• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the current top 15 ps5 game library for someone coming for PS4 pro ?

Hi, PS4 pro owner hère.
Havn't touched my console since approx. 1 year.
Havn't played the last Big releases on PS4 (last of us part 2, GOT mainly) because i wanted to play them on pristine condition and when i buy a New console online to have a beefy library.

Indications :
- i like a diversity of games, not fixed under particular games

- games that i liked a lot on PS4 :
* Rise of the tombe raider
* shadow of the Colossus
* Darkest dungeon
* Detroit
* Uncharted 4
* life is strange
* abzu
* inside
* the last guardian
* until dawn
* Gow
* devil may cry 5
* horizon zero dawn
* dead cells
* little Hope
* bloodborne
* Titanfall 2
* Resident evil 2
* nier automata
* street fighter 5

So what do you think a top 15 library ps5 would look like for a New owner liké me who jumps late into the generation ?

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Returnal, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Final Fantasy XVI, and Baldur's Gate 3. Pretty much everything else I've enjoyed runs on a PS4.

Last edited:
Here's a list of current gen only games I've enjoyed so far a great deal: Returnal (GOTG for me so far), Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, The Last of Us Part 1, Remnant II (my GOTY so far), A Plague Tale Requiem, Demon's Souls, FF7R Intergrade, Dead Space Remake and Star Wars: Jedi Survivor. Rest of the top tier games can be played on the PS4 Pro as well since they're cross-gen.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
All these games have been amazing experiences on the PS5

Returnal
Gran Turismo 7
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Spider-Man Remastered
God of War Ragnarok
TLOU Part 1
Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island DLC
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
Deathloop (some don't like it but I had a great time!)
FF7 Remake & Intergrade DLC
Dead Space Remake
Neon White
Elden Ring
Hogwarts Legacy

Now a lot of these are cross gen don't get me wrong, but the difference in experience from PS4/Pro to PS5 is night and day, you'll have the best possible playing experience on these consoles, perfect time to get one with Sony clearing stocks of the old models before the Slim that isn't really Slimmer.

BlackTron

I really thought I'd have PS5 by now but since they started porting games to PC. A PS4 Pro and 3070 has made Astro seem like the most compelling reason to get it. PSVR2 also ended up not being the no-brainer headset to buy that I expected.

Don't get me wrong I'm not on any kind of conquest against PS5 they just keep making moves that make it easy for me to calmly wait and see about a new model without sweating it. Near the beginning of the gen I didn't want to wait but forced myself, now it doesn't seem like a big deal. I recognize the reasons for their success but find the PC strategy questionable for long-term.

DeepSpace5D

“Havn't played the last Big releases on PS4 (last of us part 2, GOT mainly) because i wanted to play them on pristine condition and when i buy a New console online to have a beefy library”

Because of this line, I’m assuming newer crossgen titles and later PS4 titles can be listed if they have enhancements on PS5. And your PS4 list has a number of third-party titles as well, so it looks like you just want a definitive list regardless where they come from. On that criteria, a list could look something like:

Returnal
Demon’s Souls Remake
Elden Ring
Gran Turismo 7
Final Fantasy VIIR: Intergrade
Horizon: Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnarok
Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
The Last of Us: Part II
Death Stranding: Director’s Cut
Spider-Man Remastered+Miles Morales
Final Fantasy XVI
Street Fighter 6
It Takes Two

You could swap in and out other remakes depending on your personal preference, such as Dead Space remake or RE4. Also, you mentioned Uncharted 4 but not Lost Legacy. That one is worth a playthrough as well, and the 120fps mode on PS5 feels great. You could also play TLoU: Part I remake if you want to check it out with a new coat of paint.

You also get Astro’s Playroom included which could be on anyone’s personal top 15. I just didn’t include it because it’s a freebie, but it’s 100% worth playing.

Armored Core VI probably deserves a mention although I haven’t tried it myself yet, and Baldur’s Gate 3 by all accounts seems to be worthy of a top spot, although it’s technically not released for another four days.

That’s not to mention any number of indies that could be in anyone’s top list. Hades, Stray, Kena, Sifu, Chicory, F.I.S.T, Disco Elysium.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
The only PS5 games I've played are:

Gran Turismo 7 VR (God tier)
Horizon 2 (Okay tier)
Horizon Mountain (Good tier)
Final Fantasy XVI (Good tier)
Ratchet and Clank (Great tier)
Elden Ring (Isn't really a PS5 game, Boring as fuck tier)
Armored Core VI (Great tier)
Astro (Good for the 1 hour long it takes to beat tier)

I got my PSV basically at launch. Barely any games have come out on it that I've wanted. The only one that really felt like a PS5 game was Ratchet (and Astro to a lesser degree). Otherwise, my most played game on it is FFXIV, which is a PS3 game essentially.

