• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What GPU generation do you have

Which generation is your Graphics Card?

• Total voters

Redefine07

i5-13500 and RTX 3060Ti , wanted to upgrade for a RTX 4070 , but I guess I'll wait for 5xxx series. DLSS4 more fake frames.

Corian33

My 1080 still rocking along for most of my PC gaming needs. Though my rig does struggle some with a lot of newer games. I’m bottlenecked by my CPU and can’t upgrade it without getting a new motherboard too.

Debating whether to build a new desktop or go the gaming laptop route. Gonna do or the other by the end of the year.

I use my PS5 for the more graphics intense games.

Last edited:

lachesis

GTX 970. Obviously I'm not too into PC gaming other than some JRPGs - so it's been working out so far.
However it's high time for me to upgrade... that it seems to be struggling more so recently. (work wise)
3930k at 4.0ghz OC, 32gb Ram, SATA SSDs.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Yay, 50 people have an old shitter like me

cWW2KhC.jpg

My GTX 970 will live forever!

Solidus_T

I have a 3090 FE. It's the only Nvidia card I have owned aside from my last notebook. I usually go for AMD, but it was just too hard to find any GPUs in stock back when I got it.

TylerD

Upgraded my i5 2500k OC'd to 4.4, 24 GB ram, SSD, GTX 960 machine to a GTX 1070 for Diablo 4. Great deal I think for $130 shipped. I'll be good for a couple more years (of mainly Diablo 4)!

Last edited:
Evga 3060ti rtx in main rig.
PNY 1650 super in backup rig
PNY 1060 gtx in older backup rig.

Had a evga 2060, then upgraded to 3060ti for $80. rip evga, your step up program and thoughtful queue during covid was best in the biz.

For my 1080p monitor, the 3060ti is amazing. Even at 1440p I get north of 60fps. I down clock it and throttle the speed over a certain temp. Do not care about 144hz refresh that my monitor has. 60+ is plenty, with max graphics.

Raploz

AMD RX 570 4GB. It's good enough for my needs since I don't play often on the computer. When I do, I tend to play older games, like 6th or 7th gen era racing games or emulate old consoles. The most modern game I have on PC is Watch Dogs 2.

ShadowLag

RX 5700 XT.

I nabbed it right before the entire world went to complete shit, so it was normally priced.

It still crushes pretty much everything at 1440p high/ultra, but I'm totally excluded from the AI and ray tracing club.

bobone

ASrock AMD 6900XT.
Picked it up last year on newegg for $499.
Couldn't be happier considering how terrible the 40 series is turning out to be.

Gp1

Still rocking with my 1060. Playing old, small games, Dota 2 and i have a huge backlog, so no problem.

Given what Nvidia did with the 4060 and their disregard with their gaming GPUs, i think I'll jump to the red side of the fence. Probably a 7700 xt or something similar

Still hugging my 3090 over here. It handled Hogwarts Legacy like a champ and should have no issues with Diablo IV.

It's nice to see that no matter how loud the tiny AMD minority are on places like here and Reddit, a tiny insignificant meaningless minority they remain. The louder the minority on the Internet, the smaller they actually are.

Last edited:

Nfactor_AF

Neo Member
Upgraded from a RTX 2070 (bought in Nov 2018 for $575) to a RTX 4090 (bought in Dec 2022 for $1,745 that's w/tax of course got my 4090 for msrp $1,599 Gigabyte Windforce model)
I game at 4K/60 to 4K/120 depending on the game. I love it and it's been great. Do I wish it was cheaper to get almost 300%+ more performance? Of course I do. But I wanted to game at 4K with new games for a few years to come.

Besides all the bullshit that Nvidia and AMD have pulled, I knew with how long this crossgen period lasted, that the base standard for videogame graphics jumping up was gonna hit like a brickwall and I was right, so I stretched and bought the right graphics card. In my opinion I made the right purchase.

Still rocking a 1070 here. Getting a bit long in the tooth but it still plays a good chunk of the games I like to play and GPU pricing was way too high to even consider upgrading.

Schmendrick

RTX 3080
Still waiting for games that actually makes good use of that level of GPU at 1440p.
So far there is only CP2077 Overdrive.

Last edited:
I'll try to remember and list all my cards over the years.

S3 Trio 64
S3 Savage 4
GeForce FX 5200
GeForce 6800 (this one I remember well, it was my first and only passive cooling card, weird thing, ran extremely hot but no fans)
GeForce 7800
Radeon HD 4850
Radeon R9 280X
GeFroce GTX 980Ti
RTX 2080 Super

I think I'll skip the 4000s.
Didn't know the geforce 6800 came with a passive for a high end card. I had the 6800 as well back then, had a mermaid on the fan cooler. Thing was awesome as you could unlock the cores to make it a ultra equivalent by a bios hack. Made oblivion, half life 2, nwn2, etc... amazing back then. Until 8800gts stole it's place.

The only cards with passive cooling I ever owned was a oak svga 1mb card, voodoo 3 and Radeon (which I sold for a geforce 3, that defenitly had a fan). I think even low end cards now don't have passive cooling.

Top Bottom