• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do people think MS will allow Elder Scroll and Starfield on PS5?

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
So you brought up their financials but its nothing about impact to MS long term profits? Then why bother bringing them up? I must be missing ur point.
I got bored of the insults and decided to start making Hix's point for him. The fact that MS isn't expecting the acquisition to substantially impact on 2021-2022 financials could be seen as evidence that MS won't release Starfield on PS5 given that it's supposed to be releasing in that timeframe. A PS5 release would have an impact on those financials within that timeframe. A Gamepass release will likely only have a longer-term impact.

Rygeist

Banned
Honestly, I’d say only Starfield would be an Xbox/PC exclusive. I just can’t see them making Elder Scrolls an exclusive. Maybe some timed exclusivity bullshit.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Because by that time Sony would be acquired by Microsoft.
SpotlessRepentantHochstettersfrog-small.gif

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I’d say only Starfield would be an Xbox/PC exclusive. I just can’t see them making Elder Scrolls an exclusive. Maybe some timed exclusivity bullshit.
You're going to be in for a rude awakening then. Not to worry, by the time TES6 releases you can probably buy an Xbox Series S for $150

Kagey K

Banned
Well MS is a company full of stupid people that keep failing upward, so that they are one of the richest companies on the planet.

Expect them to keep making stupid decisions that keep making them more money, even if you don’t like it.

Rygeist

Banned
Well MS is a company full of stupid people that keep failing upward, so that they are one of the richest companies on the planet.

Expect them to keep making stupid decisions that keep making them more money, even if you don’t like it.

I feel like MS has been killing it lately, no?
Sony has been shitting the bed.

Klart

Are you referring to cuphead, ori, and Minecraft?

I swear I look at this forum everyday just to laugh, but this one is absurd. Those games are all smaller indie styled games. And yes; although minecraft is a huge game, it is not on the same level as any AAA game in terms of quality and production. And nor did it have the potential to be a system seller due to it already being on the other platforms.

Unless you see a major-hitter from Xbox like Halo, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay, Everwild, and etc etc, over there I would drop this argument until then.
Your comment is laughable, incorrect and incoherent.

Ori & Cuphead are not systemsellers or AAA, but they are fantastic in terms of quality and production.

Minecraft is not a looker, but not a systemseller?

If MS would have made this exclusive after the acquisition, it would have made a huge difference (but probably not as much money for MS as keeping it multiplatform).

Minecraft had sold roughly 50 million copies when Microsoft acquired Mojang in 2014. In March 2018, the title's sales had passed 144 million units. In 2020 it is the best-selling video game of all time: over 200 million units.

"Not a systemseller" he says about the best-selling video game of all time. Way to make a fool out of yourself.

FrankWza

I got bored of the insults and decided to start making Hix's point for him. The fact that MS isn't expecting the acquisition to substantially impact on 2021-2022 financials could be seen as evidence that MS won't release Starfield on PS5 given that it's supposed to be releasing in that timeframe. A PS5 release would have an impact on those financials within that timeframe. A Gamepass release will likely only have a longer-term impact.

i thought he strong armed you.:messenger_grimmacing_

Infamy v1

They would be stupid not to make it for ps5

Why would they wanna make chump change with Playstation sales when they could make insanely more money/mindshare/marketshare with Xbox Game Pass and the Xbox ecosystem? You know, like the CEO, head of Xbox and former head of Bethesda keep saying over and over?

You fanboys needs to move on from the denial phase.

Why would they wanna make chump change with Playstation sales when they could make insanely more money/mindshare/marketshare with Xbox Game Pass and the Xbox ecosystem? You know, like the CEO, head of Xbox and former head of Bethesda keep saying over and over?

You fanboys needs to move on from the denial phase.

I say just let them keep going, it will make it that much funnier when the games are announced as MS exclusives.

Honestly, I'd say only Spider-Man Miles Morales would be a PS5 exclusive. I just can't see Sony making God of War Ragnarok as an exclusive. Maybe some time exclusivity bullshit.

Do some of you even read what you write? The denial is fucking HILARIOUS and is above fan fiction at this point.

