• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 Needs A Good AAA Game

Fuz

Banned
I like Henry Cavill and he's honestly a huge fan of Warhammer 40,000 but I'm really nervous about that show. He's going to have to answer the higher ups who are going to make sure it's appealing to modern audiences, so to speak.
Yeah, there's no way anything good will come out of it.

Love Cavill, but this is gonna be yet another dumpster fire.

Yeah, there's no way anything good will come out of it.

Love Cavill, but this is gonna be yet another dumpster fire.
He's going to have to fill all the check marks. It's pretty much a requirement now so you know what that means for the series so I'm not expecting it to be good at all.

Even the Owlcat Rogue Trader game has me nervous. If I remember correctly, one of the writers said she doesn't care about the lore and is going to add woke shit. Assuming that is true, don't expect much out of that game either which would be a real shame since it's my favorite tabletop Warhammer 40,000 spin-off.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

wipeout364

I am going to take a strong counter point to this.

We have had an amazing run of Warhammer games over the last 5 to 7 years. There is literally something for everyone RPG, football, FPS, platformer , tactical RPG, looter shooters. Pushing for AAA will be the end of that as no one would invest the money without having exclusive rights. Personally I will take what we have been getting and screw AAA and it’s 5 year development windows and laden with micro transactions .

Last edited:

egocrata

Banned
The thing about 40K (and what I love about the universe) is that is such a fucked up place that the Orks are probably the LEAST crazy faction, and they are homicidal maniacs that fight for fun.

Toots

Gold Member
23b.jpg

this is W40K universe :
"Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."

That disney's star wars take on the 40K universe is flabbergasting...

"[the author of that crap]: “I’m delighted to be bringing the adventure, excitement and thrills of life in the 41st Millennium to a new generation. There are going to be space battles and monsters, fearsome aliens and dangerous villains. But there will also be friendship and bravery in the form of our three lead characters; ganger Talen, Martian Mekki and explorer Zelia. They already know that life in the Imperium is tough, but they never expected that it would be this challenging, that they would find themselves lost and alone. As their quest begins, they will have to quickly learn who they can trust and what risks are worth taking. Above all, they will learn that need each other to survive.”

I'm sure he spent more time thinking about what colours his "heroes" hair should be than learning about the grim dark 40K future where there's ONLY WAR.

Anyway, won't we have a AAA W40K game soon with Space Marines 2 ? Or is it more of a AA ?

Top Bottom