• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you playing...?

F.Be@PSG

B0009A4EV2.01-AIGI2YLZJE0LN._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B000A2R54M.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B000A5K5MI.01-AIGI2YLZJE0LN._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And FFXII demo, of course.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
DarknessTear said:
You're a Wild Arms fan, aren't ya?

Yeah, you're going to LOVE Wild Arms 4. Absolutely awesome. Easily the best in the series and is just a lot of fun to play. Even simple field map navigation is a blast (controls like a dedicated platformer) and the new battle system is loads of fun (and 10000x better than the previous games).

dark10x said:
You're a Wild Arms fan, aren't ya?

Yeah, you're going to LOVE Wild Arms 4. Absolutely awesome. Easily the best in the series and is just a lot of fun to play. Even simple field map navigation is a blast (controls like a dedicated platformer) and the new battle system is loads of fun (and 10000x better than the previous games).

I'm a big fan of the first one. I played some of WA4, I was fairly impressed by the graphics, the cutscenes were nicely executed as well. I can't wait to play it in English (I only played about 1 hour into the game) I own the Jap and English version of every game in the series so I had to try WA4 at least once. The only problems I have are that there is no more world map travel and that there are no permanent tools for characters... as far as I've seen. Oh, does equipment return? I can't remember.

dark10x

DarknessTear said:
I'm a big fan of the first one. I played some of WA4, I was fairly impressed by the graphics, the cutscenes were nicely executed as well. I can't wait to play it in English (I only played about 1 hour into the game) I own the Jap and English version of every game in the series so I had to try WA4 at least once. The only problems I have are that there is no more world map travel and that there are no permanent tools for characters... as far as I've seen. Oh, does equipment return? I can't remember.
I'm not too terribly far myself, as I just picked this up the other day (for quite cheap).

How far did you actually get?

I really don't mind the new world map simply because I detested that awful searching that you were forced to do in the previous three games (WA1 didn't have it, though). Eqiupment has not returned, however.

The characters, gameplay, presentation, and feel are all fantastic. I really dig it. The dialog seems a lot more "lively" than the previous games too, though I'm not sure where the story is going to head. It seemed more unique at first, but the whole war thing isn't grabbing me as much as I'd like. We'll see, though...

dark10x said:
I'm not too terribly far myself, as I just picked this up the other day (for quite cheap).

How far did you actually get?

Eqiupment has not returned, however.

Past the first dungeon/boss. I don't really know names of places and I can only understand spoken Japanese. I remember you could pick up bombs and a sword and stuff. I didn't get to experience much of the platforming elements yet. I'll be able to do that in January hopefully.

Sad about equipment not returning. :( It'd be nice if it did one day. I don't really like the new system at all. I just play WA for the music/story now because things like cosmetic changes and stuff seem like small things but they're really important as well as gameplay which seemed to be pretty plain with WA3.

dark10x

DarknessTear said:
Past the first dungeon/boss. I don't really know names of places and I can only understand spoken Japanese. I remember you could pick up bombs and a sword and stuff. I didn't get to experience much of the platforming elements yet. I'll be able to do that in January hopefully.

Sad about equipment not returning. :( It'd be nice if it did one day. I don't really like the new system at all. I just play WA for the music/story now because things like cosmetic changes and stuff seem like small things but they're really important as well as gameplay which seemed to be pretty plain with WA3.
So, by first dungeon, do you mean the base that shows up in Ciel? Did you actually see the anime intro yet? How about meet up with Yulie (the girl that Jude promises to help escape at the beginning) or Arnaud? The WA games always manage to pull off really kickass opening sequences, I must say.

So, did you actually buy it...or did you just play it somewhere? Seems bizarre to buy a game and not play it, but if it's for a collection or something, I guess I can understand.

dark10x said:
So, by first dungeon, do you mean the base that shows up in Ciel? Did you actually see the anime intro yet? How about meet up with Yulie (the girl that Jude promises to help escape at the beginning) or Arnaud? The WA games always manage to pull off really kickass opening sequences, I must say.

Hmm I guess I never considered that one a dungeon. :lol It's after that, when you get the girl with the big ol' sword. Yeah, I saw the opening, it was quite nice.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8321&pl=game&type=wmv <- English version of the opening song. :lol Oh god, it's terrible.

Tarazet

TheDuce22 said:
Still playing this, waiting for my 360.
sf_neo_title.jpg

I tried the SF Neo demo last night and it was incredibly chaotic, undirected and confusing. Is the retail version a little more.. complete?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
sonarrat said:
I tried the SF Neo demo last night and it was incredibly chaotic, undirected and confusing. Is the retail version a little more.. complete?

The combat and loot pick up (which is basically what this is) is alright if simplistic. It's tacked on to an absolutely horrid story and characterizations that unfortunately you can't escape. Despite some pretty graphics I'd wait for a deep discount. SEGA fails again, imo.

tt_deeb

DS:
Nintendogs - on occasion, I'm finally allowing my siblings to help out so
(drooling over Mario Kart and Animal Crossing)

Gamecube:
Mario Tennis - so ridiculously fun, never gets old
Metroid Prime 2 - been popping it in every now and then
Mario Kart: DD - popping it in recently

XBox:
Nothing

PS2:
If I had one I'd be playing Guitar Hero.

BattleFront 2 (single player), Ikaruga, Zero Gunner 2, episode III (GBA), metal slug advance, super mario world (GBA) and waiting on alpha 3 and puzzle fighter for game boy cant wait. :D

goomba

Banned
Advance Wars DS (kicks my ass)
Mario Kart DS (hurts my hands)
Resident Evil 4 (im kinda screwed, outta ammo)

TheDuce22

Banned

Its a pretty simple game once you get into it. They do a good job with the diablo formula IMO. Better than any other console game ive played. The story is pretty average but im still enjoying it. Im about 30 hours in, still doing some of the side quests, getting all my characters upgraded.

World of WarCraft (Level 37 Rogue)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (Finished it minutes ago)
Kong: The 8th Wonder of the World (Played for about 20 minutes...Supposed to review it)

And I have a copy of Perfect Dark Zero sitting in front of my that I will be playing as soon as I get my Xbox 360, which will hopefully be little over a week from now.

Top Bottom