• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why gamers complain about their games being taken away |OT| Censorship Controversy Central

cm osi

they obviously changed all the lines where Vincent hints that erica is trans. which is eh, whatever. what i want to know iis if the game went under sony axe with raylights and bodypaint

I'd be surprised if Atlus USA cut
an entire ending
, just because a vocal minority of people getting outraged couldn't be bothered to read, and took someone spreading propaganda at face value.

Considering the remake is only on PS4 at the moment, I don't really have plans on getting it, but if they actually alter things to cater to an insanely small group of purple hair dye wearing fools, I'm not going to support the game, even if it got ported to Xbox or PC.

God forbid if these people actually got outraged at third-world countries that demeaned women, we'd be getting somewhere, but people are still debating whether or not censoring art is really censorship, and only bringing up the "Games are art" argument whenever they want to shove propaganda or poorly written political writing down people's throats without any backlash.

I take the IGN article on Catherine as early warning some dialogue has, in fact, been tweaked in an attempt to make the game more palatable to certain audiences. I also imagine those same audiences will still complain, after the game has been released.

Unless ATLUS USA makes an effort to show they aren't purposefully twisting some of the game's text in hopes of avoiding offense, then I'm probably no longer a potential customer for their product.

For now, what's confirmed is:
  • Resetera isn't very credible. Back when they were neogaf, they were banning people well into the Tomodachi Collection controversy who were pointing out that the "gay marriage that got cut from localization" not only was unconfirmed (as the game was still not out) but didn't even exist in any version as a legitimate feature (closest thing is a bug with the save import feature from a Japan only DS game that corrupts the save almost immediately after and would be offensive on its own because pregnant men, considering they went after Bill Trinnen for suggesting crossdressing is still an option) So they historically have been proven to promote any falsehoods meant to get the controversy to continue until the product is pulled and someone is fired.
  • The IGN game journalists only played the first two hours of the game, certainly not enough to get to the potentially compromised parts. It's still possible that the cuts took place indeed and Atlus USA communicated that to IGN. IGN alleges story content and the credits involving Eric/Erica were rewritten.
  • Almost everyone celebrating the censorship on resetera and twitter is making sure to note they still won't buy the game. It's directed by the archdemon Katsura Hashino, and Atlus still haven't fired him, after all. They do make sure to note they're happy the "censorship obsessed fanboys" or "weaboos" or the "dumb fanbase" is pissed off with the changes.
  • The last point implies this censorship, if actually done, wasn't to address consumer changes but to appease the game's hatedom who has an axe to grind not only with Atlus (as early as Persona 3, 4 and the existence of Tokyo Mirage Sessions) but their European distributors (THQ, Koch Media) and act accordingly to attack their games in any ways they can find. I think Atlus of Japan would be very interested in hearing out direct fan feedback about the matter.
  • Sony might have been involved just like with Persona 5 Royal's content cuts already noticeable from the reveal trailers.
Niche Gamer will be looking at this, and that would be journalism instead of the usual activism to make the stories happen as opposed to covering them, that IGN, Polygon and Kotaku engage in.

Last edited:
They do make sure to note they're happy the "censorship obsessed fanboys" or "weaboos" or the "dumb fanbase" is pissed off with the changes.
Personally, I always cheer when a game I'm not interested in is ruined for those who are interested in it because I have a major hate boner for them. That's how I know I am better than them. Ruining their fun makes me feel powerful and important. Also, I like to watch my girlfriend have sex with other men because I don't feel worthy of her love, and withstanding the shame of that betrayal makes me feel like I finally have the control that she won't let me have otherwise.

Senhua

All IGN said is this:

There is no confirmation on Atlus USA being dumb yet.
Censorship is censorship no matter how ridiculous the content are.
That statement mean english ver of the game will not retain the original intent of what JP version had (about that character).

Reactions: Isa

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
D7S6ZeaWkAAaGRq

Take it for what you wish, but I see this as confirmation.

Pot Meet Kettle Pot Meet Kettle can you confirm or deny this further?

petran79

Banned
I fear that even if they released Catherine FB on PC and altered the contents with fanmade mods and patches, they'd even go after them,labelling them as transphobic.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Summary
  • SAO Aliciziation Lycoris will have certain scenes toned down because of the "current times".
  • Atlus modified some of the content around in Catherine Full Body to appease the SJW's.
  • Microsoft has hired a team called "Defenders of Joy" to regulate "hate speech", "bigotry", and "misogyny".