Here is what i appreciate about it:

- Those loading times
- Remote play
- The promise of PS2VR (Needs more games though)

I fucking love the remote play features, especially with a Backbone.. I get to play my PS5 while my wife is watching Suits on Netflix, and that makes both me and her happy.

It's insane to be able to afford a PS5 but choose to stay on PS4 PRO instead.

There's literally nothing on PS4 that isn't better on PS5. Then there are ps5 exclusives you cant get on ps4, many ps5 versions of ps4 games, fast loading, and the Dual Sense controller.

I don't understand the mentality of "i'm gonna wait half the generation for more exclusives before upgrading". You've been missing out on a better experience for 3 years.

Anyway- demons souls, spiderman/Miles Morales, ratchet, Gran Turismo 7, forbidden West, gow ragnarok, cyberpunk 2077/witcher 3, LoU 1 and 2, ghost of tsushima, death stranding, dead space remake/re4 remake, re8 village, elden ring at 60 fps, metro exodus with RT global illumination, jedi survivor w/ RT gi, matrix demo, ff 7 remake/ff16, callisto protocol, hogwarts legacy, gta 5 next gen, plague Tale Requiem, days gone 60 fps, stray, returnal, nioh 2, monster hunter world at 60 fps, dark souls 3 60 fps, sekiro 60 fps, far cry 6 60 fps, doom eternal w/rt

And a bunch more that are better on ps5

AmuroChan

Are there even 15 non-crossgen titles yet?
Genuine question.

Yes, if you include 3rd party.

Returnal
Rift Apart
Astro's Playroom
Destruction All Stars
Demon's Souls
Dead Space
FF 16
Ghostwhire Tokyo
Deathloop
TLOU Part 1 Remake
Gotham Knights
Hell Let Loose
Jedi Survivor
Forspoken
Baldur's Gate 3

coffinbirth

Yes, if you include 3rd party.

Returnal
Rift Apart
Astro's Playroom
Destruction All Stars
Demon's Souls
Dead Space
FF 16
Ghostwhire Tokyo
Deathloop
TLOU Part 1 Remake
Gotham Knights
Hell Let Loose
Jedi Survivor
Forspoken
Baldur's Gate 3
You did what I didn't want to do, so I thank you. That being said, Jedi Survivor is like Hogwarts Legacy in that it's a crossgen title that released on current platforms before last gen consoles. Likely for extra shoehorning time. Luckily, things seem to have FINALLY started looking up, 2023 is a crazy year for games!

How is this thread not deleted for trolling?
This made me lmao the most all day. Cheers

I also have a list going of games that will convince me to jump to ps5. So far its only like 5 games and most of them arent even out yet.. stuff like RoboCop, Space Marines 2, new Tomb Raider, Witcher4, I think there's a new indiana jones in the works.

What got me to even get a ps4 was Deus Ex MD because I loved HR so much. But after that it opened up a world of other awesome things like video & screenshotting, shareplay, friend partys, external storage, and the new graphics of course. And dualshock4 is way better.

For ps5, looking forward to ssd loading times, quick resume, air fryer for snacks, if the dualsense is all the rage, and whatever else I'm missing. Wow different color faceplates..

“Havn't played the last Big releases on PS4 (last of us part 2, GOT mainly) because i wanted to play them on pristine condition and when i buy a New console online to have a beefy library”

Because of this line, I’m assuming newer crossgen titles and later PS4 titles can be listed if they have enhancements on PS5. And your PS4 list has a number of third-party titles as well, so it looks like you just want a definitive list regardless where they come from. On that criteria, a list could look something like:

Returnal
Demon’s Souls Remake
Elden Ring
Gran Turismo 7
Final Fantasy VIIR: Intergrade
Horizon: Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnarok
Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
The Last of Us: Part II
Death Stranding: Director’s Cut
Spider-Man Remastered+Miles Morales
Final Fantasy XVI
Street Fighter 6
It Takes Two

You could swap in and out other remakes depending on your personal preference, such as Dead Space remake or RE4. Also, you mentioned Uncharted 4 but not Lost Legacy. That one is worth a playthrough as well, and the 120fps mode on PS5 feels great. You could also play TLoU: Part I remake if you want to check it out with a new coat of paint.

You also get Astro’s Playroom included which could be on anyone’s personal top 15. I just didn’t include it because it’s a freebie, but it’s 100% worth playing.

Armored Core VI probably deserves a mention although I haven’t tried it myself yet, and Baldur’s Gate 3 by all accounts seems to be worthy of a top spot, although it’s technically not released for another four days.

That’s not to mention any number of indies that could be in anyone’s top list. Hades, Stray, Kena, Sifu, Chicory, F.I.S.T, Disco Elysium.
Great answer. Thanks.

It's insane to be able to afford a PS5 but choose to stay on PS4 PRO instead.

There's literally nothing on PS4 that isn't better on PS5. Then there are ps5 exclusives you cant get on ps4, many ps5 versions of ps4 games, fast loading, and the Dual Sense controller.

