• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who are your favourite game directors?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I only remember Hideo Kojima, Cory Barlog, Neil Druckmann, and Mark Cerny. There are other good ones but I don't know their names.

Last edited:

Sensei

I agree with many of the names I see here but I'd like to add a "smaller one" that I don't think should be overlooked:
Lucas Pope (Papers please, The Return of the Obra Dinn)
gaming-bafta-games-awards-lucas-pope.jpg

Mozzarella

I dont think Game Director have the same kind of influence in their works as Film Directors, so unlike Cinema i cannot give a list of game directors that i can call favorite, except maybe few directors that stand out to me and they are Miyazaki, Kojima and Mikami.
I personally dont think Game Director is as important relative to their work as Film Director.

Cutty Flam

Banned
whoever did BOTW
Hidemaro Fujibayashi

He’s done a lot for the series. I think he’s definitely the man for the job as director for three reasons

1. He’s perfected the art of making excellent handheld Zelda games. He’s directed the OoX games on Gameboy Color, The Minish Cap on GBA which were both superb games. He also directed Four Swords, and Phantom Hourglass which fans may have mixed feelings about but still, he done some fine work there. Four Swords lead to Four Swords Adventure which was a very unique game

2. He’s directed BotW

3. Currently, I think he’s put in the most work when it comes to directing these Zelda games; most total games directed in the series

I’m very excited that Hidemaro Fujibayashi is the director for BotW’s sequel and works closely with Eiji Aonuma, the game’s producer. It’s like the most promising 1-2 punch to me when I see and think of what they’ve accomplished. Their creativity and experience is off the charts and it makes sense to have these two leading. Cannot wait to hear more about the next Zelda game tbh, hopefully another trailer will be shown during E3 sometime June 12th-15th, 2021

Banned
Ueda, Miyazaki and Mikami... easily the top 3

Kamiya just missing the top 3, as does Miyamoto

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
personally dont think Game Director is as important relative to their work as Film Director.
I disagree, Just look at Drakengard 2 compare to other series, its only game on the series that was not directed by Yoko Taro and you can easily tell.

And George Kamitani single handedly done entire script for 13 Sentinels and look at the difference other Ace Attorney after the first Trilogy.

Top Bottom