• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

HotPocket69

Banned
One of the coolest songs I’ve ever heard recently discovered today

John Frusciante, Josh Klinghoffer and Joe Lally (bassist Fugazi). Josh on drums and he’s fuckin sick. Feel bad for him being abruptly kicked out of the Peppers when John decided to come back 😞 He seems like such a humble cool fucking dude.

Live version which is EVEN ECTO COOLER 🥶

Also bonus album cut from Klinghoffer Frush duo record. They were bros and both RHCP guitarists 😮

Korranator

Been awhile since I posted in this thread. WTF is with all the bans? lol

Anyway showing my nerdism on this one, but I love the acid rock throw back going on here.

Classic:

....and modern with Gilmorish influence.

Last edited:

Drake

It's like the Gorillaz, but for melodic black metal. The actual musicians here are unknown/uncredited, but the singer is 100% Niilo Sevänen from Insomnium.

Tschumi

I'm looking for a recommendation... I am finding myself trying to listen to some really heavy guitar sounds but lacking the right band... I'm thinking, Siamese Dream without the nasal vocals (which I am totally okay with, usually, but in this certain mood I'm just not up to) I also would listen to Loveless (MBV) but they're too pop, despite their great weight... Do you feel me? I don't really want some uber-obscure band that is being suggested as much for the cred of the suggest'or as my own edification, i just want someone to recommend a band that is legit but i may have overlooked thus far and has the sound I'm looking for.. Deep noise, deeper vocals...

...I have zero interest, zero, in death metal or whatever the aficionados might call it... anything that involves that 'drain gurgle' (that's the technical term for it, right?) vocal style, i think it's peak cheesy and their subject matter is more cringy than the poppiest of contemporary derivative rnb pop.. i am not interested in fighting skeletal warriors on stormy mountaintops in order to lead the clans aginst the great zigziggashhh, or like gurgling descriptions of a zombie pulling itself out of a grave and stomping towards a town, or u know, Scandinavian people staring down interviewers for asking dumb questions when they are the ones with made up names and goofy cult followings

I'm also looking for a really heavy synth pop/synth band from the 80s... You hear a lot of great heavy sounds, like the introduction to 'eyes without a face', and bands like depeche mode, some efforts by Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark, I just wanna know if there's a band from that time... Is there a Mogwai for synth? Like, instrumental, high minded, prone to heavy sounds?

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I'm looking for a recommendation... I am finding myself trying to listen to some really heavy guitar sounds but lacking the right band... I'm thinking, Siamese Dream without the nasal vocals (which I am totally okay with, usually, but in this certain mood I'm just not up to) I also would listen to Loveless (MBV) but they're too pop, despite their great weight... Do you feel me? I don't really want some uber-obscure band that is being suggested as much for the cred of the suggest'or as my own edification, i just want someone to recommend a band that is legit but i may have overlooked thus far and has the sound I'm looking for.. Deep noise, deeper vocals...

...I have zero interest, zero, in death metal or whatever the aficionados might call it... anything that involves that 'drain gurgle' (that's the technical term for it, right?) vocal style, i think it's peak cheesy and their subject matter is more cringy than the poppiest of contemporary derivative rnb pop.. i am not interested in fighting skeletal warriors on stormy mountaintops in order to lead the clans aginst the great zigziggashhh, or like gurgling descriptions of a zombie pulling itself out of a grave and stomping towards a town, or u know, Scandinavian people staring down interviewers for asking dumb questions when they are the ones with made up names and goofy cult followings

I'm also looking for a really heavy synth pop/synth band from the 80s... You hear a lot of great heavy sounds, like the introduction to 'eyes without a face', and bands like depeche mode, some efforts by Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark, I just wanna know if there's a band from that time... Is there a Mogwai for synth? Like, instrumental, high minded, prone to heavy sounds?
I found your exact song. Spoilered to try to contain some of the intensity

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Early The Black Keys songs might be up your alley?

Last edited:
If Loveless is too pop, have you listened to their earlier stuff? It is both weirder and more guitar heavy.

Spacemen 3 is also a highly recommended psych noise rock band.

Last edited:
Top Bottom