For the 9th billionth time in this thread MS didn't pay 7.5 billion dollars to make games for Playstation.

Mattyp

Gold Member

Starfield PS5 release would have zero impact on Microsoft financials. You're talking 0.01% on a Microsoft quarterly.

For all those who actually still believe Sony is getting these titles and still stuck in the denial phase I'll do a years gold wager.

Last edited:

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Starfield PS5 release would have zero impact on Microsoft financials. You're talking 0.01% on a Microsoft quarterly.

For all those who actually still believe Sony is getting these titles and still stuck in the denial phase I'll do a years gold wager.
Jesus Christ, are you people just plain illiterate? Do you not realise that you’re arguing that Starfield might NOT be exclusive? You really are just trying to contradict anything you see from anyone “pro-Sony,” arguments be damned.

Out of curiosity though, what would be the terms of your wager?

TeKtheSanE

Your comment is laughable, incorrect and incoherent.

Ori & Cuphead are not systemsellers or AAA, but they are fantastic in terms of quality and production.

Minecraft is not a looker, but not a systemseller?

If MS would have made this exclusive after the acquisition, it would have made a huge difference (but probably not as much money for MS as keeping it multiplatform).

Minecraft had sold roughly 50 million copies when Microsoft acquired Mojang in 2014. In March 2018, the title's sales had passed 144 million units. In 2020 it is the best-selling video game of all time: over 200 million units.

"Not a systemseller" he says about the best-selling video game of all time. Way to make a fool out of yourself.
Basically your argument sums up to:

A) F you you're wrong
B) I love these games! Everyone must too!
C) People would probably buy a system alone to play Minecraft!

Are these your points?

I did come out kinda strong claiming your thoughts are absurd, probably should have been lighter there.
Those games are good, I never said they weren't, I'm sure much of GAF agrees including me. But they still aren't AAA type games that took millions to develop and have giant teams dedicated to developing them.
And where did I say it's not a looker? I said it isn't a AAA game, it wasn't to start with, it doesn't evolve into one.

I apologize man if I offended you cause it looks like I hit a button that I didn't mean to press.

Really none of us know what is going to happen with Zenimax's future games, we all just have an opinion based on random PR and conjecture. So it's almost useless to argue which is why I am going to unwatch this thread and just ignore it until there is actual news.

I hope you all have a good time until then.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

It actually is smart marketing by Xbox. Think about it. With not telling their plans about exclusivity people on forums won't stop talking/speculating about it. It's over a week now and this topic is very active. And people will keep talking about it as long as Xbox PR keeps their mouths shut. This means Xbox is in peoples heads, the mindshare is obviously there. In my opinion that's why they keep it vague and let it shimmer in the twilight zone.

If they tell people outright the next games – after the already in place timed exclusivity for two games on PS – will be exclusive to Xbox, PC and Game Pass/Xcloud we will hear upset people from the PS only side for a couple of days max and then it's business as usual and that's that. Every console manufacturer's marketing division is trying to keep their brand visible and in peoples minds, the customer base engaged through various social media platforms and on dedicated gaming boards like this. So Xbox marketing are doing a damn fine job!

Last edited:

Rygeist

Banned
Honestly, I'd say only Spider-Man Miles Morales would be a PS5 exclusive. I just can't see Sony making God of War Ragnarok as an exclusive. Maybe some time exclusivity bullshit.

Do some of you even read what you write? The denial is fucking HILARIOUS and is above fan fiction at this point.

For the 9th billionth time in this thread MS didn't pay 7.5 billion dollars to make games for Playstation.

Are you serious? I was just speculating. Don’t get your panties all in a twist.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My advice would be to anyone that believes Microsoft is going to put any of Zenimax's/Bethesda's games on PlayStation 5, I would suggest that you fully 100% enjoy Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo because those one year timed exclusivity deals is all that platform is getting. But good luck. :)

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ, are you people just plain illiterate? Do you not realise that you’re arguing that Starfield might NOT be exclusive? You really are just trying to contradict anything you see from anyone “pro-Sony,” arguments be damned.

Out of curiosity though, what would be the terms of your wager?
His wager was that the loser has to pay a year of NeoGAF gold for the winner.

Top Bottom