I don't understand the mentality of "i'm gonna wait half the generation for more exclusives before upgrading". You've been missing out on a better experience for 3 years.

Anyway- demons souls, spiderman/Miles Morales, ratchet, Gran Turismo 7, forbidden West, gow ragnarok, cyberpunk 2077/witcher 3, LoU 1 and 2, ghost of tsushima, death stranding, dead space remake/re4 remake, re8 village, elden ring at 60 fps, metro exodus with RT global illumination, jedi survivor w/ RT gi, matrix demo, ff 7 remake/ff16, callisto protocol, hogwarts legacy, gta 5 next gen, plague Tale Requiem, days gone 60 fps, stray, returnal, nioh 2, monster hunter world at 60 fps, dark souls 3 60 fps, sekiro 60 fps, far cry 6 60 fps, doom eternal w/rt

And a bunch more that are better on ps5
I get your point but my problem is that i've been shifted since PS3.
Bougth PS3 slim 2+ year into the generation
Bougth PS4 pro (and skipped base PS4).

So for me i''ve been a mid generational console gamer for the last 13 years if that makes any sense.

Oh and i've been a little burned by Dreamcast that i've bougth at launch.

Last edited:

killatopak

RE3 RE Village RE4. That should get you covered since you‘ve only played until RE2.

The others already gave great answers.

Highly recommend Dead Space, Signalis and the Faith trilogy for your horror needs. They all primary play the same as resident evil. One being modern RE while the other plays like classic RE and the last plays like a mix of classic and light gun like RE Gun Survivor.

DaGwaphics

I'm not sure if there are 15 next-gen only games yet, it's basically the same library as the one you currently have access to. 🤷‍♂️

It's been a bit of a slow start for the generation.

Lunarorbit

Looking forward to dead space remake

Both newer RE games are great if you haven't played them on ps4.

Hogwarts will play a lot smoother on ps5

Honestly, almost all the titles I've played on my ps5 can be played on last gen.

Fbh

Current gen is mostly about playing last gen games with nicer visuals, performance and faster loading.

Then you have the first batch of current gen only games which don't present any new gameplay but do have nice graphics at (almost) locked 60fps

Then you have the current batch of current gen only games which don't present any new gameplay but run at 720p 45-60 fps

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ps5 has different games like Sackboy, GT7, ghosts etc. and I understand you can get those on ps4 pro.

Returnal for sure. I don’t like roguelikes but it’s just a great game with some of the best and tightest controls I’ve ever played.

Also not a PS5 game, but playing Monster Hunter World on a PS5 is amazing. The shorter load times alone are worthwhile.

Oh and Astro’s Playroom is the best game on PS5, period. And it’s a pack-in.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Rift Apart
Returnal
FF16 (haven't played but looks great)
Ghost of Tsushima

Primarily play PS4 games from my huge PSN+ backlog.

Perrott

Gold Member
Hi, PS4 pro owner hère.
Havn't played the last Big releases on PS4 (last of us part 2, GOT mainly) because i wanted to play them on pristine condition and when i buy a New console online to have a beefy library.

Indications :

* shadow of the Colossus
* Darkest dungeon
* Detroit
* Uncharted 4
* life is strange
* abzu
* inside
* the last guardian
* until dawn
* Gow
* devil may cry 5
* horizon zero dawn
* dead cells
* little Hope
* bloodborne
* Titanfall 2
* Resident evil 2
* nier automata
* street fighter 5

So what do you think a top 15 library ps5 would look like for a New owner liké me who jumps late into the generation ?
All of these are, from my point of view, must-play PS5 games:

2020:
  • Astro's Playroom
  • Demon's Souls
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
2021:
  • Death Stranding Director's Cut
  • Deathloop
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
  • Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Returnal
2022:
  • Elden Ring
  • God of War: Ragnarök
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Horizon: Forbidden West
  • Sifu
  • The Last Of Us Part I
2023:
  • Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
  • Baldur's Gate III
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Street Fighter 6
You really can't go wrong with any of these, unless you happen to despise the franchise/genre for any particular reason.

Virex

Banned
Hi, PS4 pro owner hère.

Indications :

* shadow of the Colossus
* Darkest dungeon
* Detroit
* Uncharted 4
* life is strange
* abzu
* inside
* the last guardian
* until dawn
* Gow
* devil may cry 5
* horizon zero dawn
* dead cells
* little Hope
* bloodborne
* Titanfall 2
* Resident evil 2
* nier automata
* street fighter 5

What is the current top 15 ps5 game library for someone coming for PS4 pro ?​

Your PS4 games.

Roni

Gold Member
Cyberpunk 2077 is at the top imho.

Especially with the big update releasing in less than a month
Probably one of the few titles that is available for last generation that will be substantially different with 2.0 and Phantom Liberty.

Top Bottom