• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which are you most excited for: The Elder Scrolls VI or Avowed?

hype?

• Total voters

Hero_Select

I could have said the same, but after my disapointment with The Outer Worlds... I dunno.

Oh, and you cant vote as long as you are labelled as "neo member". And welcome btw! :)
That makes sense lol. And thanksđź‘Ť

I actually agree with Outer Worlds but I attribute it to the story just not being my kind of jam.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
TES6 is so, so far away... Does anyone even know wether Bethesda is working on it? Because we do know Obsidian is working on Avowed...

iorek21

None gave me any reason to be hyped.

I'll wait for real gameplay to compare the two, specially Avowed, which we don't know a thing about.

Dontero

Banned
Hard choice.

Game that is probably 6-7 years away (Betsheda will first release Starfield then TES)

Game that is probably 2-3 years away.

Desaccorde

Since it will be based on PoE's lore, I think I am more excited for Avowed. Not saying that we will not play The Elder Scrolls VI, however if Obsidian can manage to create something on par with Bethesda, it will be great to have another franchise with the same style. That's why I want it to be succeed and be better than The Elders Scrolls this time.

Belmonte

The one which has more RPG elements. I would like a lot if Elder Scrolls VI return to Morrowind levels of complexity, at least Oblivion. I want stats beyond Magicka/Health/Stamina for example. Do this and it is day one for me.

At the moment, I'm more hyped for the Wayward Realms, from the original Elder Scrolls creators. It does not have gameplay showed yet but they want to create something more akin to Daggerfall.

Gandih42

Although I quite enjoy Obsidians output and very much dislike the current state of Bethesda and their games, I would have to pick TES VI.

I really liked The Outer Worlds but even though it was a good attempt at a Fallout/TES style game, it didn't quite scratch that 1st person immersive open world RPG itch.

Until we know more (anything, really) about either game, I'm hopeful that Bethesda somehow is able to deliver on the usual TES magic.

That being said, I'm much more confident in Obsidian delivering a solid quality product whereas I feel TES VI could easily go either way, given the current state of affairs.

Looking forward to actual information on both!

VALCON 82

I could have said the same, but after my disapointment with The Outer Worlds... I dunno.

Oh, and you cant vote as long as you are labelled as "neo member". And welcome btw! :)
I too was wondering how to vote... so now the question is how does one get this accursed adjective off my member status?
(and cue the Sean Bean meme)

Sephimoth

Skyrim is one of my favourites, but I have no hope for them releasing another any time soon. Didn't they say Starlink is first? And that's nowhere in sight either...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I too was wondering how to vote... so now the question is how does one get this accursed adjective off my member status?
(and cue the Sean Bean meme)
I might be wrong but I think it's a matter of time, like a month or so.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
At this point, TES may never even come out. Let's wait and see what that disaster of a studio puts out with Starfield before even talking about TES.

Teslerum

At this point, TES may never even come out. Let's wait and see what that disaster of a studio puts out with Starfield before even talking about TES.
Its going to be interesting.

I do actually expect Starfield to be decent. They have to prove a point after all the bad press and exactly for discussions such as this stake their claim as the kings of open-world rpgs by stomping Outer Worlds (Which isn't exactly a fair comparison because OW was made from the ground up by a small team, so they should do so anyway.) At least until Avowed releases.

I also don't expect Starfield to be the be and end all of Sci-Fi RPG's either has to be said.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Tough decision.

I love TES but now that I found out Avowed is in the same world as Pillars of Eternity, I'm sort of excited.

I'd probably say I'm more excited for TES VI because I'm a lot more familiar with the setting but Avowed has my attention now.

Darkmakaimura

ANything Bethesda Game Studios has done this gen has not captured me at all. ESO got there eventually but being an early adopter there was nothing to do. Fallout 4 was a very samey game to the point I fell off real hard after only a 10 or so hours and Fallout 76 was a train wreck.

Obsidian on the other hand got me with South Park Stick of Truth. Really enjoyed that game. Pillars of Eternity was fantastic. Outer Worlds was most definitely a Fallout game but I finished it. Didn't love it but it kept my interest. Played Grounded, at least what it has to offer right now and its definitely neat.

