• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird Firefox problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon Tiki

Banned
When I upgraded to this build (1.0) I never uninstalled the previous version, nor deleted the old profile. Last few days my scroll bar has been disappearing, so I decided to reinstall firefox the proper way. I backed up my profile, uninstalled old build, copied bookmarks and cookies over.
Now I have a bigger problem. Certain sites will not load, the just appear as blank pages. Sites like, lik-sang, imageshack, activeimagine, and a few others. Any suggestions?

Ecrofirt

I've also got an odd firefox problem. Upon upgrading to 1.0, clicking a link an another program (AIM, IRC, etc.) no longer opens a new firefox window. It now opens in whatever the current firefox window I'm in is.

Help.

Also, I've heard that you're supposed to get somekind of notification when one of your LiveBookmarks is updated (new news story from an RSS feed or whatever). However, this doesn't happen. Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Kon Tiki

Banned
I use TabBrowser Extension for the tabs stuff. It has some other features that I like also.

I have never used Live Bookmarks. Did not even know the feature existed,

Ecrofirt

it's not a tab thing. it's some weird problem that arose when I upgraded from PR to 1.0

When I click on a link, it takes whatever page I'm currently on, and loads whatever I clicked on. So I'll be at hte forum or something, and then it loads a picture or another site completely, rather than open a new firefox window. Then I'll forget, and close that page, and whatever I was looking at before is gone. It's annoying, and never used to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom