• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii countdown clocks being sent to stores on August 14th?

jko

http://wii.qj.net/Memo-Hints-the-Wii-Release-Date-Will-Be-Announced-Soon/pg/49/aid/61658
c89ff38914127c76d1447ac4dc0e3a40.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Whats the bet it says "Haha Wait some more you Fools" Damn Nintendo teases :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm assuming this is the US? I sure hope the same thing shows up in JP stores.

Trurl

Banned
Countdown clocks? Sounds kind of strange to me. I suddenly have a feeling that Iwata is concocting a James Bond-esque plan to destroy half the world once the Wii clock strikes zero.

Jonnyram

Spencerr said:
:lol Did Liverpool tip you off?
No, I'm from Leeds :p

It says they will be contacted on the 14th to arrange the install, not that the clocks will be there on the 14th.
Exactly. Besides, aren't we supposed to hear about the release date at the Leipzing thing next week? Maybe the countdown clocks will be fitted soon after that.

Beezy

Trurl said:
Countdown clocks? Sounds kind of strange to me. I suddenly have a feeling that Iwata is concocting a James Bond-esque plan to destroy half the world once the Wii clock strikes zero.

That's okay as long as it's only the southern hemisphere.

Trurl said:

That's more of a Kutaragi thing, don't you think?

Mr Toast

Think of a nice round number, give or take 100, and thats probably the number of days to Wii launch from August 14.

100 days gives me ... Wednesday 22nd of November (14 weeks, 2 days)

Mr Toast said:
Think of a nice round number, give or take 100, and thats probably the number of days to Wii launch from August 14.

Do you know how the phrase "give or take" is used?

AniHawk

Mr Toast said:

Maybe they'll announce a new game each day until E3!

NiGHTS
Kirby Wii
Pilotwings Wii
Star Fox Wii

What else could there be??

Mr Toast said:

I think its fake. Surely if anything was gonna go out about Wii, it’d happen in Japan firstly. As it’d get released there first.
Also, don’t Emails have a “Sent from” on, and why would it show the BCC on an email? Isn’t the whole point of BCC the fact that you don’t want to show who its gone to?
And a big thing, the mail has the date in American style, yet its to British or should be said, ENGLISH stores.
Edit:
Also if this is from Nintendo, which I’d guess it must be, haven’t Nintendo stated time and again its just Wii this time, Not Nintendo Wii or any other combination of words.

Spencerr

Banned
DefectiveReject said:
I think its fake. Surely if anything was gonna go out about Wii, it’d happen in Japan firstly. As it’d get released there first.
Also, don’t Emails have a “Sent from” on, and why would it show the BCC on an email? Isn’t the whole point of BCC the fact that you don’t want to show who its gone to?
And a big thing, the mail has the date in American style, yet its to British or should be said, ENGLISH stores.
Edit:
Also if this is from Nintendo, which I’d guess it must be, haven’t Nintendo stated time and again its just Wii this time, Not Nintendo Wii or any other combination of words.

You take your logic and giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit out

Thomper

And if it might be real, it might be counting down to the date from which pre-orders are accepted. Or the date that the date will be announced.

Endless possibilities.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
oh snapples GAF, I have heard something from my side world about Wii date for tomorrow too.

zou

DefectiveReject said:

1) The BCC-field is empty
2) If a bcc copy of an email is sent to you, you'r adress will show up

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Bluewater is the name of a large shopping mall thingy in the UK.

what are the blobs blocking out? looks like numbers

it says the following STORES, so i suspect this is specific to Virgin stores as it mentions the Megastore first, where as the one in Liverpool... well, i know there is one, not sure it's called a megastore...

but anyways.

DefectiveReject said:
the mail has the date in American style, yet its to British or should be said, ENGLISH stores.

???

The note was sent November 8, it's from the future obviously. I mean, seriously.

zou said:
1) The BCC-field is empty
2) If a bcc copy of an email is sent to you, you'r adress will show up

The BCC field doesn't show on an email though...NO? even if it is to you
Does on my work email (Outlook 2003)

Anyway. When did the DS date get announced? Wasn’t it at this time of the year in 2004? Or was that just the re-designed DS that was announced at this time?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
shaft said:
It seems like this in UK (Europe). looking at the cities.

Oh duh. I just skimmed it. The "King's Road" should've tipped me off.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Why would there only be 10 stores in the UK recieving these clocks, thats the worst marketing plan ever.

Looks fake to me.

Jonnyram

Ghost said:
Why would there only be 10 stores in the UK recieving these clocks, thats the worst marketing plan ever.

Looks fake to me.
This is just for Virgin Megastores.
They'll probably put some in other chains too.

thefro

Would someone's corporate title actually be "Head of Games"? With no contact info at all listed below the name? :lol

And generally when I receive an e-mail, there's a "from" field. Unless "Head of Games" is the one leaking this.

Pure BS.

Ah yes, these clocks... Nintendo have an obsession with clocks. Saw a DS Lite one still up recently.

The email seems to say that Nintendo will contact them about the clocks, not that Nintendo will install them on the 14th... uh, today.

Jonnyram

sp0rsk said:
So, there's actually the possibility of a Wii date announcement tomorrow?
Surely not this week, with Japan on Obonyasumi. You'd expect this kind of announcement to come from HQ.

thefro said:
Would someone's corporate title actually be "Head of Games"? With no contact info at all listed below the name? :lol
Like I said, it's from the future. In the future the English government institutes a Ministry of Video Games. The ruthless despot who presides over all video game entertainment in the UK is known as the Head of Games.

Top Bottom