• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you use for the majority of your internet browsing? Phone, tablet or PC?

Drake

So the thread is pretty self explanatory. What is your main method of browsing. I ask because I feel like whenever this is brought up on Reddit, or here, or anywhere else really the VAST majority of people browse on mobile. I'm the complete opposite. I do probably 95% of my internet browsing on my PC/laptop. The only time I browse on my phone is when I'm out and even when I'm out I don't browse that much. So what's the deal? Am I stuck in the internet dark ages, or what?

ILLtown

I do all my browsing on a PC.

The only time I use my phone for something other than calls/texts is if I'm somewhere alone where I have to kill time, like on a bus, or in a waiting room or whatever, then I'll play a game or watch a TV show or something.

Joe T.

Like you, I do almost all my browsing on my desktop. I only use my phone to browse if I happen to be away from home and I'm not usually in a web browsing mood when that's the case.

Toecutter

Probably about a 60/40 split in favour of PC at the moment.

Phone use has gone up a lot recently since getting a bigger phone - before that, it would've been massively in favour of PC. I still have those late night sessions on the PC listening to music and disappearing down wiki rabbit holes that still swing it though.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Entirely on my phone. I don’t have time to sit in front of a PC and I don’t work with one.

kunonabi

My Wii U. Just more convenient since I'm always using it for movies, games, etc. I got out of the habit of using my laptop since the wifi chip on my old one sucked.

Ar¢tos

100% phone for everything that requires Internet. I haven't turned my pc on in 3 weeks and the last time I turned it on was just to get the password for an online store so I could place an order with my phone.
I can't be bothered with computers nowadays when I can do everything on the phone. (i only game on my Ps4).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
100% laptop. I do not have any online capable devices other than a laptop and some game consoles.

ROMhack

I mostly use my Chromebook which I call 'the internet machine'.

I feel developers have prioritised small screens too much because most websites now look like garbage on my PC monitor.

Last edited:

Drake

So here's a follow up question then: For the people who do the majority of browsing on their phone are you doing it from your couch while watching TV?

I don't really watch a whole lot of TV except for sporting events and maybe a few minutes before I go to bed. Maybe that's why I don't browse on my phone as much.

Last edited:

NahaNago

I use my phone at work and my pc at home. I prefer pc for just looking up info but for like reading stories I prefer my phone.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
So here's a follow up question then: For the people who do the majority of browsing on their phone are you doing it from your couch while watching TV?
Occasionally, but not much. For me personally, I’m a smoker and therefore spend a lot of time outdoors. A phone is more convenient for me in that situation.

Azurro

Banned
When I'm outside of work, I do 90% of my browsing on my phone. YouTube and Netflix on my laptop of I have the option.

Dthomp

50/50 PC and tablet, although I wish I spent more time on my PC. Tablet is cause I'm usually gaming on my PS4 and it's right there near me.

Meowzers

I'm 32 and I don't have a mobile phone at all. I have a housephone and everyone thinks it's strange, but I have no desire to have a mobile.

I like to keep up to date with the latest consoles and that suits me fine.

GetOffMyLawn

Neo Member
PC - I would use my phone more if I had a bigger screen. I feel so confined and unproductive when I use a phone and it takes twice as long to make post or write out anything.

VanEs

I'd say mostly my pc for more serious (quicker) multitabbed browsing, the iPad for casual and limited but very pleasant browsing, and my phone for when I don't have acces to pc/tablet.
They all serve their purposes for different circumstances.

Last edited:

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Phone and tablet take up 80% of my browsing.

Pc gets 20%.

I only use the PC for browsing if I happen to be using it for another task.

KINGMOKU

PC. I can’t stand using mobile for browsing and posting. It’s just so inefficient in comparison.
A few years back I never used a phone but now I cant remember the last time I used anything other then my phone to surf, unless it's for my work.

Also, in the efficiency department, talk to type man. It doesn't get anymore efficient.

All about preferences though.

Grinchy

Banned
A few years back I never used a phone but now I cant remember the last time I used anything other then my phone to surf, unless it's for my work.

Also, in the efficiency department, talk to type man. It doesn't get anymore efficient.

All about preferences though.
I dunno. I can type faster than it can register what I'm saying into text. Also, if there's any kind of mistake at all, awkwardly trying to tap the screen in the exact location to fix it is such a pain. Copying and pasting sucks. Opening lots of tabs when searching for info on google isn't nearly as fluid.

Using a PC is just so much better for how I use the internet. It's not that I never use mobile, it's just that I think it's so tedious compared to having mouse and keyboard control. Plus, typing on a touch screen is still a complete cancer when not using talk to type.

KINGMOKU

I dunno. I can type faster than it can register what I'm saying into text. Also, if there's any kind of mistake at all, awkwardly trying to tap the screen in the exact location to fix it is such a pain. Copying and pasting sucks. Opening lots of tabs when searching for info on google isn't nearly as fluid.

Using a PC is just so much better for how I use the internet. It's not that I never use mobile, it's just that I think it's so tedious compared to having mouse and keyboard control. Plus, typing on a touch screen is still a complete cancer when not using talk to type.
The one thing I do miss when it does misquote me and I have to use the screen are physical buttons. The day someone brings back a full size keyboard on a flagship phone, I'm all in(sans apple but I dont think I have to worry about that).

I dearly miss a real keyboard on my phone. I used to have an LG something that flipped open(two screens) to reveal I very nice keyboard.

*sigh

Grinchy

Banned
I'm absolutely dying for the day when we can get a new clamshell smart phone that opens up in the middle and has a full-sized keyboard with a little screen for typing on. I'll never stop missing the Voyager:

PEr30oi.jpg

I could text so fast on this thing. I just do not care about the thickness it would have to have. People buy these razor-thin phones and stick them inside of giant cases anyway.

Last edited:

tkscz

I'm absolutely dying for the day when we can get a new clamshell smart phone that opens up in the middle and has a full-sized keyboard with a little screen for typing on. I'll never stop missing the Voyager:

PEr30oi.jpg

I could text so fast on this thing. I just do not care about the thickness it would have to have. People buy these razor-thin phones and stick them inside of giant cases anyway.

Man I miss both my Galaxy S Relay and BlackBerry Priv

s-l1000.jpg

blackberry_priv_slider_3042_800X600_10182015120739PM.jpg

Both of these were so good. Though I do prefer the Relay's keyboard, but the Priv screen and cameras were just so much better.

Grinchy

Banned
Ooooh, that Galaxy looks nice. I was pretty late on the smartphone bandwagon so I never knew about that one. That would have been the smartphone for me.

PC

Phone I only use for bathroom browsing or when I've no other option. I just find browsing the internet on a phone to feel really limited or simply a chore.

Top Bottom