• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What DS Title This Fall Do You Want Most?

One?

K, well, I'm just going to list all the games I'm getting. HM: DS :))), Yoshi 2, Clubhouse Games, Beat Agents (depends on track list), Castlevania, Starfox, and Diddy Kong.

If they're good - Megaman, Contact, FFIII (already beat it numerous times, but I might consider getting a port if it's good)

Fireblend said:
It wouldn't hurt to try one out, maybe you'll end up giving the genre a chance *coughplaychronotriggercough* ^^ And come on, once you've seen the TV ads, it's just impossible to say no :p plus I really like how they remaked the music. I swear, I'll eventually get the soundtrack.
Actually, I did play Chrono Trigger for a bit and I enjoyed it...and I just stopped playing about 15 hours in I think. And then when I wanted to go back to it...I just didn't remember where I was or what I was supposed to do at all, and I didn't feel like starting over. :/

I also played through Golden Sun. which was pretty fun. But I couldn't bring myself to finish the second. I just have no patience. It's not even a matter of attention span, I guess it's an interest span. I just lose interest. It happened with both the first FE on GBA and FE:poR on GC as well. I just stop playing and play something else. :(

Fireblend

Banned
PuertoRicanJuice said:
Actually, I did play Chrono Trigger for a bit and I enjoyed it...and I just stopped playing about 15 hours in I think. And then when I wanted to go back to it...I just didn't remember where I was or what I was supposed to do at all, and I didn't feel like starting over. :/

Chrono Trigger is in my opinion the best RPG ever made (I said in my opinion!), so I just had to mention it :p Really, if you enjoyed CT, you should go back and finish it. Then again other 8 times to get all endings. It's that awesome :D
And if you have played and enjoyed Golden Sun, then I would say you can safely get FF3 and expect something very similar, go for it :p

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
lots of you guys forgot to put SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters as your most anticipated. quite an oversight.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Guileless said:
lots of you guys forgot to put SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters as your most anticipated. quite an oversight.
It's an SNK game... I'm not putting it on every list I have until it comes out in 2009.

PuertoRicanJuice said:
ere I was or what I was supposed to do at all, and I didn't feel like starting over. :/

I also played through Golden Sun. which was pretty fun. But I couldn't bring myself to finish the second...

:eek: The second GS is one of the greatest RPG's I've ever played. I couldn't believe how big the world was for a GBA game.

Chris Michael said:
:eek: The second GS is one of the greatest RPG's I've ever played. I couldn't believe how big the world was for a GBA game.
RPGs just aren't my bag. I enjoy them once in a while. I played the second right after the first, that might have killed my interest. That said, FFIII will be my first in a while if I buy it. I already have three other games ahead of it on my list, though. So many games, so little time. (I just bought a PS2 as well) :)

ZeoVGM

Banned
Cheebs said:
why get both verisons of Mysterious Dungeon?

for the same reason people get both versions of the normal Pokemon games or the Battle Network games? there's differences and don't they interact when both in the DS?

eba.jpg

2. Clubhouse Games
3. Yoshi's Island 2

:D

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is the one I want the most. But Final Fantasy III, Children of Mana, and Yoshi's Island 2 aren't terribly far behind.

Emotions

YI2
FF3
Castlevania
Kirby
I'm getting all the games listed in the first post anyways and more , but those are my top 4.

Lapsed

Banned
dr%20iwata.jpg

"Quick, my underlings! Let us flood the market with quality games!"

GAF: "Noooooo!!!!"

"And while you're going broke on the DS software, we'll release a new home console with AAA quality games and a near a 30 game launch line-up! Death to wallets!"

Symytry

There's just too much awesomeness on the horizon to be able to pick just one. I'll just say ZX since it's first out the gate in September and I'll be starving for action at that time if I'm finished with Super Robot... And since there is nothing else to play this most likely will be what happens.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That list is pretty...bland, I think. :( Unless I'm missing some, I'll go for...

Elite Beat Agents - I love Ouendan and this is basically a sequel
Yoshi's Island 2 - 11/13 - Artoon? Ah well, should be fun

Contact - Seems like a possibility
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Oh yeah

FFIII doesn't really appeal to me (unless they've completely reworked the battle system, removed random battles, and generally brought it up to current standards in ways beyond visuals).

To be honest, if I had to miss all four of those games, I wouldn't be all that upset by it. There isn't a single game that really grabs my attention, unfortunately. CV would normally be a "can't miss" title, but I'm growing tired of the old formula now.

1. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
2. Final Fantasy III
3. Megaman ZX, hells yeah, English again ftw!
4. Contact
5. DQ Heroes Rocket Slime

That's my Top 5, but I also want:

6. Mario Hoops 3 on 3
7. Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2
8. Nintendogs Dalmatian
9. Magical Starsign
10 & 11. Both Pokemon games
12. Yoshi's Island 2
13. Elite Beat Agents
14. Kirby
15. Tales of the Tempest
16. Harvest Moon DS
17. Touch Detective
18. Lunar Knights
19. Children of Mana

Maybe chuck in one of those random games for a 20th title. :D

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
For sure:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - 9/18
Pokémon Ranger - 10/30
StarFox Command - ??
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - 11/21
Touch Detective - 10/10

Maybe (after earing comments):
Elite Beat Agents - 11/6
Yoshi's Island 2 - 11/13
Custom Robo Arena - 12/4
Mega Man ZX - 9/12
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - 9/19
Children of Mana - 10/30
Final Fantasy III

Jefklak

Gotta get ASAP
> Castlevania
> Contact
> FF3

also want
> Megaman ZX
> Yoshi's Island 2
> Children of Mana

But already have enough platformers for now and I live in europe so i'll be importing one or more of the first list.

Jiggy

The must-haves, descending order:
1) Pokemon Pearl - Hey, it comes out in fall. ...Even if not in the US. :(
2) Pokemon Diamond - Likewise.
3) Luminous Arc - ...
4) Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Takes all of DoS' good (character switching, general gameplay), cuts out the bad (stylus use), adds more (better composer, co-op).
5) Yoshi's Island 2 - Yoshi's Island is my favorite platformer.
6) Kirby Squeak Squad - Kirby Super Star, the other "KSS" Kirby game, is my second favorite platformer. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror was great too, albeit not classic, so Kirby: SqSq can't go wrong.
7) Mega Man ZX - They added a female character, thus removing my only possible complaint about the entire series.

The probable buys:
8) Magical Starsign - Only potentially held back by the stylus.
9) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Looks good enough to buy, at least. Plus it's the closest thing for now to Pokemon Tactics, which needs to be made.
10) Final Fantasy III - We'll see. I don't like the looks of the battles, but the job system might save it.
11) Tales of the Tempest - See Pokemon/Luminous Arc. Unlike those games, however, TotT is held back by an extraordinarily unoriginal and unlikable cast of character designs, plus N64 3D.

The question marks, alphabetical order:
-Children of Mana - Only crazily positive reviews, in high quantity, could save it at this point. Used to be a "must-have" until I learned more about the game.
-Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - Everything I hear says it's good, but I have yet to see a video to confirm this for myself.
-Elite Beat Agents - Dependent on track listing only.
-Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Can Zelda work with stylus control? I don't know, but Animal Crossing: WW implies not, and that's a far more laid-back title.
-Mario Hoops 3-on-3 - Only if the D-pad/button controls work well.
-Pokemon Ranger - Let's face it: I'll probably buy it because it has "Pokemon" on the front and "HAL Laboratory" on the back. I'm still not necessarily sure I'll look forward to it, but at least I get Manafi out of it?
-Star Fox Command - See Children of Mana.

Pastry

Banned
dragon_feces said:
One?

K, well, I'm just going to list all the games I'm getting. HM: DS :))), Yoshi 2, Clubhouse Games, Beat Agents (depends on track list), Castlevania, Starfox, and Diddy Kong.

If they're good - Megaman, Contact, FFIII (already beat it numerous times, but I might consider getting a port if it's good)

I'd hardly call it a port. Beautiful new graphics, expanded storyline, sidequests for every character, optional sidequests via Mognet, and more :D

siege said:
I wish they would have released it this month, instead of next. September is going to be brutal and we haven't had a single good release in August (Deep Labrinyth and Starfox supposedly suck.)

Wut? Star Fox got good ratings and decent impressions.

Almost definitely going to buy one of the pokemon games (crystal/pearl)..

Im also quite interested by the Hotel-Dusk game, Contact and Lunar Knights, though I don't anticipate Konami releasing the latter on time. Heh, just looked up some release dates and as luck would have it none of those games are scheduled for a 2006 European release. Import, I shall.

Is there a songlist available for Elite Beat Agents yet?

Top Bottom