• Microsoft has hired a team called "Defenders of Joy" to regulate "hate speech", "bigotry", and "misogyny".
Ever notice how the things that have really super duper over the top names tend to do the exact opposite? Like, the Patriot Act eroded the very foundations of our country's constitution. Or how the Defense of Marriage act meant that fewer people could actually get married. I have to assume that if your team is called "Defenders of Joy", your entire mission is to seek out and destroy all forms of joy.

brap

Banned

Summary
  • SAO Aliciziation Lycoris will have certain scenes toned down because of the "current times".
  • Atlus modified some of the content around in Catherine Full Body to appease the SJW's.

They're right. This stuff is made for japanese people not a bunch of manbabies and womanchildren from america. It's really pathetic how these people act. The good big brain Americans gotta show these uncultured savage minorities what they can and can't do.
It reminds me of 8-4 play or whatever that went on a Giant Bomb E3 after show and mentioned that Japan is 'behind the times' and will take a couple of years to 'catch up' to how america is. Sickening stuff.

Last edited:

K1Expwy

Remember how XBone's always online fight was a lost cause?
Always-online affected everyone that was interested in Xbone. The number of fans that are interested in or even know about the games commonly targeted for censorship, isn't as great.
And the Xbone fiasco isn't exactly a recent event. That took place in the earlier days of social media backlash, and I've seen more recent attempts to stifle other 'unapproved' user-generated, grass roots etc. online protests.
I wish I was more optimistic. But the way Sony are specifically, unashamedly targeting JP games, and SIE and gaming news media are barely saying a word about it in public, is a lot more sophisticated than the always-online, Adam Orth blowup.

Last edited:
Always-online affected everyone that was interested in Xbone. The number of fans that are interested in or even know about the games commonly targeted for censorship, isn't as great.
And the Xbone fiasco isn't exactly a recent event. That took place in the earlier days of social media backlash, and I've seen more recent attempts to stifle other 'unapproved' user-generated, grass roots etc. online protests.
I wish I was more optimistic. But the way Sony are specifically, unashamedly targeting JP games, and SIE and gaming news media are barely saying a word about it in public, is a lot more sophisticated than the always-online, Adam Orth blowup.
Yeah, one of the reasons why the always-online controversy blew up was due to the soundbites Microsoft offered, e.g. Adam Orth's "Deal with it" and Don Mattrick "There's an Xbox console you play offline. It's called the 360".

Isa

You bow to people's demands from purple forum and then they yet didn't buy your game. That's what you get for being such a dumbass Atlus USA.

Exactly, and unfortunately I'm torn on whether to get both Catherine Full Body and Persona5 Royal. On one hand I love the idea and supporting the original devs and pubs but greatly dislike supporting people that want to twist the work of others. I don't want to pay for someone else's bad fan-fic. Right now I'm heavily leaning towards ignoring them completely until the comparisons are out. I can also just go through base P5 and am gonna start up SMTIV soon.

Microsoft has hired a team called "Defenders of Joy" to regulate "hate speech", "bigotry", and "misogyny".
What an interesting name.

Somehow this quote implies it's more than about fighting online chat abuse...

This widespread embrace of gaming and its global communities have turned video games into the world’s leading cultural industry, bigger than movies or music. But it also comes at a time when digital life includes a growing toxic stew of hate speech, bigotry and misogyny.

No different from rock and roll, books and TV before them, video games are often dismissed or maligned as frivolous, fraught with violence or filled exclusively with hate-mongering. But gaming is uniquely designed for equality. We don’t just walk in someone’s shoes – we stand on equal footing, regardless of age, education, socioeconomics, race, religion, politics, gender, orientation, ethnicity, nationality, or ability. Gaming doesn’t just bring stereotype-defying gamers together; it unites us through our universal language of fun and answers our human need to play.

Arguing against violent games? Check.
Arguing against games without character generators or enough representation (according to a very long standard detailed the very next sentence)? Check.

Microsoft's policies towards the more niche game developers were never helpful (the minimal print run unrealistic for smaller games) and somehow I get the feeling they're not really trying to help that by much.

Arguing against violent games? Check.
Arguing against games without character generators or enough representation (according to a very long standard detailed the very next sentence)? Check.

It's rather ironic since Sony has been mostly making walking simulators with shooting gallery elements, and Microsoft with shooters. Same for these franchises usually having tough white dudes as protagonists.

This just seems like empty virtue signalling on their part. Claiming there's an "issue", but not actually doing anything about it.

