• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best Arkane game? (Poll)

What's the best Arkane studios game?

• Arx Fatalis

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • Dishonored

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Dishonored 2

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • Dishonored death of the outsider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PREY

Votes: 75 38.5%
  • PREY Mooncrash

• Deathloop

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Their best game is yet to come

• I never asked for this

Votes: 10 5.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lognor

Banned
Prey is their best game. Dishonored is good, but forgettable. I can't even recall if I finished the first game. Prey stuck with me. I hope we get a sequel some day

Flabagast

Dishonored 2 is the most accomplished one in its purest form, that game is simply incredible. Prey is a close second.

Unfortunately gamers failed to support these 2 masterpieces, cornering Arkane into being forced developing shitty games and shitty safe concepts for the sake of its survival.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
dishonored
and I adore arkane.
and i hate redfall. i hate microsoft for ruining this company by having them make a botched copy of another coop clone game with the usual PLASTIC UNREAL engine 4 look that has red paint for blood and plastic material for enemies. watching that reveal hurt me personally

srsly, i hate microsoft

so, damn you microsoft. you're buying studios and forcing them to make games only for a tiny portion of userbase??? of course people will dissect starfield, redfall and such. why wouldn't they?

TO ADD to the INSULT, they have Arkane doing A STUPID COOP game. AS IF THERE WASN'T ENOUGH COOP GAMES TO BEGIN WITH. EVEN INDIE GAMES SUCH AS VALHEIM ARE MORE INTERESTING then this GENERIC STUFF. the reveal WAS GENERIC. no SENSE of creativity, the usual creatvitiy we see from ARKANE. it is clear that THEY'VE been directed by Microsoft to do a DUMB proof game that MOST FOLKS ... will like and consume. for the sake of "game pass!!"

this has been a rant. i love both xbox and ps. i also hate both of them. i also hate pc and love it at the same time. regardless of what happens: i was positive at first for Bethesda acquisition. i thought Msoft would just let them be and they'd make their great games for xbox only.

but now I see that this acqusition will BE A LOSS FOR ALL GAMERS!

I'M SURE now that ID TECH will be forced into making a "online doom shooter" with a jank 2 hr campaign attached to it. all those precious studios will be ruined by microsoft's online gaming greed.

Arkane has creative freedom. Like all MS Studios. Redfall and Deathloop is what they've always wanted to make
troll.png

yamaci17

Arkane has creative freedom. Like all MS Studios. Redfall and Deathloop is what they've always wanted to make
troll.png
thx
any citation or source?
maybe they went that direction so they knew msoft would give them more muneh? if so, its still directed by microsoft, indirectly.

Chukhopops

dishonored
and I adore arkane.
and i hate redfall. i hate microsoft for ruining this company by having them make a botched copy of another coop clone game with the usual PLASTIC UNREAL engine 4 look that has red paint for blood and plastic material for enemies. watching that reveal hurt me personally

srsly, i hate microsoft

so, damn you microsoft. you're buying studios and forcing them to make games only for a tiny portion of userbase??? of course people will dissect starfield, redfall and such. why wouldn't they?

TO ADD to the INSULT, they have Arkane doing A STUPID COOP game. AS IF THERE WASN'T ENOUGH COOP GAMES TO BEGIN WITH. EVEN INDIE GAMES SUCH AS VALHEIM ARE MORE INTERESTING then this GENERIC STUFF. the reveal WAS GENERIC. no SENSE of creativity, the usual creatvitiy we see from ARKANE. it is clear that THEY'VE been directed by Microsoft to do a DUMB proof game that MOST FOLKS ... will like and consume. for the sake of "game pass!!"

this has been a rant. i love both xbox and ps. i also hate both of them. i also hate pc and love it at the same time. regardless of what happens: i was positive at first for Bethesda acquisition. i thought Msoft would just let them be and they'd make their great games for xbox only.

I'M SURE now that ID TECH will be forced into making a "online doom shooter" with a jank 2 hr campaign attached to it. all those precious studios will be ruined by microsoft's online gaming greed.
You sure are angry but there’s zero evidence MS asked Arkane to do a coop shooter.

