• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the last game you played set in the city/country you live in?

How many times has a game been set in an area based off of the place you live?

• Once or twice

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • Up to a dozen

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Too many times to count

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Never

Votes: 34 37.0%

• Total voters

IKSTUGA

One of the levels in Resident Evil Revelations happens at an imaginary airport in Finland. I'm not sure if they mention Finland specifically, but the airport is called "Valkoinen Mökki", which means "white cabin" in Finnish. Stupid name for an airport BTW.

Last edited:
Forza Horizon 3

Forza 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
Forza Horizon
Gold Coast, Australia, so pretty much only Forza Horizon 3.
Forza Horizon 4. Going to one of the bigger landmarks in the game tomorrow actually.

It a very compressed version of a section of the UK with no real regard to the actual geography but some bits do line up perfectly and are easily recognisable.
I'm playing Forza Horizon 4 right now and it has an amazingly accurate feel to the setting. So many more games set in the UK. The one that really comes to mind is Everybody's Gone to the Rapture which is ridiculously accurate. That villages looks so much like the one I grew up in
Man, forza gets around

This bad boy right here, so so long ago now.

capsule_616x353.jpg
I would be proud to see my city depicted like this. The atmosphere in Sleeping Dogs was amazing

City: Microsoft Flight Simulator lol

Country: Gears 3, Overwatch, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, basically EVERY WWII game LOL, Wolfenstein (most of them), Forza 1/2/3/4/5/6/7, GranTurismo 1/2/3/4/5/6, every Formula 1 game... there are more but these are the ones from the top of my head

the last one I played would be Wolfenstein The new Order, as I recently started a new playthrough on PC
Man, I still can't tell where this is. Poland? Germany?

Only two come to mind for me (Flight Sim don't count!). Forza Horizon 3 & Project Gotham Racing 2. PGR2 was pretty sweet as it had some actual radio stations from Australia in it. Can't remember who, probably some shock jocks like Kyle & Jackie O.

Tschumi

Sekiro, I think.

This thread has made me realise just how few games are set in England, and now I’m a mixture of annoyed and upset.
judging by the guard's voices you have the Thief games, and Stronghold is a GOAT RTS... Robin Hood Commandos clone was pretty fun... Lords of the Realm in the 90s... Fable! Fable! Right? I mean it had the accents... but then again all games about Ancient rome seem to feature English accents... YOU COME FROM ANCIENT ROME!

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I was more than pleased when I get to Spain in Terranigma. Also does Street Fighter II count?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
fqsqf5vm1xwqstomeo3a.jpg

Progressive Field, Cleveland Ohio MLB The Show there’s many games in the country of USA though.

Wizz-Art

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway of course I didn't live through WWII but the architecture is spot on I must say.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Once. That was Resistance Fall of Man.

Never again will a major video game have levels set in the South West of England.

This thread has made me realise just how few games are set in England, and now I’m a mixture of annoyed and upset.
This thread has made me realize just how many games are set in the UK. Seriously, the English, Scottish (and some Irish, I guess) folk in this thread are relatively privileged.

Don't know about Wales though

Star-Lord

This thread has made me realize just how many games are set in the UK. Seriously, the English, Scottish (and some Irish, I guess) folk in this thread are relatively privileged.

Don't know about Wales though
Maybe I’m missing something - or several somethings - but apart from a few select missions I’m certain titles, there are barely any games set in the UK. Valhalla doesn’t count as that was the kingdom of the Anglo-Saxons. Legion is shit, so that doesn’t count either.

Maybe I’m missing something - or several somethings - but apart from a few select missions I’m certain titles, there are barely any games set in the UK. Valhalla doesn’t count as that was the kingdom of the Anglo-Saxons. Legion is shit, so that doesn’t count either.
Ah, I see.
I just checked out the wikipedia lists posted here and I see
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_the_United_Kingdom 199 listed games.

If we're deciding based on "quality", then yeah a lot of these games are disqualified. If recency is a factor then even fewer. If we exclude sports games then, sure, barely any, but still way more than most of rest of the world.
edit: nevermind

Last edited:
Top Bottom