may be putting words into your mouth, but if we ignore the myriad of additional accessories that extend the headsets battery life (at additional costs), are you suggesting that because the headset cannot go longer than 2 hours (out of the box) that a wired solution is the better approach? Again, please correct me if I am reading you wrong.
Don’t hurt your brain now.

simpatico

My 15 y/o son is content with his S. 🤷‍♂️

I suggested an X for Christmas or Bday and he had no interest. I guess Madden, Siege and Fortnite are good enough on the S

Top Bottom