• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Anton668

Mousey completely losing whatever was left of her sanity....
(NSFW{well, depends on where ya work really})

and if that wasnt enough....

Mouseception.....

Sheesh how lame can you make yourself look?
I feel he's overdefending Hololive Vtubers there, though.
There's definitely a base number of subs you get just for being a Hololive member.

I often said already that sub count is not really representing talent of the Vtuber.

Unless you have like serious money problems, there's no reason to be jealous of Hololive Vtubers either, though.
It's like with having friends. Often having one or two really good friends is better than having a hundred you can't really fully connect to.

After trying out around 100 Vtubers, I must say my Top 3 English speaking Vtubers all have less than 30000 subs. There are a lot of indie talents that are amazing but really hard to find.
But of course my own opinion is also just subjective.

I actually like smaller Vtubers also just because you can actually have dialogues with them.

Last edited:
I feel he's overdefending Hololive Vtubers there, though.
There's definitely a base number of subs you get just for being a Hololive member.

I often said already that sub count is not really representing talent of the Vtuber.

Unless you have like serious money problems, there's no reason to be jealous of Hololive Vtubers either, though.
It's like with having friends. Often having one or two really good friends is better than having a hundred you can't really fully connect to.

After trying out around 100 Vtubers, I must say my Top 3 English speaking Vtubers all have less than 30000 subs. There are a lot of indie talents that are amazing but really hard to find.
But of course my own opinion is also just subjective.

I actually like smaller Vtubers also just because you can actually have dialogues with them.

Yeah that guy is all about finding drama on twitter and youtube about hololive so he can defend them. Not my favorite source but I just could not believe he could find content like this about IRyS.

IRyS is the first EN vtuber I am not finding too much to like, she kinda reminds me of Holo ID Reine. Just not my type of streamer but those saying she does not deserve her superchats because she does not have to grind for it, is a bit far when she had a channel for over 10 years.

There is a level of resources Cover Corp can tap into to give the talents a better chance. But I feel when you join Hololive you have to be something special for at least a group of people.

I think small vtubers are just as talented, Hololive had to hire them from somewhere, so I don't see a difference in talent, I see a difference in resources. My only worry about small Vtubers they will stop streaming sooner unless they have other income sources.

I would be Uto's number 1 fan if I understood Japanese. I sub to vtubers who only have a few hundred subs, but my issue is I have 5 EN girls I really enjoy watching. And most of the time that is just background noise while I am busy working.

Kiara has earwormed me for a few days not so been avoiding her stream
10 hour stream

I did not like that song at first but can't avoid it... I like it now

My only worry about small Vtubers they will stop streaming sooner unless they have other income sources.
Well, according to my experience so far, there have been more big Vtubers quitting than smaller ones. But I guess you don't hear about that as easily?

Pretty sure most indie Vtubers will have another income source and are not doing this in hopes they could quit their jobs for it. From what I know, many of them do it because they enjoy doing it rather than for the money.

I would be Uto's number 1 fan if I understood Japanese.
I thought you were more into mature women, yet you pick the youngest Vtuber of them all.

Maybe its me but I'm don't like the look of IRyS face model. Her nose sticks out so much it made the rest of her face looks very flat. Hope Hololive do something about the model.
I don't like the model either. Main reason I don't watch her.

But I still find Risu's new model worse. I feel like I'm the only one who is strongly disturbed by it. Tried to find other people talking about this, but apparently everyone else thinks it's amazing.
I'm really bothered by the mouth being closed while a Vtuber talks.

MayauMiao

But I still find Risu's new model worse. I feel like I'm the only one who is strongly disturbed by it. Tried to find other people talking about this, but apparently everyone else thinks it's amazing.

Are you referring Ayunda Risu? I never heard and never knew what her old model looked like before but the current model don't look too bad. IRyS nose however, bothers me too much.