Almost everyone celebrating the censorship on resetera and twitter is making sure to note they still won't buy the game. It's directed by the archdemon Katsura Hashino, and Atlus still haven't fired him, after all. They do make sure to note they're happy the "censorship obsessed fanboys" or "weaboos" or the "dumb fanbase" is pissed off with the changes.

What assholes these people are, good grief.

Senhua

It's rather ironic since Sony has been mostly making walking simulators with shooting gallery elements, and Microsoft with shooters. Same for these franchises usually having tough white dudes as protagonists.

This just seems like empty virtue signalling on their part. Claiming there's an "issue", but not actually doing anything about it.

• LOL
The Producer of Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris is giving us a heads up and tells us to ignore his game. He says that we "shouldn't expect too much" when it comes to the co-sleeping events, a staple in this franchise, adding that stuff might prove "difficult in the current times".

Administrator is also going to be fully clothed (for those unfamiliar, she is completely naked in the show with only her hair covering her tits). This had to be done to avoid a CERO D rating (17+) in japan.
Sexual content will likely be reduced. Asked by Dengeki about co-spleeping events - a tradition in the series - the producer said it might be "difficult in the current times" and that players "shouldn't expect too much about it".

In the TV show the character called Administrator is an entirely naked woman, but we've already seen in the trailer that she will wear clothes. Futami says that he is aware that people will be surprised by this, but the decision was made in order to avoid a CERO D rating in Japan (recommended for 17 year olds and up). He points out that BandaiNamco wouldn't accept an SAO game rated D, which makes sense since every game in the series so far has been rated CERO C or less. Finally, he promised further information for August, so we'll likely see more of the game at Gamescom.

Saruhashi

Banned
So, I asked before and I will ask again, how do we fight it, how do we fight back on such censorship? Is there a way to create a counter-culture that will kick those regressives outside of our hobby?

Realistically? The only thing you can do is stop buying new games and hope that many others will do the same. Then only start buying again when you see games that appeal to your own preferences.

I have been saying for years that if movies, games or anything else I am interested in were to change such that they are "not for me" then I'd drop them and just stick with my old stuff or find a new hobby.

The thing about indie projects and the like is that many of these groups of people will find a way to force platforms to not host your the games or, even worse, to force payment processors to ban the developers etc.

You can look at the recent trends with Youtube, Patreon and Paypal, where people are being denied the opportunity to make money from their created content, as a potential future for videogames.

There are strange individual examples like "Super Seducer" where an honestly inoffensive and pretty silly game was under fire because it attracted the attention of certain parties.

This is what happens, I think, when any activity or hobby or community is plagued by activists. At some point it's not worth trying.

Imagine you go to a local movie night once every two weeks. For years it's going fine, you go and watch a movie and have a laugh and a beer and talk about it with people who will eventually become friends. Then suddenly a few members start whining about the choices of movies. "Why is it always male leads". "Why do all the movies we watch only have 15% dialogue from female characters". "We should stop serving alcohol as people don't take the movies seriously when they've had a drink", "Some of the lads laughed at a racist joke in Movie X and it made us feel unsafe, we need a policy" "We need trigger warnings to be announced before the film starts".

Eventually, it's just "why the fuck am I attending this anymore".

Look at this shit: https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/9/18563382/ubisoft-ghost-recon-breakpoint-politics
The game is MONTHS from release and the whining is already starting. Maybe they think by starting early they are giving Ubisoft a chance to change it?
Same with the nonsense surrounding the Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC. The community is infested with activists and they aren't going anywhere.

I sympathize with people who are seeing beloved franchises or highly anticipated games becoming corrupted and changed by this bullshit but the only solution is to just walk away. If a company I give money to is changing their product to pander to people that I dislike then I'm just going to be on my way.

It seems like a lot of folks would be better off getting their hands on a few older generation consoles and playing the old games again.
Forget PS5 or the new Xbox or upgrading your PC and just don't bother with new games at all.

Sometimes the crazy old dude saying "back in my day things were better" is actually right. The best thing about gaming is that the stuff from "back in the day" is still out there, still awesome and there's thousands of hours worth.

Last edited:

Frizzie

Banned
Realistically? The only thing you can do is stop buying new games and hope that many others will do the same. Then only start buying again when you see games that appeal to your own preferences.

I have been saying for years that if movies, games or anything else I am interested in were to change such that they are "not for me" then I'd drop them and just stick with my old stuff or find a new hobby.

