• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

I guess they weren't relevant for long enough that "Interpol song" became a thing, but there's an inescapable pattern to their songs that eventually led to self-parody from the next album onwards: calm to noisy Pixies-like crescendos, Television-like guitars, Ian Curtis sounding vocals and somewhat demented horny lyrics about tortured lust. "May our bodies remain" LMAO. Thing is, it clicks in their early efforts. I didn't like them much when I was teen and this music was popular, but if I knew what kind of retarded shit zoomers would be into today I'd CERTAINLY appreciate them a lot more. Today, it's comfort music for me. Stuff I listen to when I should have been asleep hours ago.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
on a huge 80s kick tonight.

first off Robert Palmer "Simply Irresistible". recently i finally GOT Robert Palmer. he is garage rock, straight up 60's "Louie Louie" style, just done in the 80s. so it's all bored looking models with Robert up front like he's Mick Jagger or Roy Orbison or something. the sound effects absolutely rule. is that a sword or something?

B-52s "Private Idaho" long time loved this Athens band. they were super ahead of their time, doing 90s style 60s retro revival in the 80s. this is punk as fuck and i love the keyboards. Kate is dressed exactly like Peggy Bundy here lol.

some softer 80s pop Laura Branigan "Gloria" this song reminds me of MGSV but it's also just a nice song. the 80s was a glorious time for synth riffs. so much glitter here haha. also she is a mega babe in this video. schwing.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Top Bottom