• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Boxed Charts: Week 7, 2024 (Feb 11 - Feb 17)

After a brief delay, we have got our first look at this week's UK boxed charts and it has been a good one for Nintendo's newest remaster.

Yes, Mario vs. Donkey Kong has climbed the ladder in its debut week, beating the rest of the competition to grab the gold. The Nintendo mascot appears another two times in the top ten, in fact, with Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe taking fifth and sixth respectively. Wahoo indeed.
Elsewhere, there have been a couple of other new entries to the standings this week, with both Skull and Bones and Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden making their chart debuts at fourth and 16th — though neither are available on Switch.

Here's your look at this week's top 40 in full, with platform breakdowns for all of the titles available on other consoles alongside the Switch:

Last WeekThis WeekGamePlatform Split
NEW1Mario vs. Donkey Kong
12Hogwarts LegacySwitch 52%, PS5 20%, PS4 15%, Xbox 9%
23EA Sports FC 24PS5 34%, Switch 31%, PS4 23%, Xbox Series 12%
NEW4Skull and Bones
45Super Mario Bros. Wonder
56Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
77Helldivers II
208Mortal Kombat 11 UltimatePS5 57%, PS4 41%
89Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
1010Minecraft
1111Marvel's Spider-Man 2
1212Grand Theft Auto V
313Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
914Tekken 8
1415Animal Crossing: New Horizons
NEW16Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
1317The Last of Us Part II: Remastered
-18Octopath Traveler IISwitch 62%, PS5 38%
1719Nintendo Switch Sports
2320LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker SagaSwitch 57%, PS5 33%, PS4 8%, Xbox Series 2%
1621Resident Evil 4
2222Assassin's Creed Mirage
3523Sonic SuperstarsSwitch 65%, PS5 20%, Xbox Series 7%, PS4 7%
-24Madden NFL 24
2125WreckfestPS5 99%, Switch 1%
3226Batman: Arkham Trilogy
-27It Takes TwoSwitch 64%, PS4 36%, Xbox Series 0%
2828Red Dead RedemptionPS4 70%, Switch 30%
1929The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
-30Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
3931The Witcher III: Wild Hunt GOTY EditionPC 55%, PS4 43%, Xbox One 1%, Switch 1%
2732Bluey: The VideogameSwitch 79%, PS5 10%, PS4 6%, Xbox Series 5%
4033Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
2434NBA 2K24PS5 54%, PS4 19%, Switch 15%, Xbox Series 11%
-35F1 23
2936Mario Party Superstars
3437Red Dead Redemption 2
3338Super Mario Odyssey
-39LEGO Harry Potter CollectionSwitch 64%, PS4 20%, Xbox One 16%
2640The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Complete Edition

[Sales Data Compiled by GfK]

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Why is hogwarts legacy selling more on Switch? Is it a new release?
Could be over-saturation of people on PS5 who bought it. It came out later.

All 3rd party games on this chart are selling good on Switch.

Plus, Good for Mario Vs. DK, wish there was some info.

ReBurn

Gold Member
My guess: people want to play MK but MK1 is pretty shit so they opt for MK11
Maybe. It's been high on the charts a few times since MK1 released. The ultimate edition game has been on sale for super cheap so many times I would have thought people who really wanted it would already have played it. I'm surprised to see it charting.

Tsaki

Maybe. It's been high on the charts a few times since MK1 released. The ultimate edition game has been on sale for super cheap so many times I would have thought people who really wanted it would already have played it. I'm surprised to see it charting.
Yup. MK1 sold a lot of units (still considerably lower than MK11 launch aligned), but I guess many of them felt underwhelmed, saw MK11 at a low price and jumped in.

FfFf792.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think 11 is a good position? LOL

MK8Deluxe is a 7 years old game and is beating a not even year old game.
Besides the game you mentioned every other game ahead of Spider-man 2 are releases that came out after that game and the majority are multiplatform games.
It's not like the top 10 is full of 7 year old games, lmao.

You also have no idea about digital sales.

Three

Is it somehow bad because of Mario Kart 8?

Tekken 8, Assassins Creed Mirage, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Mortal Kombat 1, all more recent games lower than it.

Three

Its now good to be at 11? And the comparison needs to be between exclusives.
Not if you release into 11th but maintaining 11th after months is good. An exclusive makes a game sell less due to a lower PS5 installbase not more than a multiplatform game. You comparing sales to MK because it's old and saying it did bad would mean all these other more recent games somehow flopped harder on a bigger install base.

Fake

Not if you release into 11th but maintaining 11th after months is good. An exclusive makes a game sell less due to a lower PS5 installbase not more than a multiplatform game. You comparing sales to MK because it's old and saying it did bad would mean all these other more recent games somehow flopped harder on a bigger install base.

I'm comparing against an exclusive with is totally valid. And I never said is 'bad', just not as 'good' as the user want to be taking into consideration the budget this game had.

I don't get fanboys making argument rules of what game is valid or not for comparison. 11° is not a bad position btw, but neither is good.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I'm comparing against an exclusive with is totally valid. And I never said is 'bad', just not as 'good' as the user want to be taking into consideration the budget this game had.

I don't get fanboys making argument rules of what game is valid or not for comparison. 11° is not a bad position btw, but neither is good.
Then tell us, almighty one, what is a good position for 4-month-old exclusive game on a physically exclusive chart?

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Just re-read, but very very slowly, what I posted. I never said was bad.
You said it wasn't good, Jr. You quoted someone who asked "was it bad because of Mario Kart" and you responded with "is it supposed to be good" and then "for the budget it had". "Not good = bad in that regard.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Yeap. Is not necessarily bad mind you. But go on, keep up with the insults.
My man, you straight up called folks "fanboys". I think you can handle "Jr". :goog_lol:

Anyway. The claim is that Mario Kart dictates what's "good" for an exclusive. Why is this game in bad (or, "not good") shape considering what it has already sold? I see you mention budget and the game is already a success commercially. Being number 11 after 4 months on a physical only chart is not only good — it's something mainly seen by high selling games. So, it just seems odd to say this when we already know that's it's selling well.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

It is good lol. Did you forget that this is physical copies only? Is it only good if it sells in the top 5 for years?

Humdinger

Interesting to see where Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, Dontnod's new game, landed -- at #16. I guess that's okay.

I think the game looks good. It seems to be flying under the radar. I wasn't even aware of it until two days ago. I've read good comments about its story and atmosphere. It's developed by Dontnod's non-woke studio, so it doesn't have any of the woke nonsense in it.

Tsaki

Interesting results for Helldivers 2. Increase in its second week for the physical release and it seems Sony really didn't make enough copies for it; everyone in online forums that wants it specifically on BlueRay says it cannot be found anywhere and it's OOS. It's obvious that Arrowhead and Sony had WAAAYY lower expectations for this IP.
Checking on the Steam data, the game has been the #1 top seller almost every day since release and its Super Citizen $60 edition (or $20 upgrade) has been up there as well.
On PSN it's been #1 in the US, Canada and other European countries. In my country, I've seen it climb in the top 10 day after day. 2 days ago it reached #4, knocking back CoD, and just checked, today it reached #3 knocking back NBA2K24.
Hopefully the server queue and capacity as well as the borked matchmaking issues get resolved swiftly.

Last edited:

Vroadstar

Oh jr. got triggered your argument seems so rushed and unfinished you made up arbitrary rules "not even a year-old game", "11° is not a bad position btw, but neither is good", "comparison needs to be between exclusives.", "consideration the budget this game had"
Bravo Tv Rules GIF by Slice

Top Bottom