The thing about indie projects and the like is that many of these groups of people will find a way to force platforms to not host your the games or, even worse, to force payment processors to ban the developers etc.

You can look at the recent trends with Youtube, Patreon and Paypal, where people are being denied the opportunity to make money from their created content, as a potential future for videogames.

There are strange individual examples like "Super Seducer" where an honestly inoffensive and pretty silly game was under fire because it attracted the attention of certain parties.

This is what happens, I think, when any activity or hobby or community is plagued by activists. At some point it's not worth trying.

Imagine you go to a local movie night once every two weeks. For years it's going fine, you go and watch a movie and have a laugh and a beer and talk about it with people who will eventually become friends. Then suddenly a few members start whining about the choices of movies. "Why is it always male leads". "Why do all the movies we watch only have 15% dialogue from female characters". "We should stop serving alcohol as people don't take the movies seriously when they've had a drink", "Some of the lads laughed at a racist joke in Movie X and it made us feel unsafe, we need a policy" "We need trigger warnings to be announced before the film starts".

Eventually, it's just "why the fuck am I attending this anymore".

Look at this shit: https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/9/18563382/ubisoft-ghost-recon-breakpoint-politics
The game is MONTHS from release and the whining is already starting. Maybe they think by starting early they are giving Ubisoft a chance to change it?
Same with the nonsense surrounding the Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC. The community is infested with activists and they aren't going anywhere.

I sympathize with people who are seeing beloved franchises or highly anticipated games becoming corrupted and changed by this bullshit but the only solution is to just walk away. If a company I give money to is changing their product to pander to people that I dislike then I'm just going to be on my way.

It seems like a lot of folks would be better off getting their hands on a few older generation consoles and playing the old games again.
Forget PS5 or the new Xbox or upgrading your PC and just don't bother with new games at all.

Sometimes the crazy old dude saying "back in my day things were better" is actually right. The best thing about gaming is that the stuff from "back in the day" is still out there, still awesome and there's thousands of hours worth.

100% this.

It's exactly how I feel and what I am going to do, indeed I already am doing it.

Unfortunately I don't think there will be enough of us to make a change and I'm certain that censorship will only get worse, especially in some areas of content.

Sorry to be so defeatist
:messenger_pensive:

cm osi

The Producer of Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris is giving us a heads up and tells us to ignore his game. He says that we "shouldn't expect too much" when it comes to the co-sleeping events, a staple in this franchise, adding that stuff might prove "difficult in the current times".

Administrator is also going to be fully clothed (for those unfamiliar, she is completely naked in the show with only her hair covering her tits). This had to be done to avoid a CERO D rating (17+) in japan.

lame. sadly it's gonna become the standard because everyone is scared to death about internet outrage by the purple hair

Last edited:
100% this.

It's exactly how I feel and what I am going to do, indeed I already am doing it.

Unfortunately I don't think there will be enough of us to make a change and I'm certain that censorship will only get worse, especially in some areas of content.

Sorry to be so defeatist

Avoid the big flavor of the month game, reward the devs that carry the torch. I've been through this in the 80's and 90's with music, movies and comics. It feels hopeless until it's not. Maintaining this level of scrutiny and hyper sensitivity is exhausting. Even if the censorial fanatics don't eventually cave, audiences will get tired of it.

Saruhashi

Banned
100% this.

Sorry to be so defeatist

I agree, unfortunately.
Even if there were enough of us I do not feel that we have the social "clout" to make any proper impact.

Consider this video:

At 3:05 she tries to make the point that Batman's cape is there specifically to cover Batman's butt because straight dudes don't like looking at other dudes butts. That's a 2011 Batman game though. Batman has had his cape since the 1940s!

The point is that if my message to video game developers was "don't listen to this dumbass", because she clearly has no damn clue what she is talking about, then it's me who's the badguy. Even if there were a million people saying the same thing, they are the badguys.

The video has likes and dislikes AND comments disabled under the guise of "anti harassment" measures but this also removes the ability for direct objection to the core thesis of the video.

3rd Person Perspective games show off women's butts and hide men's butts because that's what straight male gamers want.

So, I am sure that there are many many people who feel the video is at best poorly researched and obviously looks to find a specific conclusion, while disregarding evidence that contradicts that conclusion. However, no matter how many people disagree, they simply don't have a voice.

Now, consider the possibility that many of the current videogame developers and publishers are more or less saying "we'd rather create games that give her what she wants than create games that give you what you want".

If too many people object? They're just angry manbabies. Sexist trolls. If you don't like it , don't buy it.

If this is to become the state of the hobby then why would I want to be involved?

I think it would be OK if the industry was really divided up and there were games being made over here for feminists and there are games being made over there for people who like a bit of boob and ass to look at.

The two groups seem unable to separate themselves and want to stomp all over each others games.

It's just too bad that many of the main videogame outlets online have obviously picked a side in this completely unnecessary battle and so games that pander to the "SJW" crowd are praised while constant pressure is applied to developers to not do anything that will raise "concerns".

The only way this can be undone would be something like Polygon or Kotaku doing a complete 180 on a lot of their political stances and so the activist element loses their power.

Remember, Kotaku is the outlet that tried to push this: https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/04/18...ates-persona-5-dlc-includes-a-disability-slur
You think they'll ever stop?

I reckon the next Grand Theft Auto game will be a really huge indicator of where the industry is at and how much of a hold these people actually have.

Last edited:

Frizzie

Banned
I'm not very good at writing or expressing my point but I will try (I just deleted a wall of text I had written).

I just think there should be games for everyone but not every game should be for everyone.

As long as it is not illegal, meets the laws of the territory it is published in and not so gross or controversial it would discredit the platform holder (I can understand Sony/Nintendo/MS saying "no not on our platform" in exceptional cases) I don't see what the problem is.

I wish everyone would just leave each other the hell alone and just enjoy the games we choose to enjoy, I really do.

Last edited:

kunonabi

So, there goes me wishing to buy the game....

Thankfully, I have no interest in crash, or buying more playstation games in general, but this is really concerning in regards to remasters and rereleases going forward. Didn't Spyro or something get censored too?

Helios

I agree, unfortunately.
Even if there were enough of us I do not feel that we have the social "clout" to make any proper impact.

Consider this video:

At 3:05 she tries to make the point that Batman's cape is there specifically to cover Batman's butt because straight dudes don't like looking at other dudes butts. That's a 2011 Batman game though. Batman has had his cape since the 1940s!

The point is that if my message to video game developers was "don't listen to this dumbass", because she clearly has no damn clue what she is talking about, then it's me who's the badguy. Even if there were a million people saying the same thing, they are the badguys.

The video has likes and dislikes AND comments disabled under the guise of "anti harassment" measures but this also removes the ability for direct objection to the core thesis of the video.

3rd Person Perspective games show off women's butts and hide men's butts because that's what straight male gamers want.

So, I am sure that there are many many people who feel the video is at best poorly researched and obviously looks to find a specific conclusion, while disregarding evidence that contradicts that conclusion. However, no matter how many people disagree, they simply don't have a voice.

Now, consider the possibility that many of the current videogame developers and publishers are more or less saying "we'd rather create games that give her what she wants than create games that give you what you want".

If too many people object? They're just angry manbabies. Sexist trolls. If you don't like it , don't buy it.

If this is to become the state of the hobby then why would I want to be involved?

I think it would be OK if the industry was really divided up and there were games being made over here for feminists and there are games being made over there for people who like a bit of boob and ass to look at.

The two groups seem unable to separate themselves and want to stomp all over each others games.

It's just too bad that many of the main videogame outlets online have obviously picked a side in this completely unnecessary battle and so games that pander to the "SJW" crowd are praised while constant pressure is applied to developers to not do anything that will raise "concerns".

The only way this can be undone would be something like Polygon or Kotaku doing a complete 180 on a lot of their political stances and so the activist element loses their power.

Remember, Kotaku is the outlet that tried to push this: https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/04/18...ates-persona-5-dlc-includes-a-disability-slur
You think they'll ever stop?

I reckon the next Grand Theft Auto game will be a really huge indicator of where the industry is at and how much of a hold these people actually have.

>Gamers hate to see male asses
>also gamers
OXb1BuO.png

Isa

An interesting video to be sure, but my fear is that with groups like the ESRB essentially shown to be useless, and such a large Sarkeesian, #MeToo, and corporate world love of hoping on trends and sexualities to exploit in their favor, with many in said companies being far more left-leaning and surprisingly not so tolerant combined with twitter activists who'd love a police state, I fear we are in for a long *sigh* era of imposed core values. That stint they mentioned in the vid of the church mingling in art wasn't some short phase and had some long standing cultural repercussions still felt today.

