• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which version of Link is the best (aesthetically)?

Which version of Link is the best (aesthetically)

• Zelda 1 Link

• Adventure of Link...Link...

• A Link to the Past Link

• Ocarina of Time Young Link

• Ocarina of Time Adult Link

• Majora's Mask Link

• Link's Awakening / LA Remastered Link

• Oracle of Ages / Seasons Link

• Wind Waker Link

• Phantom Hourglass Link

• Spirit Tracks Link

• Twilight Princess Link

• Skyward Sword Link

• Minish Cap Link

• Breath of the Wild Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thabass

There have been a lot of Links over the years, but which one is your favorite?

135-1352491_link-legend-of.png
232-2329950_link-nes-png-link-legend-of-zelda-nes.png

zelda-2-the-adventure-of-link.jpg
zelda-ii-the-adventure-of-link.jpg

a65d39c24b2eaa8f7160d886bda706bc.jpg
uVujjUm57oB_7Rx3c70VzXijdY24Mg4c4OkZ0-UTwh9J7bo5ZlbSLhvN2_3It9AUjofb3vep7AoJ1N2UvLDUCoCOJYTd8ozt

76b5cf47d36b5961f92ba80f1e16e704.jpg
ekzwj0gmgji21.jpg

1846917251d9213d15a25752430b1dd4.jpg
15445566387288-856x630.jpg

dcef59133356b1e3af220dd3e97c9ee3.jpg
35C85287063943D6AFE710383033B7A157E22FF5

85-858258_link-artwork-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-link.png
zelda-the-missing-link-740x416.jpg

oracle-of-seasons-and-oracle-of-ages-zelda-ii-the-adventure-of-link-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-the-legend-of-zelda-link-s-awakening-png-favpng-YcZJBJvAaif6JDaLXBD04bRS8.jpg
oracle_pt_01_thumb-1200x675.jpg

67152d85626bbea516c03b173901d200.jpg
windwaker.jpg

92-927614_link-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-link-clipart.png
latest

d1ybyqc-cd6834b5-80a3-458e-9fee-43f340b48abc.png
9adbe00191238cfb321ab60d1349207db0537ed6r1-888-1490v2_hq.jpg

legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd

3c1505e1ec0b0cd7437ce9290dd3dae9.png
181232-header.jpg

102040-the-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-game-boy-advance-screenshot.png

68c9883c58999e93386de2c41f0775a9.jpg
Zelda_Breath_of_the_Wild_Screen_Shot_6_6_17__3.20_AM_2.0.jpg

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Alternate Breath of the Wild pic to enlighten voters.
Vly2FZk.png
A friend of mine was very excited to dress his Link up like this.

kunonabi

Link's Awakening > Zelda 1 > Skyward Sword > Zelda 2 > Twilight Princess > A Link to the Past > the rest > Breath of the Wild(although the Hero of the Wild look might be his best ever)

GametimeUK

Wind Waker Link for me is best aesthetically from a design standpoint in my opinion. Twilight Princess Link looks the most badass. However, OOT Link is the most iconic in my mind and is THE definitive Link.

I know it's because I was a dumb kid, but animated series Link has a special place in my heart.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Phantom Hourglass Link design is my fav, and one of my favorite handheld Zelda games to boot. Why I went with PH instead of WW is because i think Nintendo got the expressiveness down better in PH.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It really depends on what you’re looking for. There’s so many great designs.

I kind of personally see Link as older and cooler. I became a big Zelda fan with OoT, so that’s kind of my starting point. So TP has the most awesome, heroic looking version of him for me... and I kind of hope we see a future game do those types of aesthetics and character design.

G8xLt9f.jpg

Z0u77uu.jpg

Epic.

He isn’t my kind of Link totally, but I also have to mention BotW Link. Completely redesigning a 30 year old videogame character, sans several trademarks, and even his signature color, and having it still absolutely, unmistakably exude Link, as well as take him forward, is just amazing design. It’s also just an awesome design on its own and kind of balances the younger and older Links as well.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Twilight Princess takes the cake from me.

It's similar to Adult Link, but perfected and more rich with details. Which weren't fitting of the N64 hardware.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Concept art wise, I am still very nostalgic for the original game manual art. I have fond memories of looking up the monsters when we ran into them in the game and filling in the blank parts of the map with my older sister while we played together.

vVSqCCJ.jpg

GcgsTnt.jpg

c0LzqQJ.png

I really like the in game version of skyward sword link and the art direction of that title. Breath of the wild is a very close second for in game art direction followed by wind waker.

Pejo

Twilight Princess Link is the most iconic in my opinion, but I've always had a soft spot for Toon Link, since he's by far the most expressive one.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
It's a tie between OOT Adult Link and TW Link.

Both have the same kind of heroic look that later versions just lost.
I think that once the numbers came in for how popular OOT really was and still is, it set the standard of how they wanted adult Link to look, work, and be. I'm one of those weird guys that likes them all but I can't remember any later Links having the acceptance that adult OOT Link has had.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Is there any official art for A Link to the Past where Link has pink hair?

I always wondered why it was that way. Maybe so he doesn't blend too much with the environment?

MiguelItUp

I always liked the grittier/darker look of the Twilight Princess Link.

But a part of me also loved the Adventure of Link, Link.

JimiNutz

Banned
I think my ideal is a mix of Breath of the Wild and Twilight Princess (but I think Link looks best with darker hair).

I do also have a soft spot for the art style of Wind Waker though.

Sleepwalker

Adult link from Ocarina of time probably.

I will say though that the Twilight princess aesthetic remains unmatched in terms of longevity, and is my second favorite.

Also I never realized Link's eye color went from blue to black then back to blue, huh.

Impotaku

For me i liked windwaker link the most, the amount of emotion he can express on his face made him instantly likeable. When i saw the fist trailer of it cell shaded it looked rank as his head looked like a lemon and the eyes looked wrong and nothing like the finished design but then they refined the design & it ended up been my most liked version.

Although to be honest they all have a charm of their own, well except the CDI links, they can all fuck off and die in a dumpster fire.

Last edited:

Garnox

I voted TP Link, as it's also my favorite Zelda game.

I do kind of dig Skyward Link though. It's a healthy blend of WW and TP.

BotW continued that trend, but took the design in a different direction. (Not a bad thing)

Top Bottom