• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who the hell actually plays Roblox?

Do you play Roblox?

• Yes, of course I play Roblox.

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • I have never played it.

Votes: 146 58.6%
  • I don't even know what it is.

Votes: 87 34.9%

• Total voters

bitbydeath

Kids, but adults make the games.
images

lock2k

Banned
Seems like the kind of game my daughter would love. I know about It for ages but haven't tried It. I do love Minecraft though and I'm currently building an elaborate road in it

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
My lad plays it and loves it because he's judging the game on what he wants from it, rather than what is perceived to be a good game or bad game by elitist video game forums.
Ahhhh, to be that young and innocent again.
Which is the best approach to trying games, really. Children have some wisdom over adults on this.

Synless

My son somehow got hooked on it and now he plays no other games. Piggy and Broken Bones stole his gaming soul.... it’s sad.

Inviusx

Every time you see a thread proclaiming a certain game is uber successful for selling 5 million copies or whatever, remember that Roblox exists.

Lmao I'm sure if you were a father who played games when you were young, and your son grew up and became obsessed with World of Warcraft and played nothing else they'd react the same.

Times change, new trends emerge, and a new generation will love it.

Back then it was WoW, or Ragnarok Online (Asia) and Runescape.

Psos

Neo Member
Dunno... It looks like shit and has no gameplay, I just don't understand what is the reason to play it.

The Alien

Banned
Imagine all the latest and greatest video game hits. Now imagine those games as though they were designed by 8 years old for 8 year olds.

They have clones of: Call of Duty, Dead by Daylight, etc. And of course, the original, Fart Attack (exactly what u think it is).

Its harmless and cute in a cheap lego knock-off sort of way.

Thats Roblox.

My 11yo niece is way into this game. Apparently you can make your own games in it and there is a social media element to it and lots of other stuff. Every other kid she is friends with plays it too. This game is huge among kids. Is it the most played game of all time by sheer numbers? Maybe.

Also she was into Geometry Wars. You can make your own levels in that one.

One big reason for these games popularity is you can download and play them on tablets. It is way easier to play on a tablet than a console. These are basically the games kids play when they don't have access to a console to play Fortnite.

Last edited:

Larxia

I've been wondering the same thing because I've never actually seen this game or anything about it anywhere, except on forums or youtube video saying how popular it is, which makes it even more confusing. It's not on Steam or any other platform I've tried, so I'm not even sure how so many people know about it.

It's a weird case of something that you never hear about, but is somehow super popular, it just makes me think of these songs on youtube that have like 2 billion views and I've never heard them and I'm like "where does this come from?".

I think it's more popular in the US though because apparently you do have things about it in stores etc, but here in France I really never saw anything about it.

Ozzie666

Fornite, Apex, Call of Duty and what ever such games come out in the future. Will owe a lot to ROBLOX.

ROBLOX is the NES of the current age. This game is the intro for many young tykes into gaming, it's replaced Mindcraft. It takes it to another level. It's the digital version of lego bricks.

Future gaming will owe a lot to ROBLOX any any success these future games. These kids and their spending habits are the future market.

Rawker

My kids 5 and 7 used to play until I bought them Minecraft. Roblox is a great gateway game for kids. I can play on my phone with them, we used to go fishing, camping, and raise pets all as a family because the game is accessable, runs on any hardware, and is free.

Catphish

My 12-yr-old daughter plays it frequently. It’s fine enough, I guess, but the popular YouTubers who make videos about it annoy me to fucking tears.

ranmafan

My kids are obsessed with it. I tried it with them and not only did I find the games to be some of the worst I've ever played in my life, but I was also quite shocked at the insane amount of monetization in the game with so many DLCs. It seems like every minute a pop up would come up in almost every game asking if we wanted to buy some stupid little item. The worst being the official Universal Studios theme park roblox level, which has you having to actually line up to get on rides. But if you want you could buy a fast pass just like in real life. Easily some of the worst cases of attempted nickel and diming of customers I've ever seen. Trying to get my kids to play better games, but everyone they know plays it too and its big on those youtube channels for kids.

sephiroth7x

It is kids. Three of my five play and love it. The whole thing is garbage but in the middle of it all there is maybe, three or four well made decent games that are actually playable. Don't ask me what they are, but they are there.

SCB3

Fornite, Apex, Call of Duty and what ever such games come out in the future. Will owe a lot to ROBLOX.

ROBLOX is the NES of the current age. This game is the intro for many young tykes into gaming, it's replaced Mindcraft. It takes it to another level. It's the digital version of lego bricks.

Future gaming will owe a lot to ROBLOX any any success these future games. These kids and their spending habits are the future market.

Not exactly, there is a lot of Crossover with Minecraft, my kids play both as much

What is staggering to me, is that it is only on Xbox, Mobile, and PC, you'd think a Switch port would be obvious, I'm buying stock when it goes public, I see that as the next logical step or just being bought outright by Microsoft

8bitpill

My four year old daughter just started playing it on her iPad. I didn't even know what it was along with how "in depth" it is. The thing that I was surprised about it's been out since 2006.

Top Bottom