So yes I hope those who say not to worry swings and round-a-bouts and all that are right and things will get better, but we are talking about a whole new generation of man-children that demand everything to be sanitized like their safe-spaces with trigger warnings everywhere. I doubt they are going away anytime soon. I don't want to wait around and see if things get better, meanwhile one of my favorite series Senran Kagura may well have gone tits-up thanks to all this. And even when not visual, the underhanded tactics by those who dislike the original product such is the case with the Atlus translation team, really torques my shorts and ruins the whole product for me. I refuse to reward those who want to alter the artists works just to satiate their need to correct what they perceive as wrong-think.

While their new independent game is still a little bit behind schedule (part of the scenario is done), but thinking about what you can do in the indie space but can’t be done in the AAA industry, they want to take it to “crazy town”. They want it to be incredibly bloody, full of gore, and sexually explicit things that you really couldn’t show on a triple-A game. The game needs to be as crazy as they possibly can make it.
They want to break the rules and make games that they really couldn’t create with a traditional publisher and just see how it goes.
To truly be creative, Kosaka-san argued, you have to some times break the rules, shake things up, and you can’t be politically correct. Their aim is to create something that truly defines them.

This angers the San Mateo autocrats and the twitter/resetera coyotes

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I agree, unfortunately.

Consider this video:

Doesn’t sound like this lady would be a fan of the NeoGAF Butt thread.

• LOL

petran79

Banned
As long as it is not illegal, meets the laws of the territory it is published in and not so gross or controversial it would discredit the platform holder (I can understand Sony/Nintendo/MS saying "no not on our platform" in exceptional cases) I don't see what the problem is.

I wish everyone would just leave each other the hell alone and just enjoy the games we choose to enjoy, I really do.

But even if it is legal they make new laws to make it illegal

Frizzie

Banned
But even if it is legal they make new laws to make it illegal
Oh I don't need to worry about that. I live in the UK so my government is too weak to be able to pass laws. I think a little bit of animie titillation would be a long way down their list of problems.

On a serious note this is why there is no point being a fanboy. The more consoles or whatever other gaming hardware thrive the more choice we have if a company decides to pull this crap.

I have faith Sony will eventually remember it's playstation roots and drop all this silliness at some point as they really have been great for gaming. If they don't, well they wont get my custom for future generations.

Is Microsoft last gen not a cautionary enough tale as to what happens when you try to dictate to consumers? However, I follow this subject as it affects (please if I used the wrong word there let it go) me, so what is loud on my radar might be a whimper on a grander scale and not harm Sony in the slightest.

Last edited:

cm osi

The new Spice & Wolf VR game has had it's head patting and tail petting removed on Playstation:
what's the source? because i saw a tweet about this and in the comment there was one saying it's mistranslated and the headpat mode is avaible only in the VR version, so not avaible on switch and non-vr pc version

the article also mention that but doesn't say anything about ps4 removal

Last edited:
what's the source? because i saw a tweet about this and in the comment there was one saying it's mistranslated and the headpat mode is avaible only in the VR version, so not avaible on switch and non-vr pc version

the article also mention that but doesn't say anything about ps4 removal

Hmm, yeah looks like there's something lost in the translation. Even Techraptor is reporting it:

According to developer Gemdrops, Spice and Wolf VR puts the player in the role of a simple peddler who can interact with harvest goddess Horo and explore the anime’s world. In addition, the Switch, PC, and Oculus Go versions of the game will feature an interactive mode not found in other versions of the game. In interactive mode, the player can pet Spice and Wolf’s Protagonist Horo’s head and tail, as well as interact with various objects found within the game.

GreenAlien

Oh I don't need to worry about that. I live in the UK so my government is too weak to be able to pass laws. I think a little bit of animie titillation would be a long way down their list of problems.
Didn't they pass those porn censorship/blocking laws?

Frizzie

Banned
Didn't they pass those porn censorship/blocking laws?
It was just meant as a bit of satire regarding the state of UK politics.

Not censorship but age verification to help prevent minors from accessing porn I believe. It's something that has been in the pipeline for years.

I have no clue how it will work and I'm guessing it will only be used on commercial porn sites. I mean how do you remove porn from the internet??? Someone with better techie knowledge than me might have an answer.

People will go back to DVD's :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
>Gamers hate to see male asses
>also gamers
OXb1BuO.png

I've always been a lover of hot video game babes and even back in the day I have never been bother by Solid Snake's ass or even Raiden running around naked.

That Sarkeesian butt video really was the ultimate smoking gun that she's a total fucking idiot, that trend of characters with capes or trench coats started because they look cool flapping in the breeze, that's it, to think they were only meant to "cover up" male character's asses is absurd.

Top Bottom