• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Thaedolus

Baby woke up screaming having a blowout at 2AM so:

😬
latest Iron Maiden album is good shit, get it now

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
An all time favorite of mine. From 3:03 to 3:20 i focus my self and then everybody should get away because i will start dancing.

Mossybrew

Saw Mazzy Star at the Whisky a Go Go in LA, must have been, damn I don't even know, 93-94 is my guess.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Caught a Catherine Wheel show at SDSU back in the day. This is the song that caught everybody's interest, but they had a lot of good shit after this album, great band.

Mossybrew

The Sundays, honestly one of the best live bands I've ever seen, they just killed it. Saw them at a small venue on Mission Beach in the 90's, shit I can't remember what it was called. The Dandy Warhols opened for them and they were cool too, this chick from the band was rollerskating around the venue before the show.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

So after seeing this band open for the Cure we travelled to fucking Phoenix(!) to see them again. Another band with a deep catalog. The night we saw them was also the first time I had a foursome. Also the first time I went down on a chick was to this album in the background, so Cranes will alway be a sex thing to me I guess LOL.

Mossybrew

We saw the Verve in LA as well, don't remember the venue, it wasn't great, far away from the stage. A Storm In Heaven will always be one of THE best albums to get stoned to, always will hold a special place and time in my heart.

Last edited:

BouncyFrag

metalgearsolid-metal.gif

Tschumi

I wish the whole contemporary generation of mumbling rappers could give this guy a good hard listen and decide if they aught to laser off all their dicky tattoos and take out the hair extensions and go work in a macdonalds somewhere

mortal

Gold Member
I wish the whole contemporary generation of mumbling rappers could give this guy a good hard listen and decide if they aught to laser off all their dicky tattoos and take out the hair extensions and go work in a macdonalds somewhere
You just have to come to terms that you're getting older, man. Every new generation has its trends, and much of that sentiment was laid against 90's rap & hip-hop and the subculture surrounding it at the time.

Tschumi

You just have to come to terms that you're getting older, man. Every new generation has its trends, and much of that sentiment was laid against 90's rap & hip-hop and the subculture surrounding it at the time.
I'm not saying i totally disagree with you, but i think rap's general place in the "mix" in the 90s differentiates it, its performers, and their motivations, from today..

Ed: the amount of differentiation ODB puts into that track using just a mic and his voice, and a sense of flow and timing, i mean some of these guys today should just give up

Last edited:

Havoc2049

The Sundays, honestly one of the best live bands I've ever seen, they just killed it. Saw them at a small venue on Mission Beach in the 90's, shit I can't remember what it was called. The Dandy Warhols opened for them and they were cool too, this chick from the band was rollerskating around the venue before the show.

It was Canes, right on the boardwalk near Belmont Park, the only concert venue in Mission at the time. I saw Blink-182 there right as they were blowing up and had just released Dude Ranch. I also saw the 90's Misfits with Michale Graves as the lead singer there on their last tour before they broke up.

Top Bottom