• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will you be playing STARFIELD?

When will you be playing STARFIELD?

• I am part of the early access crew (31 Aug/1 Sep)

• I will be playing on the official launch date (5 Sep/6 Sep)

• I will be playing at a later date

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess probably never. Not a huge fan of Bethesda open world rpgs and have a massive backlog of stuff I’m more interested in I’d rather work on.

Friday sometime, I could play at 8pm Thursday, but I want to get a decent amount of sleep for work; get in early, get off early, and pick up enough stuff on the way back to pull a full on goblin mode for the long weekend.

cBR6eUh.jpg

My body is ready.

When the stars fall to earth and we are all scorched by eternal hellfire of the stars heat.

Of course this is already happening in Texas. 61 days over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

Back on topic. I'm playing early on September 1st on Gamepass. Going to rock out to "Run to the Fields " by Xbot Maiden

kiphalfton

Probably never.

I still haven't beaten FO3 all the way through and haven't ever played:
- Fallout New Vegas
- Skyrim
- Fallout 4

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Steam Early Access baby! I'm taking a day off on friday. +1 CEST, so 3'o clock in the morning - probably popping a Modafinil to get in the zone.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Early access will play on PC using Gamepass.

I have a 3 day weekend coming up and felt it was the perfect time to play.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Whether or not I get my Steam key in time, I've got it on Xbox early access, too.

Razzy-

Very tempted to upgrade to the premium edition but my head says to wait for the reviews before deciding on it.

xX4thmanXx

Neo Member
Very tempted to just get an Xbox SX for this. Happened with Fallout 4. didn't care really until close to launch and then I got the itch. I'm there now. Even willing to go Early Access.... I have a problem

Sold my XSX in 2022 when games were dry and resale was still at MSRP. I’ll be playing Starfield whenever it drops on GeForce Now. For now, have enough to play between BG3, Sea of Stars and my constantly expanding backlog

Just got a 13 gig update on Starfield via the Xbox App on my PC. Make sure you all up to date. Also, if you pre-ordered the premium edition and you still see 6 days until unlock, make sure you switch to the premium edition, it should say 1 day and some hours.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Waiting for the dust to settle first. Probs a couple of weeks or end of September before I settle down with it.

clarky

Gold Member
I Have gamepass but im going early access Steam for this one. im away from home wuth piss poor internet and the windows store could really ruin my day.

Not taking any chances. 2 sleeps to go....

I wait till all patches and stuff was added. Maybe in 1.5 Years I think ist in a state where all bugs were sortet out and all the tweaks in gameplay, graphics and content were made.

Then I will play it.

pasterpl

1st September just after it unlocks in the UK. Then most of the weekend. and will try to put 2-4h every day after work in the following weeks. Will be playing on Xbox series x and my new PC.

Last edited:

PeteBull

I will wait patiently, need to be sure game holds stable 60fps on my rig and dont have too much trust in my old 8700k for now, gotta wait for techreviews and if its not enough then i will play it on new rig only:p

Last edited:
Probably never? My only console is a PS5 and my PC isn't remotely powerful enough to run Starfield at anything resembling decent settings. However, even if I had a high end PC or a Series, I still likely wouldn't play it. The type of game Starfield is just holds zero appeal to me. Exploration games don't whet my appetite at all, they always seem like a chore to play. Actually, there's nothing in the "traditional" Bethesda catalog that I'm really into. I'm more into the stuff from iD and Machinegames. I've never played any of the Fallout or TES games, they just don't resonate with me at all.

All that said though, I recognize this is a huge release for a lot of gamers and it's one of the most hotly anticipated games of the year, and I hope a lot of people have fun with it. I used to get crazy hyped for new Command & Conquer releases, so I can definitely respect the hype even if it's just not my thing and wouldn't be even if it were more accessible to me. Enjoy the game and make great memories!

Havoc2049

I wait till all patches and stuff was added. Maybe in 1.5 Years I think ist in a state where all bugs were sortet out and all the tweaks in gameplay, graphics and content were made.

Then I will play it.
With the Day 1 patch, Starfield will already be up to version 1.7.23. The most polished a Bethesda RPG has ever launched.

DonJorginho

Banned
Just bought the premium upgrade, I was going to buy the DLC anyway so having that and the 5 day early access along with the soundtrack is perfect to me.

6 september, paying more for 5 days early access and a maybe trash dlc (every bethesda dlc is short or trash) is not for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom