• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What TV/subscription-network series are you into these days?

GeekyDad

My wife and I have been watching Endeavor the past few weeks. I watched the first two seasons years back when they first came out on PBS, and it was nice to go back to. But...it's kinda hit or miss after the first season and a half, I'd say. From the get-go it's all about sifting through the myriad of red herring they throw out throughout each episode, but we watch it for the experience. Great acting, gorgeous architecture and set pieces. Can't believe the extravagance of each episode. It kinda loses itself some episodes, though, in terms of story and dialogue. But then it will bounce back the next episode. I'm guessing that has to do with the fact almost each ep. is directed by someone different.

suX3F5e8XN9emrb52CQSwt2mRwx.jpg

And also been watching a lot of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It's mindless stupidity in a pretty satisfying way.

brooklyn-nine-nine-season-8.jpg

AJUMP23

Endeavour is really great. I did think the early seasons were much better than the later ones though.

I have been watching All Creatures Great and Small that has 2 seasons so far. I may go back and watch the season from the 70s. (Nevil from Harry Potter has a small part as a rich dude.) The lead actress is gorgeous.

I'm working though Better call Saw.

Only Murders in the Building, great first season, ok second season.

Rival

Gold Member
Hulu: Reservation Dogs is the best new US show no one seems to know about

Paramount+: 1883 Probably the best written and acted TV drama in the past five or so years
Both of these shows are top notch.

As for me I’ve been watching Suits on Peacock since about April and just started Season 8. It’s a great show but a little corny at times. Great characters.

Twin Peaks, Mr. Robot - Those are the TV shows that have a very special place in my heart, I can watch them at any point without needing the "mood" for it.
The Office, Parks & Recreation - These are simply for when I need a little bit of a boost for my overall mood.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I've only been watching this fool and the orville xD

I didn't much care for This Fool ep1. Does the main character grow some balls in ep2?

I wanted to like it because a writer friend sent me the suggestion and she really loves it, but I just couldn't get into it.

Star-Lord

Disney Plus: Daredevil, Desperate Housewives, Scrubs
Netflix: The Office US, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Stranger Things
Amazon Prime: The Grand Tour
Paramount+ : Star Trek Discovery, Yellowstone
BBC iPlayer: Doctor Who, Bodyguard, Line of Duty
NOW: Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon

She-Hulk- Surprised it's not bad. Been enjoying it alot. But hey I love Miss Marvel so there's that

House of The Dragon- Good show but it's so far not as great as Game of Thronea

American Horror Stories- Horrible season so far.

Nico_D

Watched Dexter seasons 1-4 + New Blood with my son. Liked it more than the first time. My son loved it. Tits and blood - what's there not to love?

Oh and New Blood was great. Some things could've been slowed down but all in all, an excellent return.

KrakenIPA

I watched The Orville episode 1 and 2 and 3. Its nice to see another wholesome scifi series, and it leaves me wanting to watch more. Im glad Disney+ has it.

Been watching Evil on Paramount plus. The first season has been an incredibly well-written funny/dramatic/unsettling Catholic X-Files. The characters and dialog are great, and as someone raised Christian, I love seeing the mythology used in a horror context.

Paramount Plus has the ad-supported version for $5 a month.. Paired with an ad-blocker, it's a good deal lol

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

Been watching Evil on Paramount plus. The first season has been an incredibly well-written funny/dramatic/unsettling Catholic X-Files. The characters and dialog are great, and as someone raised Christian, I love seeing the mythology used in a horror context.

Paramount Plus has the ad-supported version for $5 a month.. Paired with an ad-blocker, it's a good deal lol
I have been doing Paramount Plus so my Ma can watch the old movies from the 40s-50s-60s, she loves that stuff.

Disney
Only murders in the building season 2

Have amazon buy nothing to watch
Apple TV, same , nothing

Netflix
Waffles and Mochi 😂

Last edited:

Soodanim

I've been watching The Good Place, which I wouldn't have tried until I found it a number of the Parks & Rec producers/writers went on to do. It's one continuous story too, so it quite easily hooks you.

Outside of that, nothing new. Rewatching Scrubs and P&R because of the podcasts, and I've not long since finished running through Always Sunny again. It's all just such easy watching.

One not-strictly-comedy show that I also rewatched this year is a Kiwi show called The Almighty Johnsons. It's about a family of Norse God descendants who get their God powers at 21 but in a weaker form. The whole tone of the show is very casual in the sense that it doesn't feel like a tight, Americanised script, it's like people actually talk to each other. It's only 3 seasons and I recommend anyone who can find it give it a try. It was on Amazon Prime Video (UK) last I checked, and not many other places.

GeekyDad

We finished up the last available season of Endeavor on Prime, and tried Grantchester. No, no, no, no, no...yeesh. I barely made it through a single episode. It's not bad per se, but I think it's meant for a younger audience (teens/early 20s).

Top Bottom