Well shit...I need to play prey...gamepass will do a world of good for their games. They are imo the best level designers out but no one but the hardcore buys their games. On gamepass they can get many many more ppl to appreciate what they do at a world class level.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
dishonored
and I adore arkane.

srsly, i hate microsoft

You really need to go outside man.

You think Redfall started development after the MS acquisition, had preproduction completed and had a game that was slated for 2022?

Do you also think MS forced Blizzard to make Overwatch 2 5v5?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
You sure are angry but there’s zero evidence MS asked Arkane to do a coop shooter.
Seriously there wouldnt have been time for MS to finalize the acquisition.
Then tell Arkane to make this specific game.

Arkane was already working on the game by the time the acquisition happened.
People think games go from preproduction to near shippable in 2 days?

The acquisition only happen a year ago.
No way Arkane start development in March 2021 and have a game ready by the end of 2022(that was the original release)

Mozzarella

For me its Prey > Dishonored 1 > Dishonored 2
All of those 3 are pretty good.

I never finished Dark Messiah and i played it long time ago so i dont remember much about it.
Arx Fatalis i never actually played it.

Prey is my favorite because of its setting, its more my type, i like space horror more.
Dishonored though seems to be more complete package than Prey so technically without my bias it could be the better game.
Dishonored 2 is also great but i didnt like the story itself, the lore was fine, i think Dishonored 2 has 2 of the best levels of all time in gaming; Crack in the Slab and the Clockwork Mansion.

All 3 are great underrated games.

I have yet to play Deathloop as well, but i doubt its going to surpass these.

Dishonored 2 is the most accomplished one in its purest form, that game is simply incredible. Prey is a close second.

Unfortunately gamers failed to support these 2 masterpieces, cornering Arkane into being forced developing shitty games and shitty safe concepts for the sake of its survival.
Sadly yeah, a lot of gamers dont give a flying fuck about Game design and Level design, most gamers care about attention to detail and graphics, like if your horse can shit (RDR2) or if when you shoot water you see particle effects, or some emotional movie cinematic story or something. Creativity and Level Design is taking a backseat sadly.
And by that i dont refer to gaming enthusiasts like us, people who visit forums and read gaming news, im talking about your average gamer you find on Youtube who's favorite video game is Naughty Dog and Rockstar games. And i'm not saying those are bad games, im saying those kind of people REFUSE to support or entertain the idea of these different game design choices.
At least im speculating about it, i could be wrong but everything i saw seems to be pointing towards that direction, either Cinematic AAA games with attention to deatil and graphic powerhouse with movie-like story, OR some Co-OP multiplayer time burning game with friends. The single player Immersive experiences is not highly valued.

Last edited:

Banned
Prey, by a mile.

Dishonored was great too, but Prey imo is on another level entirely... I still kinda can't believe that game actually exists in this day and age...

drganon

I've only played dishonored and prey, neither of which I particularly enjoyed. I voted prey for no other reason than I played it longer than dishonored before giving up.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
This one is a tough question but I would actually say they're very first game, Arx Fatalis.

I would file a crime report stating that there was never a sequel but I don't think that would hold up in court very well.

Nevertheless, it's another game without a sequel that more than deserved it.

My guess is maybe sometime in the future they'll remake it or reboot it but I'd rather have an actual sequel than a reboot. I'm sick of reboots and remakes. Just make sequels damn it.

Oh and as far as Prey goes, yeah great game and all but everyone's forgotten about the original 2006 game which in my opinion was better. The 2017 game was good though.

In fact I would try to go with a felony charge for Prey 2 being canceled but again that probably wouldn't hold up in court.

Last edited:
Dishonored 2 because of how much replay value it has having two protagonists with different powers. I still havent done a Corvo good guy playthrough after beating it the first time with vengeful Emily.

Last edited:

Josemayuste

I have yet to play Deathloop as well, but i doubt its going to surpass these.

I found myself in the same mindset before playing Deathloop, and while it isn't Arkane's best game IMO, it feels kind of an 'Arkane best hits' meaning that the sum of its parts might be individually refined from a previous design choice, it has PREY Mooncrash' roguelite elements, Dishonored's navigation and powers and PREYs gameplay depth and systemic gameplay, it's SO good.

Top Bottom