Maybe its me but I'm don't like the look of IRyS face model. Her nose sticks out so much it made the rest of her face looks very flat. Hope Hololive do something about the model.
that is one of my complaints myself it is not a bad design she just sticks out when compared to EN
i am hoping they soften her up, her mouth is my biggest issue and her eyes. Her cuteness level is too low.

I would say it is because she has a Papa but Kiara was designed by a male artist.

At the end of the day the design matters. It can change with new costume changes but the artist seems to be selfish and not think about what makes a hololive vtuber work. Even the fan artists are troubled by all the details and hair lairs to keep track of.

I did not like Towa's old model but the one custome change made her super cute.
Just not sure about Redjuice making cute girls.

Well, according to my experience so far, there have been more big Vtubers quitting than smaller ones. But I guess you don't hear about that as easily?

Pretty sure most indie Vtubers will have another income source and are not doing this in hopes they could quit their jobs for it. From what I know, many of them do it because they enjoy doing it rather than for the money.

I thought you were more into mature women, yet you pick the youngest Vtuber of them all.

I don't like the model either. Main reason I don't watch her.

why would you think I like mature? When Haachama was my favorite before she killed herself in Minecrraft's EN server.
Gura is my current favorite not really mature.

Last edited:
why would you think I like mature? When Haachama was my favorite before she killed herself in Minecrraft's EN server.
Gura is my current favorite not really mature.
Probably mixing you up then. Thought someone on here said he'd prefer older Vtubers. Like when we discussed about Marine's age?

I know later you stated you're older than me. Or am I mixing that too?

Yuuka Bear actually did a Henry Stickmin playthrough too, but this was suggested to me by Youtube today:

Is it just me or that 100% equal to Suisei's voice evolution of the past 3 years?

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member

Dance Reaction GIF by The .GIFYS

Their models look so good in this

Last edited:
Probably mixing you up then. Thought someone on here said he'd prefer older Vtubers. Like when we discussed about Marine's age?

I know later you stated you're older than me. Or am I mixing that too?

Yuuka Bear actually did a Henry Stickmin playthrough too, but this was suggested to me by Youtube today:

Is it just me or that 100% equal to Suisei's voice evolution of the past 3 years?

I'm older so must of the girls would be10 to 20 years younger than me, so I think of them as a daughter I never had. I think I said that before.

Older is fine but who is the oldest vtuber out their? Even to Mama artists like Nabi sound very young.
I would say still living with her family is a Korean or Asian thing. Since Ina also seems to live with her parents.

I think many of the voice changes took place recently many of the JP girls were having medical issues with their voice. So they were force to tone it down a little.

Older is fine but who is the oldest vtuber out their?
Mio is the oldest Vtuber whose age was leaked afaik (born 1985).

If you're interested, she has a pretty cool clipper: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz-_ns0sn7fppx35HMznFw/videos

I think many of the voice changes took place recently many of the JP girls were having medical issues with their voice. So they were force to tone it down a little.
Yes, at least that was what happened with Suisei's voice.

Stitch

Gold Member
kinda shocked the crowd is real?

with Covid19 I was not expecting that. Since even the Olympics will have no crowds.
Is this old footage?
It's footage from their 2nd Fes concert in December.
Japan banned lots of Festivals and Concerts but last December some bigger shows were allowed again.

Not Hololive but another example from December and January

It's footage from their 2nd Fes concert in December.
Japan banned lots of Festivals and Concerts but last December some bigger shows were allowed again.

Not Hololive but another example from December and January

thanks for the info, the Live Shows in Japan look Epic and Hololive seems to have a major following that can pack a space. I wish them the best in the future.

Cannot wait for the day EN goes to Japan for 3D on a stage.

It is a different world for Pumo

I feel bad because Kiara speaks of getting pity subs but here I am subbing Pumo, she should not be working.
No wonder Hololive gets hate. I'm gonna watch more Pomu.

debuts Ninjisanji EN

4Chan seems to think this 2nd Gen will beat Hololive because these are the talent fans wanted for Hololive but Ninjisanji beat them to it.

EDIT: I was actually hoping the hype was right but the turnout was pretty modest. Not a Hololive killer like some claimed.
Seems like a solid group hope to see more.