So yeah. I think Avowed is the easy winner for me.
Avowed takes place in the same world as Pillars of Eternity so if you found that one fantastic you may be in for a treat.

EDMIX

I'll likely end up buying both, but Elder Scrolls by default of the worlds Bethesda crafts.

How I see it, many games say they have life like works with NPCs, Fallout and Elders Scrolls are in a class in their own of ACTUALLY doing this. I can trust that the team will have that type of world building were the NPCs have their own lives, wake up, go to sleep, die etc

Any other game needs to PROVE they can even do that to such a level for me to even slightly consider getting it, let alone NOT getting Elder Scrolls. As of right of right now, Elder Scrolls and Fallout simply have more solid and grounded concepts of how NPCs, towns, the world etc are crafted.

Nickolaidas

Fallout 4 severely crushed my expectations for ESVI. It seems like Bethesda is making their next game appeal to dumber and dumber people. When I played Fallout 4 and within a hour of the game I get inside a Power Armor which was literally chilling on the ceiling of one of the first buildings I enter, and the only thing that stops the current residents from using it against raiders is a padlock in the basement, I was like ... "Yeah ... I'm out.'

Bethesda should at least give me the false impression that they respect my intellect and suspension of disbelief.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Even though I don't have an xbox, I really really really hope avowed will turn out great (I will be able to play it on PC, right?). Bethesda dropped the ball with their TES releases. Skyrim is now 9 years old ffs. Still, I have to admit, i'm more looking forward to TES6, just because it expands an already existing universe that I fell in love with long ago.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

One thing with the PoE universe is they laid on lots of weirdness with the second game. Bodies of dead gods that can be traversed, walking statues the size of skyscrapers powered by souls, huge cities that scale up mountains, different realms of gods, etc.

The lore is shaping up well and matching the bizarre atmosphere that TES has and that it should have in future games.

If Avowed continues with that tradition, it would be great.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
One thing with the PoE universe is they laid on lots of weirdness with the second game. Bodies of dead gods that can be traversed, walking statures the size of skyscrapers powered by souls, huge cities that scale up mountains, different realms of gods, etc.

The lore is shaping up well and matching the bizarre atmosphere that TES has and that it should have in future games.

If Avowed continues with that tradition, it would be great.
Well now, that sounds very exciting.

Kimahri

Banned
I always get bored at some poikt with Elder Scrolls games, so I'm gonna have to say Avowed simply because a huge open world fantasy rpg from them is kinda unproven ground.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
is it too much to have a game with the openness, freedom & modability of Skyrim without running on a fucking old dog of an engine?? As much as i love Bethesda's Scrolls series that engine needs took out and shot (alongwith Todd tbf) its clunky & horrible looking so if Avowed is using a brand new engine built for the 21st century then i'll be all over it, if Scrolls 6 is using yet again another "enhancement" of the creation engine, ill pick it up on sale or 2nd hand

RoadHazard

Gold Member
We have seen exactly nothing from either, so neither.

Although I did like Skyrim, so based just on that I guess TESVI.

Last edited:

Tschumi

It has to be Avowed. I love Pillars of Eternity perhaps more than any other official series this decade.

Beyond that, Bethesda apparently can't be trusted.

I'll always have Morrowind.

they are probably both going to be disappointments honestly
Obsidian can't do open world games if outer worlds was any preview of Avowed, Outer Worlds was way too linear and choices meant absolutely nothing, no matter what build you made you end up on the same paths. I didn't like it. ES6 will probably be even more dumbed down on the RPG elements but have a massive open world.
Meh

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
they are probably both going to be disappointments honestly
Obsidian can't do open world games if outer worlds was any preview of Avowed, Outer Worlds was way too linear and choices meant absolutely nothing, no matter what build you made you end up on the same paths. I didn't like it. ES6 will probably be even more dumbed down on the RPG elements but have a massive open world.
Meh
Dumbing down is a big worry on Bethesda's side, for sure. Do you think that, given the budget of a first-party exclusive, Obsidian might be able to put together an open world that could impress you? Perhaps a larger budget could enable a more dynamic world, one that could greatly change as the player makes decisions. Man, I hope Dying Light 2 sets a new standard there.

Top Bottom