• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Square Enix make a Forspoken 2?

Moses85

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Didn't they shut down the team behind the first one?
Yeah, Luminous Productions got merged with the Dragon Quest team, Tabata is gone(no idea what Aramaki is working on these days), the engine is gone. Square would have to be masochists with a raging hardon for going way the fuck out of their way and then somehow smash their faces on a bunch of keyboards until they accidentally make the game for us to see news of a sequel.

Which they will promptly cancel when the sober up.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It’s one of my favs last year. The game got something in it. Great combat, music, graphics and traversal. I liked the characters too.
But no. It won’t get a sequel. Of course not lol

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I usually sideye Square-Enix execs, but their decision with Forspoken was probably for the better.
After its release, sales and reviews there was pretty much only one decision to be made.

05936e9fa26efd864dcf55ea7f62b0f503a225fc.gifv

Dazraell

Studio responsible for this game was closed following Forspoken's performance. Not a chance this IP will be continued in the near future

SkylineRKR

No, there is not a chance. The game underperformed. Still, I liked it from a technical standpoint, it was better than UE4 shite. After some updates it looked very good, and the 40fps mode feels far better than FFXVI and FFVII do in their graphics modes.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Bought it on sale for 20 bucks and it was okay. Not the trainwreck that GAF paints it as, but not very good either. The gameplay is its strongest suit. Traversal and combat is really fun, especially when you have acquired all powers. The graphics are nice and the world building is pretty cool. Very unique design on some of the areas. However, the story and characters are pretty mediocre and the writing and dialogue is borderline cringe. Frey is probably one of the most unsympathetic characters I've seen in a videogame in a long time, she is incredibly obnoxious and difficult to relate to. I get what the writers were trying to achieve with her, she was abandoned by her parents and had a rough upbringing, but if you're gonna write an anti hero you better have the skills to back it up, and it's clear those involved in Freys creation don't have it. The game also evolve to a boring Ubisoft checklist game, where you just zip around the map to different points of interest in order to clear it, and it sucks out all the fun in the end.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Studio responsible for this game was closed following Forspoken's performance. Not a chance this IP will be continued in the near future
They were never closed.
They are still part of Square-Enix......reabsorbed might be a better phrase considering the team was just given its own name that name has been stripped from them.
Unlikely to ever be allowed to make their own game.......for now

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Just imagine if they made a crossover of Forspoken and LotR: Gollum, combining the 2 least desirable protagonists of the generation. Make it happen!

Dazraell

They were never closed.
They are still part of Square-Enix......reabsorbed might be a better phrase considering the team was just given its own name that name has been stripped from them.
I mean, Luminous Productions doesn't exist anymore. If I remember correctly, the studio as an entity was closed and staff members were moved to other Square Enix departments. Not every studio closure has to equal layoffs

RoboFu

One of the green rats
P
They were never closed.
that means the studio was closed 🤣

After that game I doubt they are even allowed to make the coffee.

They will make a new Parasite Eve, before ever making a Forspoken 2.
And considering SE will never a make a new Parasite Eve game, that tells you enough about Forespoken 2.

Last edited:

Markio128

It’s one game I’ve played where there is no happy medium in terms of performance. Maybe SE can improve the original first before considering a sequel, perhaps via a PS5 Pro update.

The gameplay itself has the potential to be fun.

Top Bottom