Last edited:
4Chan seems to think this 2nd Gen will beat Hololive because these are the talent fans wanted for Hololive but Ninjisanji beat them to it.

EDIT: I was actually hoping the hype was right but the turnout was pretty modest. Not a Hololive killer like some claimed.
Seems like a solid group hope to see more.
Going to watch the debuts now. But will need to watch some content first before I can judge.

Honestly Nijisanji EN1 already beat Hololive in various ways. Like how Finana beats Kiara in being a pervert.

debuts Ninjisanji EN
Thoughts:

Rosemi: Putting RTS as first genre she likes? Not sure how likely that is to happen but would love to see Starcraft and They Are Billions streams. Will also play Henry Stickmin soon, so I guess I'll get a good impression of her then.

Petra: Cute/nervous, I think she has a good singing voice even though she was too nervous during debut. Absolutely does not match my personal interests, though. She plays Otome games, but her guardian does not allowed her to look at NSFW, lol. Wonder how old she is.

Selen: Now, she is the opposite of nervous. She's really good at streaming, probably has previous experience? Like the way she talks. Good taste in animes, music and games too. She probably has highest potential of all Nijisanji EN members.

Nene really boosted her popularity with her recent Henry Stickmin and ASMR videos.

Part 2:

Now she went past and far ahead of Suzu.

She is super airheaded but she really manages to use that as her advantage by being particularly cute.

Last edited:
Going to watch the debuts now. But will need to watch some content first before I can judge.

Honestly Nijisanji EN1 already beat Hololive in various ways. Like how Finana beats Kiara in being a pervert.
I would love to give Ninjisanji a win at something but more perverted has nothing to do with it unless she had her channel banned more times than Kiara has. Still not a smart way to make a living on youtube. So I am really not sure about using that to jubge.

Since you are not into subcount and views, I have no idea how to objectively prove that Ninjisanji EN is not beating Hololive EN, not even close.

To me if Ninjisanji EN can get more subs and views that is an easy metric to say they have overtaken Holo EN. The day that happens fans will hype it up. It is not even worth saying one had a headstart because someone can come out and get 5 million in subs in a month while others take 10 years to get that far.

Hololive EN can't even touch some JP talent when it comes to how much superchats they can bring in. So that is a metric I would never claim for EN.

Funnier, Slutier, Perverted, all of those things are based on your personal taste. So even if that vtuber has no nunbers, your enjoyment is still the most important thing imo. As long as you like them better. It is not a metric you can brag about but it is still worth something.

right now I am more concerned about where Sharky went and when to experct her back. She really left no clues. It is summer though,. taking some family time is worth it.

all of those things are based on your personal taste. So even if that vtuber has no nunbers, your enjoyment is still the most important thing imo. As long as you like them better. It is not a metric you can brag about but it is still worth something.
Exactly.

But are you saying you personally enjoy Hololive members more than lesser known Vtubers? When you say Nijisanji can't beat Hololive, do you mean there is not a single Nijisanji member you think is more enjoyable to watch than any Hololive member?

If yes, then yep, I can't argue that. It's your taste then.

-----------------

On another note, I finally caved in and subscribed to Noel's ero channel. She is too hot.

Last edited:

Labolas

Lol Ame's 3D VR stream was great, creative and fun. It was unarchived but lucky someone got the full stream.

On the topic of Niji En, I happen to like them. Finana is a more unpure Ina, honestly though I don't find her that lewd. Matsuri is way lewd to the point she has no problem with copping a feel of Hololive girls. Elira has a strong streaming personality and is the glue that holds the trio together. The new Niji girls seem like even a better addition imo. Rosemi has a lot of games I'm interested in seeing her stream. Selen is a big ball of energy and I love her enthusiasm. You can tell you're in a good time with her. I honestly don't have a problem with them being smaller channels, it gives them more interaction with their chat.
Although I wouldn't mind a Hololive En/Niji En collab to happen.

Top Bottom