• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Space Marine 2 coming 2023

oji-san

Banned
Know nothing about the Warhammer world but this looks great, i like the enemies design and the combat looks fun as hell. :)

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Know nothing about the Warhammer world but this looks great, i like the enemies design and the combat looks fun as hell. :)

Basically it started out as a parody of similar properties and have expanded into a very British iconic IP. . .with a really dopey story. Well, I guess that all depends on who is handling the narrative. Basically you're a Space fascist, and you're the only thing standing between Chaos and. . .well I wouldn't say a comfortable life. But. Life. In service of the God-Emperor of Mankind (who is technically dead and has been for millennia, but don't tell anyone I said that cause I don't want to get spaced for heresy).

oji-san

Banned
Basically it started out as a parody of similar properties and have expanded into a very British iconic IP. . .with a really dopey story. Well, I guess that all depends on who is handling the narrative. Basically you're a Space fascist, and you're the only thing standing between Chaos and. . .well I wouldn't say a comfortable life. But. Life. In service of the God-Emperor of Mankind (who is technically dead and has been for millennia, but don't tell anyone I said that cause I don't want to get spaced for heresy).
Sounds crazy! would sure be watching some videos before playing the game, especially the first game.

hlm666

Fuck yes. Chains seem to be gone when he's wielding the hammer, Looks like we should have his penance complete before finishing the game.

Still sad we will never know how the originally planned trilogy would have turned out, but god damn this cgi looks fine.
READY YOUR BOLTGUNS, BATTLE BROTHERS! (and ready your heart for the primaris propaganda)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Does anybody think we'll get a remaster of the first game on current consoles?

Skifi28

They should release a remaster of the first game for modern platforms first. I do have the steam version, but I wouldn't mind replaying a new release with a few extra bells and whistles.

Skifi28

Does anybody think we'll get a remaster of the first game on current consoles?
iJ8IzK3.jpg

Edit: Didn't mean to double post, oh well..

Last edited:

Kadve

Hmm. got curious who the hell was making this thing since Relic's name is nowhere to be seen. Turns out its Saber St Petersburg aka, the guys behind Inversion (remember that?) and the World War Z game.

Hype still existing, but kinda deflated. And hell even if it was the main saber studio they have never really done a game like this....

Last edited:

Sentenza

In a way, the surprise of the show just after Armored Core. This looked far better than I ever expected it to.
And I'm not even among the biggest fans of the first, frankly.

FunkMiller

This has the chance to be all kinds of awesome. Personally, I'd like less of a power fantasy Warhammer 40k game (maybe a survival horror, or a AAA Inquisitor RPG) but obviously this'll be day one for me anyway. The depiction of the hive city looks fucking great, as do some of the other locations. Hopefully this could catapult 40k into more mainstream gaming culture.

The emperor protects.

ungalo

Damn, Focus Entertainment is going to become a top tier publisher at this pace. Every year is more promising than the last one.

Bartski

Gold Member
not into Warhammer but this looks rather good actually. Curious how many of those enemy hordes are instant despawn on kill types.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Holy shiiiit that looked great! Not too much into WH40K but as someone that loved the first game, this sequel looks like a straight up upgrade in every aspect. Can't wait!

WitchHunter

Banned

Boring!!! Same shit all over again. When will they give a blood transfusion to this franchise? Wh40k is the best game world with the worst game adoptions thanks to the manchilds who have a hard on creating these fucking tin man games that all feel the same. Bring Pedersen onboard and kick the qa bastards at game workshop who let these shitstains kill the franchise.

Hope I'll be wrong this time 😟.

H4ze

Finally, had a lot of fun with the first game, looking forward to it, there can't be enough 40k games. Thank god we just got Darktide!

bender

What time is it?
Hmm. got curious who the hell was making this thing since Relic's name is nowhere to be seen. Turns out its Saber St Petersburg aka, the guys behind Inversion (remember that?) and the World War Z game.

Hype still existing, but kinda deflated. And hell even if it was the main saber studio they have never really done a game like this....

I don't think it was great or anything but World War Z was a surprisingly competent and fun L4D rip-off.

njean777

I really hope a updated Space Marine comes out on PS5 and Xbox before this game comes out. Would like to replay it before this one.

Last edited:

Crayon

People complain about tabletop 40k being so expensive but games workshop is in the big leagues now. The 40k ip is serious shit these days. Waaaay more people love it than play the original product.

FOR THE EMPEROR

This is one of the 5 games on my list that will eventually convince me to buy a ps5. Still holding out for the meantime.

I had a blast playing the first game. The orks were a constant source of hilarity. Would not mind a remaster!

j0hnnix

This looked so cool, I'm still playing through inquisitor:martyr which I'm loving. First game to get me into 40k tbh. Story is so wild. I need to dig into finding more lore to get myself more educated on 40k.

Top Bottom