• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will you be playing STARFIELD?

When will you be playing STARFIELD?

• I am part of the early access crew (31 Aug/1 Sep)

• I will be playing on the official launch date (5 Sep/6 Sep)

• I will be playing at a later date

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neilg

BG3 on PS5 first, then I'll figure out how to get steam link to not run like shit on my TV and sink into starfield for a winter title.
Never doing a Bethesda game on launch day.

Last edited:
I literally just hit Act 2 in BG3 last night, so there's a 0% chance I'll be done with it by the early access launch.

Standard/Game Pass release for me.

Official launch on GP. I've only played past BGS RPGs for a bit but I'm going to truly give Starfield a chance to win my heart. If I'm not feeling it I'll just drop it for BG3.

I got street fighter 6, kof 15, pocket bravery and Sam Sho rollback coming soon. I'm set for a spell.

Last edited:

NeonDelta

Tuesday afternoon probably. Will be at my girlfriends from Friday evening till Sunday then we are going away for my birthday so should be back home Tuesday lunchtime. Might create my character Friday lunchtime,

Certinty

I don't have much interest in it but since it's on Game Pass, I'll give it a go at launch. I have to say though, from the clips i've seen recently it's looking more and more disappointing.

Kupfer

Probably in 5 to 10 years.
I'm not hyped at all and I don't have the hardware to play the game right now, but it will certainly be a nice game.
Also, I have no problem putting this game on the back burner for a few years to eventually buy the Complete Edition on Steam for cheap and play it on Steam Deck 2 / 3.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Probably not for a year or more, still waiting on the XBox to have enough exclusives I want to justify a purchase. There are a lot of games going on right now and through the end of the year, so not really feeling any FOMO on this one - it looks pretty cool but the hype is a bit much. I'll be curious to read reactions once the game has been in the wild a month or two and the honeymoon phase is over.

SiahWester

I cannot believe Microsoft is holding the game ransom for the labor day weekend lmfao. Not falling for it because my backlog is just ridiculous. I can have fun playing other games on my Steam Deck this weekend.

My hype is also pretty limited as I'm not sure if this game is even going to be playable on the Steam Deck. I have other computers to use, but I really want to play this on a handheld.

Will try to do early access for labor day - for other gamepass members, it's just the ~$30 one needs to pay to get the early access? Also I assume PC/Series X versions need to be bought separately

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Big Zuu Friday GIF

GymWolf

Friday for sure, Premium Edition is locked and (almost) loaded.

There’s no way I’m going to dodge footage and spoilers for a whole week.
You still have to avoid them dude, unless you play like 20 hours per day.

Some people are gonna rush this thing just to get views on their spoilery tweets and yt is gonna be full choke of mongoloids that thumbnail the final boss.

Last edited:

Bkdk

Early access on pc for sure. I’m one of the few who prefers fallout 4 than Witcher 3 after playing 50+ hours for both of them. Other than bugs that they probably don’t want it as well, BGS’s games are by far the most user friendly AAA games out there. Who the hell these days will give player a developer console and make games that are so moddable in the aaa industry anymore. Larian and cdpr are ways behind in terms of user friendliness for their games.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I paid for the early access and then planned a family trip that coincides with it, so while I will be playing a bit Thursday night, I won't really get to jump in in earnest until Tuesday

cormack12

Gold Member
6th, I couldn't justify the extra cash for early access. I rarely buy dlc/expansions and with Diablo having the 25% xp/gold weekend starting the 1st I'm hoping to close the first season off and then go into starfield clean :)

MarkMe2525

Feel like we’ve had this thread 3 times now.
But I’m waiting till the 6th. It’s Father’s Day this weekend so I likely won’t get time anyway.
I’d have considered it more if I knew anything about the expansion.

I got a 15gb update earlier. But I’d expect you’re right with another one or two before release though.
Just become a father before this weekend, and then you can celebrate the day by asking to be left alone.

Garibaldi

I'm off work this week. Got my key in steam ready to go. It's out at 1am the UK so a nice lie in on Friday, set the download away while I sort out a walk and grub for the dog. Should give me a few hours to play it before someone drags me away even though I've asked for some 'me' time for that one day.

Crayon

Going to have to wait a while. Hopefully I get a bonus of more post-release development for waiting. I've got armored core and crossfire to get to. I might be done with crossfire in just a weekend but I DON'T HAVE A WEEKEND. I don't have one lately, at least. And who knows how long armored core will take me unless I catch up on my bullshit and get a bunch of free time again.

reinking

Gold Member
Even though I bought the controller and headset (I ❤️ the design), I was not super hyped, just normal hyped. Some of you assholes pushed me over the edge and now I am jumping on early release and took Friday off of work. :messenger_sunglasses:

xBlueStonex

Been eagerly awaiting this since the teaser back in 2018. You best believe I'm playing it early access on my brand new 4090.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I was gonna hold out for a while because the no DLSS situation pissed me off so bad.

But as of last night, I'm part of the early access crew because I'm a zero-self-discipline pussy.

Danknugz

i'll check to see if there's any xp glitch like bethesda always allows before patching it out, get my guy up to max level, play a few quests super over powered and forget about it for a few months, then eventually come back to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom