• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the story behind your GAF AV & user name?

k1m1d4n

Hi.
So when psn launched I needed a username to use on my ps3.
At the time I was in relationship with a girl named Vanessa and I gave her a ring that said "Kimi o ai shiteru" which supposedly meant "I love you".
Mixed the 2 and got kimivan.
Later when I gave my ps3 to my nephew he got my account and I created a new one so we could game share. Trying to keep it similar I went with kimidan ( because my name is Daniel) and changed the vowels with number hence k1m1d4n. And I use almost everywhere.
Ironically my nephew never liked that Vanessa.

As for the avatar, it comes from the Naruto anime.
It's the seal that Naruto's father used to seal the nine tail fox inside him. The seal was open as it was so that Naruto could learn to use this energy and make it his.
I have it tattooed in my chest next to my heart, to remind me that I should never lock negative energy inside it. Everyone has a dark side that eats away at us and we should try and use this dark energy and turn it into something positive.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Hi.
So when psn launched I needed a username to use on my ps3.
At the time I was in relationship with a girl named Vanessa and I gave her a ring that said "Kimi o ai shiteru" which supposedly meant "I love you".
Mixed the 2 and got kimivan.
Later when I gave my ps3 to my nephew he got my account and I created a new one so we could game share. Trying to keep it similar I went with kimidan ( because my name is Daniel) and changed the vowels with number hence k1m1d4n. And I use almost everywhere.
Ironically my nephew never liked that Vanessa.

As for the avatar, it comes from the Naruto anime.
It's the seal that Naruto's father used to seal the nine tail fox inside him. The seal was open as it was so that Naruto could learn to use this energy and make it his.
I have it tattooed in my chest next to my heart, to remind me that I should never lock negative energy inside it. Everyone has a dark side that eats away at us and we should try and use this dark energy and turn it into something positive.
At least you didn't use 'Koshi Balls' as your PSN. I lost my ID for like 3 years as I'd been signed out. Surprised to see that my name from 2008 was 'Koshi Balls' and KB's still active today. Anyway, you have an excellent user name and it serves double if you capitalize the first letter and add an exclamation point to use as a secure password.

Last edited:

k1m1d4n

At least you didn't use 'Koshi Balls' as your PSN. I lost my ID for like 3 years as I'd been signed out. Surprised to see that my name from 2008 was 'Koshi Balls' and KB's still active today. Anyway, you have an excellent user name and it serves double if you capitalize the first letter and add an exclamation point to use as a secure password.
😱 I'll have to change my password now.... Thanks a lot..... you password guessing wizard ...

Top Bottom