Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
- Nov 30, 2004
Warlander is offering a souls-like experience unlike others on the market. It's not just a new coat of paint on the same old formula but an honest attempt at giving us something new to be excited about. Warlander blends together aspects of rogue-likes such as procedural map generation and perma death, sprinkles in rpg traits like the progression system and rounds it all off with tactical combat that just feels good. Oh yeah, it's also draws inspiration from Slay The Spire. Yes, the hit card game. And it works. Did I forget to mention the real time mesh slicing? Cleave your way through your enemies and collect their severed pieces after the fight to feed them to your god for more power!
- UNIQUE COMBAT SYSTEM featuring skill-based fights with precise targeting and real-time mesh slicing.
- PROCEDURALLY GENERATED MAP where every playthrough is different and every step on the path is unique.
- INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENT is a battlefield and a weapon. Be observant, think on your feet and use the surroundings to crush your enemies.
- PATH TO VENGEANCE IS DIFFICULT as the game becomes increasingly harder as you progress through the world, and your skills will be put to the limit.
- LIFE HAS NO RERUN so act like it. Permadeath is real and even though the Old God resurrects you if you die, you start from the beginning.
- SKILL TREE PROGRESSION is tied with the game world. Cut your enemies into offerings and sacrifice them to obtain access to different combat powers.
This game is a lot of fun and I honestly can't wait to play more. I don't usually gush about games like this but somehow I managed to not hear about this game until yesterday and thought it sounded amazing. Then I played it. That's when I knew it was amazing. You owe it to yourself to at least take a look at this one. There's something special here.
Taking a more in depth second Look: