• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Square Enix make a Forspoken 2?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
As for WOKE - it's so stupid. The game is not SBI and I still see it on the lists of sbi games. It's not.
It's a normal cringe Japanese game translated to English. It's no more/less cringe than any recent final fantasy to be honest.
People say it's woke because you play as black girl. Every boss is also an "evil woman" but nobody would know that without playing. It's just Square trying to hit usa sensibilities ... kinda barely just ok. Nothing woke about the game
They claimed they brought in BIPOC consultants to make sure Frey was portrayed “authentically” whatever that means. That doesn’t sound like a typical Japanese game writing process to me.

And shame on you for trying to downplay the cringe for stuff like this:

There’s plenty of cringe in JRPGs but this is a new level

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
They claimed they brought in BIPOC consultants to make sure Frey was portrayed “authentically” whatever that means. That doesn’t sound like a typical Japanese game writing process to me.

again. it's dialogue from first 15 minutes of the game, it's not that bad and it's meant to be a start of a character arc.
All that aside - she is a teen/young adult homeless new yorker. Of course she will say that

Fbh

images

Games that bomb so badly they kill their dev don't usually get sequels.

Go_Ly_Dow

Lol definitely not. It's the same as asking will Ubisoft make Skull and Bones 2 or Rocksteady make another Suicide Squad game.

No one is going commit any money behind a flop when dev costs are so high and increasing.

I never played Forspoken and don't have any interest in it but at the very least it seems some of the patches addressed some of the visual and performance complaints along with some gamplay stuff from memory.

Last edited:

Fabieter

This is above average hollywood level and alot of stuff gets sequels there.

There's a dog on a highway where it leads to my workplace, where every single day it chases cars and gets hit sometimes, and does it time and again, causing a nuisance to the daily commuters.

The local authorities heard this and sent in the animal control service, trained and sterilized the dog.

That ugly putrid motherfucker, still has a higher chance of knocking up another bitch, than Square Enix shitting out a Forspoken sequel...

Top Bottom