• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Current Gen Console/s Do You OWN?

Which Next Gen Console/s Do You OWN?

• PS5 DE

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • PS5

Votes: 95 37.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 40 15.9%
  • PS5 DE- Xbox Series S

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • PS5 DE- Xbox Series X

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • PS5 - Xbox Series S

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • PS5 - Xbox Series X

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • PS5 - Xbox Series S- Xbox Series X

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • PS5 DE - Xbox Series S- Xbox Series X

• PC Master Race 🚀 !

Votes: 55 21.8%
  • Switch

Votes: 37 14.7%
  • Switch Lite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fredrik

FF VII REMAKE
So far I feel betrayed by this game. It’s the same characters and world but as far as I’m concerned it’s really not Final Fantasy 7. The battles used to be A grade strategic RPG awesomeness but are now some kind of B grade third person action masher. I switched to the Classic style but it’s still just janky and chaotic. Only played 10 hours or so though. Maybe it gets better.

Jaybe

XSX - 99% of game time

PC - 1% of game time nowadays. Hope it lasts to retirement and I’ll play 100s of epic store giveaways by then.

Switch Lite - I tried to sell but no buyers at what I’m looking for. Grabbed Link’s Awakening on sale this weekend so will keep a little longer. I like the option to play portable, but rarely bother with it.

I sold my PS4 Pro a few weeks back. I’ll buy a PS5 in a few years to replay my sweet PS4 digital catalog and pick up new exclusives. Might sell the XSX then. To be determined.

I currently only have the Series X. All of my third party game purchases since 2015 have been on XBox, plus my Gamepass subscription pretty made getting an XBox first a no-brainer. I will get a PS5 as soon as they are more available and they have an exclusive game that I consider must have. I kind of thought that was going to be Horizon, so we will see in February

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
PS5 DE works for me and it wasn’t that big of a decision to drop disks digital age is here last night I ordered 3-4 games on sale from the PS Store and downloaded them instantly it makes disks feel ancient.

Got a Series X, Switch, and a really old loud PC.
I'd have a PS5 if I could find one. PS5 holds the record for being the most elusive thing on my want list.

catvonpee

I have two PCs, a series X, and a Switch revision 2. I'd probably have a PS5 if I could find one, but I can't. I got my series X on day one.

M.W.

PS5D, XSX and a gaming laptop.

Oh and a Switch but i don't play it.

Last edited:
Xbox Series X, PS5, Switch, and two capable PCs (one with RTX 2080, one with RTX 3060).

PS5 will be pretty much strictly for exclusives. I got the PS5 first because I was lucky enough to get one early. Took longer for me to get the Series X.

I have two PS5s

One for me and one for my wife. Got mine 7 days after they came out and got her's back on March 4th from a Walmart drop (got it right on the last wave that day, whew).

Pretty happy with both of them. The only thing that sucks is that Automatic Game Mode no longer works on our living room TV. It doesn't recognize it as a PlayStation. It's just a generic "game console" and auto game mode doesn't activate.

Topher

Gold Member
T5fYV2E.jpg

NiO7SEU.jpg

Nice boxes. How much did you get on eBay for them?

The Office Smile GIF

I'm just kidding.

GrayDock

PS5 and an old PC (i7 2600k + 1060 6GB) for RTS and 4X games only.
Had a Switch but sold it.
Thinking about buying another Switch for Dread, but probably not so soon.
I might get an XSX at the end of the generation with a couple of GP months to play it's exclusives if it's cheaper.

Quasicat

Found a Series X at Walmart right after missing it at launch.

The Switch is a red box, upgraded right before Covid shut down everything since the fan on my launch unit was clicking.

The Switch lite is mainly for downtime at work, although things have been very busy at this point in year.

Still looking for a PS5 Digital Edition.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Is switch current gen? It's 7th gen performance and it came out in 2017. I think gens are kind of dumb anymore, but to me it doesn't fit.

GBC came out in 1998 and it was the N64s companion console despite the GBP being out at its launch (and N64 controllers were in the same color scheme). GBA for GC, yet the DS came out when the GC still had 2 years left, etc. Handhelds don't fit neatly into console generations.

But yeah PC and switch. Have no interest in PS5 or Xbox, but I do find the black series x to be visually appealing.

Last edited:

Mahavastu

I only have a plain PS5 and a PS5 digital...
Not sure if I will buy a xbox one day, but I dont think I would play enough on it... Who knows what Microsoft has to offer this generation :messenger_grinning:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I only have the PS5 this generation. I might get a XSX alongside it later depending on how Hellblade 2, Fable, Indiana Jones and Perfect Dark turn out

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I swear there is a variation of this thread every few months, lol.

PS5 disc, XSX.

First Switch that I own is on the way (bought some for family and played on it before)

PC...eh... I need a new gpu, ASAP. Built a PC this year and at the time my thinking was get a gpu just to get the PC up n running. Got the parts early 2020, so at the time I would have gotten a 2060 or 2070 if I was thinking.

Been trying to get a new gpu now ......at a normal price.....and its easier to get a PS5 and XSX at normal price....dayum.....

Last edited:

Vagswarm

So far it's been just the PC and Switch. The laptop I have is new and been playing everything well. The new Xbox and PS5 I had some interest in, but it wasn't possible to find either one and I wasn't motivated enough to go out of the way for it.

Soosa

Banned
PS5

switch (havent touched it in 1-2 years, nothing interesting to play, or weak specs ruin the experience so I dont even try after seeing gameplay videos)

Later I will get used series x, I have seen some in like new condition already for low as 400€, and they dont even sell that fast. So I assume I can get one for 350-400€ soonish.

TheContact

Just a switch. I don’t really have any interest in owning a ps5. I also just dropped a bit of $ on a new gaming pc that I’m just waiting for the parts to come in

Top Bottom