• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Made Sonic Unleashed So Great

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The long awaited Sonic Unleashed Review has finally arrived! People have speculated on what I actually think of this relatively divisive game. Well, the wait is over, because I love Sonic Unleashed and I am here to tell you why!

Codes 208

I have no idea who this J guy is, but I would argue that Unleashed is one of the underrated sonic games due to the somewhat meh night levels (but the day levels are spot-on and brought modern sonic gameplay to its peak)

SpiceRacz

The bar for Sonic was so low by this point. That's the only reason I can see why people enjoyed this game.

RagnarokIV

05EFCEC14E551987AB8FA801C02A9D110A22CD2C

cireza

1 hour video ? lol

Unleashed has by far the best level-design the series ever had for modern "boost" Sonic. The levels are a blast to go through, incredibly well designed, excellent difficult curve and increasing length as well. Some the vistas are fantastic. The visuals were jaw dropping when it released. We are still stuck at the same level in terms of visuals, by the way. And this was a 360 game... Having it at 60fps on Xbox is a godsend.

There was already a pretty big quality loss in level-design in that regard in Generations. Forces is fun but level-design is non-existent. Frontiers ? Ahahah lol.

Werehog was fine, not great, not bad. Walking on beams sucked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom