• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are gamers settling for the Core package?

Ranger X

Matlock said:
Honestly, it doesn't make sense. :p

It's also what i think. But some people prefer new stuff to actual gaming and also have money to spend, they just spend on hype.
I don't have enough money for such a hype buy and anyway i would still feel bad/screwed to do it.
The first batchs of consoles will have hardware failures and if you wait a year or maybe 2, it's gonna be cheaper and more stable. There will be a shitload more of games and better games to choose from to. Those who wait wins seriously.
I'll also be waiting to see what happen with the PS2 and Rev. I plan on getting only 2 consoles out of 3 and i'll wait for all of them to be out on the market. That makes sense for having a well thought choice.
This urge to buy something new does not necessarily make sense, we can't try to understand people. Personally i'm not enticed to buy something because it's new or hyped or whatever, i also have tons of games right now to play and those games are holyshit great.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Because if you just wanted to play the games and not care about BC, custom soundtracks and the like or have HDtv, $300 is still a lot better than $400. Is it really that hard to comprehend? Plus having the Premium pack sell out so quickly doesn't leave much option outside of waiting.
Yes, basically the main reason why non-tards are buying the "tard" pack. All you jealous cynical fucks blaming "the need to spend" and crap are forgetting that you don't NEED the extra packed-in crap in order to make an Xbox 360 run, and that there's not really an alternate option for those of us who've been waiting for this console for awhile now, but were screwed out of a Premium. Quit trying to downgrade people for being smarter about their shopping....

Top Bottom