• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Can I Do to Make GTA: SA Look Better on My New Sony Bravia LCD TV?

Bluecondor

I just picked up a new 40" Sony Bravia LCD HDTV. While the XBox 360 looks fabulous in 720p, and my computer monitor looks great through the VGA, I haven't had much luck with my PS2. I have it hooked up through component cables, but, when I went to play GTA: SA, it looks horrible. The screen is really dark, and I am now noticing graphical flaws in the game that didn't look nearly as bad when I played it on my regular old Toshiba CRT.

Has anyone figured out a way to make PS2 games look better when making the move from a CRT to an HDTV?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Either connect PS2 to your PC and use DScaler (search for that for more info), or use Blaze VGA adapter to force the game into real progressive mode (if the TV has the VGA connector, that might be your best option)

Or just buy Xbox version of GTA:SA and play it on 360 upscaled and with AA! Of course, I guess you have to play from the very beginning then, and it won't help you with any other PS2 games.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
the bravia has a pretty good scaler in it already (you got the black 'V' series?)

You're just finding how shitty some PS2 games look. Your old CRT would have masked some of the badness, but now it is exposed by having a HD set that is very unforgiving of bad signals.

Top Bottom