• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you expect for the big 3 in 2023? What is your dreams?

anthony2690

Banned
Are you asking me what I expect or for my hopes and dreams?

My hopes and dreams:
Killer Instinct
Ape Escape

Expectations:
Pretty much everything we have seen revealed for 2023 already and a couple more things here and there revealed around E3 time.

Sony:

PS5 slim launches without direct drive. $299-$349 price point. Spider-Man 2, Blue point game, and heavy reliance on FFXVI, SFVI, and more remasters from PSP/DS/3ds/Vita.

Teaser for open world Uncharted reboot.

Court battle with MS over activision.

Xbox: S-T-A-R-Field. Forza, Red Fall, and a return to older casual titles like Full house poker or 1V100.

New Xbox series S with upgraded internals.

Court battle with Sony and governments over activision. After HEAVY concessions and MS greasing the palms of people, the deal will close.

While EVERYONE FOCUSES ON COD, bringing Blizzard into the fold for Gamepass PC could really make a compelling PC Gamepass.

Also the secret to this deal….Guitar Hero.

Finally…the most interesting, imo.

Nintendo…

ToTK, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Octopath2, and yet it still feels like there is something looming in the horizon.

New hardware? 2023? 2024? Most certainly in one of the years.

What route do they take? BC and Switch compatibility? Or a new concept without BC?

If new hardware… Red Dead 2, Madden, and COD.

If not…more psp/vita/3ds/ps2 ports to ride out the generation.

Does Nintendo experiment with HD2D?

Kingdom hearts (where you at?). Tekken? Ridge racer? Madden?

Lego soccer?

Will there be a new Mario to coincide with the movie?

…Finally…where the hell is Goldeneye?

If it doesn’t release soon…. Could Nintendo and MS be bringing the remake with proper online play and cross play instead? Was the feedback so controversial, did it give them all pause and make them reconsider?

Handel

Sony : Spider-Man, disc-less PS5 and moneyhats

Microsoft: Starfield, Redfall, completion of ABK deal, Hellblade 2 as big holiday title

Nintendo : Zelda being GOTY 2023, Switch successor revealed and possibly released, Metroid Prime remaster/remake for holiday game

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Sony: some japanese games. I don't really like their current output.

MS: do something with those IPs that were held hostge by Activision. Put Raven to work on Hexen 3.

Nintendo: I don't care about Xenoblade nor Splatoon, so hopefully they do something with all their other IPs I do care about.

Last edited:

Camreezie

Xbox :
Starfield releases, its a 80 MC
Activision deal closes with a lot of criticism
Redfall is a bomb
Another publisher acquisition (focus interactive?)
Activision newly accquired franchises get lots of only on xbox add ons
Crash 5 xbox exclusive

Sony:
Big hitters for the year come from japanese third parties
Announcement for next big Naughty Dog title
Factions MP
A poor selection of ps1 games added

Nintendo:
Tears of the kingdom is GOTY tier game
Kirby return to Dreamland remaster
Cereza and the lost demon
Gameboy titles on NSO
Metroid Prime 4 rerevealed for first half 2024
Next mario 3d game revealed for late 2023 after the movie is a smash hit

Bartski

Gold Member
No tik tok dance emojis in Factions 2 and eurjank free Starfield.

Logan Paul Sport GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Salz01

Uncharted reveal/ Factions MP without ugly chicks
Fable reveal / Maybe Perfect Dark glimpse
Fucking Metroid 4 reveal/ New hardware for Nintendo.

Topher

Gold Member
Sony: Whatever Naughty Dog is working on outside of Factions

Nintendo: Metroid 4....maybe?

Microsoft: All about Starfield and Redfall. Hopefully some more Game Pass gems.

Gudji

Sony: a good split between MP and SP. Horizon online or TLOU Factions one of the two and a surprise title along with spiderman 2
Xbox: a good amount of first party exclusives, no expectations regarding quality of said titles tho
Nintendo: switch 2 or whatever it will be called announcement and a couple good first party titles (zelda especially, hopefully it blows me away this time).

