• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What GPU generation do you have

Which generation is your Graphics Card?

• Total voters

winjer

Gold Member
I'm curious to know how people have adapted to the current GPU market. What does the Gaf community uses to play games.
So my question is which generation is your Graphics Card?

People can be more specific to the model they own in the comments.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Have been playing recently mostly on an Alienware 13700 KF 4080 R15 prebuilt and super impressed with it as it runs pretty close to my 7950x 4090 custom system on 1440p ultrawide

hinch7

RTX 4000 (Ada LL). Recently upgraded to a 4070Ti, coming from a 1070. Its a massive jump in performance and get to play around with a load of new RTX features I missed out on; from skipping a few generations.

Last edited:
Have been playing recently mostly on an Alienware 13700 KF 4080 R15 prebuilt and super impressed with it as it runs pretty close to my 7950x 4090 custom system on 1440p ultrawide

How's Alienware nowadays? I always worry about the lifespan of pre-built Gaming PC, since I would like to have a good 10 years on my rig

Senua

Pascal baby, GTX 1080p, does what it says on the tin. no reason to upgrade just yet for me considering this gen shat the bed for mid-range

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Pretty sure I now have the Boomer generation of GPUs!

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
How's Alienware nowadays? I always worry about the lifespan of pre-built Gaming PC, since I would like to have a good 10 years on my rig
I tried an R13 about 2 years back and it ran hot and very loud but this R15 stays very cool and super quiet even under heavy loads, I am super impressed by it.

And having picked it up as an open box buy from Best Buy for $2200 I don't see where people could do much better for a 4080 system

Guwop

Neo Member
Does anyone know why I can't vote on polls? Is it because I'm still a new member?

Anyway I'm still rocking a GTX 1070

EbeneezerGoode

Neo Member
6700XT which I MASSIVELY overpaid for about 2 years ago. £750!!!

However, I funded it by selling my 5700 non-XT for £720! I had only had it about 6 months and paid £300 originally.

6700XT is a great card that is more than capable if you have no interest in RT. I wont be upgrading it until the next gen of cards.

PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil and a Ryzen 3700X.

Don't gonne upgrade in the next few years. Why should I? I barely play on my PC.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Leather jacket man has got plenty of my money over the years. I’ve been buying their cards since I bought a GeForce 4 to play morrowind. Currently have a 4090 and love it.

//DEVIL//

I can understand if you have Anything below the 3000 series and what is its equivalent in AMD if PC is not your main platform ( maybe 2080s or 2080ti)

But if your PC is the main platform... need to upgrade bud asap.

anyway. 4090 here and loving it.

Last edited:

Banned
a 3060ti

I hope the RTX50 series will have some good mid range cards again :/ or that Intel Battlemage will actually kick some ass and have matured drivers on launch

smbu2000

I don’t have a gpu in my desktop at the moment as I am still putting together my system (7800x3d) and I will pick something up next month.
My gaming laptop has a 3080ti (16GB).

Quasicat

I bought a GeForce 4300 (I think) in 2009, which is showing its age. I can play Fallout New Vegas on it, but not very well. New Vegas runs better on my Series X, so that’s how I play anything newer.
My job evolved from pen and paper to computers over time and I hated playing on my PC after working at a computer all day. I’m now entrenched into consoles, I’m not sure I really want to go back.

Smiggs

I've got a 3080, would like to upgrade to a 5080 once they come out, assuming they cost a little closer to the 3080 MSRP (let me live in my ignorance on this, dammit).

If they keep the asinine pricing the 4080 has, though (which they will...) I may go for a 5090--but that's so hard to justify paying as much for a GPU as the rest of the damn system. Fuck nvidia.

Smiggs

I have a 3080 ti, don't feel like I'm getting the most out of it with my 9700k cou though.
I feel the exact same way. And mine runs damn hot even under an AIO, so there is no headroom for overclocking. Playing the next gen patch for The Witcher 3 almost made me build a new system. :ROFLMAO:

Ulysses 31

Usually the latest and this gen is no exception, 4090.

Though this time I might skip the 4090TI if it's only ~10% faster again than the 4090.

Still hanging onto a 1070. Wanted to buy a 3070 but mining happened and now with the only really interesting 40 series cards being above 1K maybe I'll keep hanging onto this card until it dies.

SolarFry

I'll try to remember and list all my cards over the years.

S3 Trio 64
S3 Savage 4
GeForce FX 5200
GeForce 6800 (this one I remember well, it was my first and only passive cooling card, weird thing, ran extremely hot but no fans)
GeForce 7800
Radeon HD 4850
Radeon R9 280X
GeFroce GTX 980Ti
RTX 2080 Super

I think I'll skip the 4000s.

Last edited:

Bojji

The 9700K is around on par with a R5 5600 for gaming. Its totally fine for a 3080Ti.

It isn't

But this doesn't mean it isn't fine enough. But some games (like Jedi survivor) will murder any CPU, my 5800x3d isn't always above 50fps.

On topic: Ada Lovelace - 4070

I had 7600GT, 8800GS, 6850, gtx480, 7970, gtx680, GTX 770, 290X, GTX 980ti, GTX 1070, RTX 2060S, RTX3070..... RX5700XT, 3060ti, RX6800, 4070

Most gens covered up.

Last edited:

Banned

Alienware are among the worst PCs you can buy basically... aside from normal DELL PC, those are even worse at times.

depending on where you live you should just look for a good PC (online) store that uses off the shelve parts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom