• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

why cant keeanu reeves act?

Ikutachi

You don't need amazing acting skills when you have masterclass charm.
zWb3YSC.jpg

I don't know but I lost a ton of money on that Sugar Bowl disaster of his. What a bloody shambles that was. You could smell the stink all the way back in bloody Wales.

Keanu Reeves plays "Keanu Reeves". He doesn't act - people just go to see him. There are a lot of movie stars like that. Now don't get me wrong, they do have a handful of exceptional roles but for the most part you are going to know exactly what you get with them.

Not everyone is Daniel Day Lewis.

GymWolf

I don't even know why this guy is so loved...

I guess that just being a decent guy in hollywood is enough to make people love him.

The only thing i know is that he was fucking horrible in cyberpunk...

mansoor1980

Gold Member
I don't even know why this guy is so loved...

I guess that just being a decent guy in hollywood is enough to make people love him.

The only thing i know is that he was fucking horrible in cyberpunk...
wat? neogaf opinion is that he is great in cyber punk but just not given much time

Raven117

No sir, OP. No sir. If you can't appreciate Keanu for what he does and what he brings to roles, then you need to reevaluate your life.

Im sure he would readily say he isn't an Oscar worthy actor, but that doesn't mean you can't get a total kick out of him and his performances in a tongue in cheek, little campy, little serious, little awesomely-bad, way.

He's got a weird acting style for sure, but Keanu Reeves seems most "natural" when he's talking with other actors and directors.

It's a bit dated now, but he produced a cool documentary called Side by Side (2012) about movies being increasingly filmed digitally. He has conversations with a bunch of different, good directors(except Lena Dunham lol) and gets them to open up about how cameras were changing. Anyway, it's pretty good. The whole thing is on YouTube.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

You don't need to know how to act to be a movie star.
That's kind of cool when you think about it.

You can be bad at the skill you've been hired and still make it.
I guess it's not the only job like that, I would put Senator or a Representative at the top of that list :messenger_beaming:

Can barely modulate his voice.

I love his Dracula performance. At the dinner table when Gary Oldman is all WHAARLGHGBGBHRHGH with that sword, Keanu's contrasting catatonia unironically enhances the kino.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Poor guy can barely move now. Watching him in "Replica" was like watching an 80 year old man wracked with arthritis shuffle around a set. No idea what drugs/editing they use to get him fluid for John Wick.

Top Bottom