• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What old gaming franchises would you like to see come back?

Varteras

Gold Member
Legend of Dragoon
Chrono
Knights of the Old Republic
Resistance
Silent Hill
Ninja Gaiden
Kameo
Conker
Twisted Metal
Parasite Eve
Dino Crisis
Wing Commander
Star Fox
Colony Wars
Power Stone
Virtua Fighter
Bloody Roar
Primal Rage
Darkstalkers

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
images

daclynk

Golden Sun
Eternal Darkness
Dino Crisis
Wave Race
F- Zero
The Conduit
Red Steel
Legend of the Dragoon
Soul Revere
PowerStone
Onimusha
EA Big (SSX, NBA Street and for the love a god, make NHL Street)
House of the Dead
Alone in the Dark
Star Fox
Ninja Gaiden

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Onimusha
Max Payne
Bioshock
Silent Hill
Shinobi
Golden Axe
Parasite Eve
Dino Crisis
PowerStone
Bushido Blade
Virtua Fighter
Vagrant story
Final Fantasy tactics
Suikoden

Sonic ( 2D )
Sonic Adventure 3
More Pikmin
Capcom Vs - SNK / Xmen /Marvel with old school graphics
Street Fighter Alpha series
Rival Schools
Dark Stalkers
Jak n Daxter
Viewtiful Joe
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
No one lives forever
Kotor 3
Dynamite Cop 3
Dark Saviour

Real Sequel to Okami

And my favourites:

Guardian Heroes
Shining Force 4
Golden Sun
CastleVania Symphony of the night style
Earthbound
Panzer Dragoon RPG

Jet Set Radio
Samba De Amigo

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Some games manage to come back but let’s see some fresh games old games don’t occupy my mind.

Reindeer

- Alan Wake
- Bioshock (I wouldn't mind a remake)
- Burnout
- Condemned (second was the best psychological horror I ever played)
- Half Life (proper non VR sequel)
- Max Payne (but only if it's made by Sam Lake)
- Project Gotham Racing
- Splinter Cell
- Wipeout

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny you should say Zool, I loved Zool. My father took my airing cupboard door off back then, I thought he was replacing the door but he'd spent a week whilst in downtown at his work hand painting Zool on it. It was brilliant.

It's still in my old room to this day. If I ever have to give the house up it'll come with me.

7jTqejN.jpg
Now this is awesome!! Good memories ❤

dave_d

Besides things others have mentioned (Shinobi, Phantasy Star, Golden Axe) I'd love to see a modern take on Strider. I mean I know we got Strider as a 2D game on PS4 but I'd love to see a 3d version of it and maybe more in line with the NES version action/adventure sort of game instead of an arcade type game. Admittedly I'm guessing the game it would most resemble would be BOTW or Assassins Creed since you'd be able to climb stuff like crazy.

Tony Hawk
Burnout
SSX
Jak and Daxter

Not a series but linear games with set levels/areas as I’m burned out on open world stuff.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Advance Wars
:messenger_crying:
I hear ya. In fact, there was a leak last year that looked at 2021 and beyond. In the leak, it mentioned the Pokémon remake, Pokémon Snap and Mario Golf before they were announced. I’ve been sitting and watching the list to see what comes out and what doesn’t, and at this point it’s been fairly accurate. The reason why I bring this up is because Advance Wars is listed as 2022 and beyond. I’m really hoping this list holds true and isn’t crap.

turtlepowa

Banned
Oh my God, there's actually a second person who knows Blake Stone in this world, I finally found it!

Aliens of Gold is my first fps ever, played it as a 4yo kid lol, love that game so much, also responsible, with Wolfenstein 3d and Duke Nukem 3d, for my eternal love for fps games
Oh, also, Duke Nukem deserves a return, and Viewtiful Joe too
Yeah, a demo disc came with my printer early 90s and i instantly loved it. I often have to think about a remake or remaster. Also made me love all build engine games and i enjoyed Ion Fury too.
My man.

So glad to see it on someone's list. I'd say the same.

Fuck it give me the whole bullfrog and lion head remasters bring syndicate dungeon keeper black and white bring them all.
To this day i play DK1 + 2 every few years and yeah Bullfrog was one of the best.

Top Bottom