Raven77

With so many high profile releases being bug ridden messes over the past few years I expect a mind blowing amount of delays as companies become more aware of the brand damage those kinds of releases can have.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Cleaner sharp levels, not doing the same mission 6 times in a row (open world games) and stealing ideas from one another the big picture for gaming is games today are overpriced and that’s a concern.

fermcr

Microsoft can't get any worse (can they?)... let's see if they actually release games for their gaming platforms in 2023.

You asked for dreams so here goes ---

Sony: PS5 Slim with disk drive for $399 with full backward compatible to PS1. New Chrono Trigger and FF6 real remakes in 1 game, none of this 10 year remaster crap.

Nintendo: Switch 2 in similar form factor and size to OLED Switch with PS4 level power, fully backward compatible. $399. Release Mother Collection with original and fully remastered games in original clay style art done with full orchestra soundtrack and guidebooks. Pikmin 4 and Wind Waker Hd. Also a new Little Kings Story game.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Sony: As long as Spider-Man releases, I'm hyped. But not sure what else is going on.

MS: Starfield and Redfall are probably #2 and #3 on my hype chart right now so that's a good place to be.

Nintendo: Nintendo can't coast on Zelda for me, I need new hardware, Metroid, something. my Switch is starting to fall by the wayside.

Fbh

Sony expect:
- GAAS galore
- TLOU faction maybe their big end of the year title
- FFXVI will be the best new FF since at least XII
- Full reveal of Wolverine gets a lot of hype

Sony hope:
- Some new single player IP
- Spiderman 2 feels like a true evolution and isn't just more of the same with nicer graphics
- TLOU TV show is such a big hit Neil druckmann gets offered a permanent position at HBO (which he takes)

MS expect:
- Starfield is a big hit despite the usual Bethesda bugfest
- Redfall comes and goes without much buzz
- Hellblade 2 is their big end of the year game
- Lots of Jim Ryan tears as the Activision deal goes through

MS hope:
- All their long in development projects (Perfect Dark, Fable, Avowed, etc) start showing up in more than just CGI format, paving an exciting future for the platform

Nintendo Expect:
- Tears of the Kingdom is a great game held back by performance issues
- At least 1-2 cool new games announced and released in 2023
- Nintendo accepts world peace won't be achieved any time soon and releases advance wars

Nintendo hope:
- New hardware that's hopefully a straightforward follow up to the Switch without too many dumb gimmicks
- Metroid Prime 4 finally shows up again
- The glorious return of Kid Icarus.

Last edited:
Sony: Spider Man 2, GOW DLC sold as a full game with Atreus, TLOU Factions

Xbox: Starfield, Avowed, Redfall and something from Inexile but smaller

Nintendo: Don't know, don't care

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Microsoft:
-More of that first person RPG from Obsidian, and it’s looking awesome.

- Starfield’s a big hit, but 2023 is still light on first party releases

Sony:
- More big PC releases including Ragnarok, Ratchet and Clank and Horizon FW

- Mark of Kri 3 is teased

- GaaS titles hit to mixed results

Nintendo:
- Still beating the dusty old Switch horse.

- Another farming/socializing game releases

- Mario Volleyball releases

- $70 Switch games because why not?

Last edited:

Smasher89

Gamewise:
Nintendo: Pikmin 4, botw 2 delay(possibly just a half year). Xenoblade 3 DLC story
Sony: PSVR2: The last of us 3 hinted, Forbidden west DLC
Xbox: lol

Camreezie

Microsoft:
-More of that first person RPG from Obsidian, and it’s looking awesome.

- Starfield’s a big hit, but 2023 is still light on first party releases

Sony:
- More big PC releases including Ragnarok, Ratchet and Clank and Horizon FW

- Mark of Kri 3 is teased

- GaaS titles hit to mixed results

Nintendo:
- Still beating the dusty old Switch horse.

- Another farming/socializing game releases

- Mario Volleyball releases

- $70 Switch games because why not?
Reading this gave me depression, you ok bro?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

From what big studios and publishers have delivered in the past few years, my "dreams" are low AF. So, if the "big 3" just make me happy in any possible way, that's enough for me.

Holammer

Sony: lots of PC ports and GaaS titles. Bryank75 continues to die on the inside.
MS: Maybe possibly fingers crossed they might have something to release. Shit, jinxed it! More delays!
Nintendo: reveals an AMD custom SoC for early 2024. Back in the power game baby!

Top Bottom