• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best Arkane game? (Poll)

What's the best Arkane studios game?

• Arx Fatalis

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • Dishonored

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Dishonored 2

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • Dishonored death of the outsider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PREY

Votes: 75 38.5%
  • PREY Mooncrash

• Deathloop

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Their best game is yet to come

• I never asked for this

Votes: 10 5.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josemayuste

art-of-arkane-slide-m.jpg

Arkane Studios is undoubtedly one of my favourite game developers, they shine on art style, level design, gameplay and I find their game's lore and themes to be deep, thoughtful and masterly crafted packed with interesting tibdits about its game universes that immerses the player even more into rich game worlds, I love Arkane Studios games, but, which of them all do you think is the better one, GAF?

Denton

For me a tie between Dishonored 2 and Prey, but I like Dishonored's world more so I voted for D2.

Deathloop was disappointing and Redfall is not looking much better (I will play it anyway).

Hopefully they will mange to create something as good as D2/Prey again in the future.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Prey which I'm including Mooncrash in.

Dishonored games are great though and Deathloop is good too.

kyussman

I love the universe they created for the Dishonored games......but I kind of want to say Prey.Some of those levels in Dishonored 2 though.....wow,incredible design.......very tough call.

graywolf323

for me it‘d be one of the Dishonored games, I voted the first one just to keep it tied with Prey for now :messenger_tongue:

one of the trophies/achievements I’m most proud of is having the Clean Hands/Ghost combo from a play through of Dishonored 1 :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

edit: well not surprised Prey is starting to run away with it, it’s definitely a fan favorite, I wish I enjoyed it more but I can’t stand horror :messenger_downcast_sweat: my threshold for scary stuff is Scooby-Doo :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Dishonored 1 but Prey is a close 2nd.

VN1X

Banned
I'm a huge Arkane stan so I pretty much enjoy everything they put out. Me and my gf even enjoyed Youngblood a ton and honestly couldn't see why it got such a bad reception. We bought it for like 6eu or something and got about 23 hours of playtime out of it so ya, maybe it's us who are out of touch lol.

Can't wait for Redfall!

yamaci17

dishonored
and I adore arkane.
and i hate redfall. i hate microsoft for ruining this company by having them make a botched copy of another coop clone game with the usual PLASTIC UNREAL engine 4 look that has red paint for blood and plastic material for enemies. watching that reveal hurt me personally

srsly, i hate microsoft

so, damn you microsoft. you're buying studios and forcing them to make games only for a tiny portion of userbase??? of course people will dissect starfield, redfall and such. why wouldn't they?

TO ADD to the INSULT, they have Arkane doing A STUPID COOP game. AS IF THERE WASN'T ENOUGH COOP GAMES TO BEGIN WITH. EVEN INDIE GAMES SUCH AS VALHEIM ARE MORE INTERESTING then this GENERIC STUFF. the reveal WAS GENERIC. no SENSE of creativity, the usual creatvitiy we see from ARKANE. it is clear that THEY'VE been directed by Microsoft to do a DUMB proof game that MOST FOLKS ... will like and consume. for the sake of "game pass!!"

this has been a rant. i love both xbox and ps. i also hate both of them. i also hate pc and love it at the same time. regardless of what happens: i was positive at first for Bethesda acquisition. i thought Msoft would just let them be and they'd make their great games for xbox only.

but now I see that this acqusition will BE A LOSS FOR ALL GAMERS!

I'M SURE now that ID TECH will be forced into making a "online doom shooter" with a jank 2 hr campaign attached to it. all those precious studios will be ruined by microsoft's online gaming greed.

Last edited:
Prey, but I’ve only played it and Dishonored 1. To be honest I didn’t like Dishonored as much as I thought I would when it came out. I like stealth games but something about the victorian aesthetic just doesn’t do it for me. Prey’s hard sci-fi setting is a lot more interesting to me.

I’ll likely give Deathloop a try whenever it comes to Xbox, but I heard it was rogue-like(or -lite or whatever you call it.), which I’m not really a fan of. I do at least appreciate Arkane making new IPs instead of pumping out sequels to one game, so I’m always up to at least give their stuff a try.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
I played arx fatalis back in the day when it first came out. Wonderful game(Microsoft please remake this game)
Dark Messiah too, fab game.
Like the dishonored games a lot too.

They really are a top-notch studio,

Still have prayed on my backlog.

Saying that, did not realize they made that Wolfenstein youngblood, is that the one with the obnoxious twins in it.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
System Shock 2 is my favorite game of all time, but it's Ken Levine game, not Harvey Smith, so I wouldn't consider Arkane descendants of the team that created it.
What do you mean?
Arkane made that System Shock 2 remake that came out in 2017.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I really love Dishonored 1 & 2 and all the DLCs except Death of the Outsider, but Prey is in a different class altogether. I so hope we get Prey 2 someday.

Ricardo Bare still works there so its possible. But in the meantime the closest thing we're getting is the System Shock remake.

Jennings

Out of all these Wolf Youngblood is the only one I enjoyed from beginning to end. But it's hard to credit them with that one since it was basically the same combat mechanics as its modern prequels, New Order and Old Blood.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Ricardo Bare still works there so its possible. But in the meantime the closest thing we're getting is the System Shock remake.

I can't wait for that game because I've never played it and it looks like the kind of game I will absolutely love.

Labadal

Dishonored comes first for me.

I wouldn't mind a new Dishonored. The same goes for Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah.

Last edited:

mxbison

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.

I don't know if there was a busted console version or something, but it's crazy how overlooked/underrated that game is.

Last edited:
Dishonored was great, but I feel it all came together for Prey and its all kinda unravelled since then.

Last edited:
Wait they did wolfenstein Youngblood??? That was… not my bag. I chose prey

EDIT: I liked dishonored but I actually prefer deathloop to dishonored as well - haven’t gotten thru dishonored 2 cus the frame rate feels weird on console

Last edited:
Top Bottom