• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana Announced | The Game Awards 2023

At first glance this was the game I was most excited about at the moment. Looks significantly better than recent Mana games that I've had to pass on like the SD3 remake and Secret of Mana remake.

That being said it still looks really cheap. I'm surprised that it isn't coming to Switch 1.

• The game's animation is seriously lacking even though it has pretty good art direction
    • There isn't a lot of movement and the movement is very slow
  • Looks like the game isn't going to have any voice acting
  • Gameplay looks really generic

Hudo

At first glance this was the game I was most excited about at the moment. Looks significantly better than recent Mana games that I've had to pass on like the SD3 remake and Secret of Mana remake.

That being said it still looks really cheap. I'm surprised that it isn't coming to Switch 1.

• The game's animation is seriously lacking even though it has pretty good art direction
I think this might have been the highest budget Mana has ever received. And it looks really good. Remember that Mana is seen as an "AA" franchise by Square. So it's actually crazy that we get something like this and not yet another fucking smartphone game.

The Trials of Mana Remake also punched above its weight and was still a very fun game, imho.

Additional info + screenshots:

GA1Sb-PaYAAD9LN
GA1Sb-ha4AAQqTo

Visions-of-Mana_2023_12-07-23_001-1920x1080.jpg

Visions-of-Mana_2023_12-07-23_005.jpg

Visions-of-Mana_2023_12-07-23_006.jpg

Visions-of-Mana_2023_12-07-23_007.jpg

Visions-of-Mana_2023_12-07-23_011.jpg

Really weird decision to not be on switch but be on the graveyard that is Xbox instead.

Maybe they'll put it on the switch successor at launch.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Fuck yeah I’m so glad they got Hiroki Kikuta doing the music. His soundtracks are a huge part of what made the Mana games special. This might be my most anticipated game of 2024 now

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Isa

NanaMiku

This is just the announcement trailer, it's common that announcement trailer don't have voice acting in Japan.

kevm3

Thank God this game isn't being neutered to fit it on the switch. Maybe they can port it later, but using PS4 as a minimum keeps this from looking like a ps3 title.

Mr Hyde

Am I nuts or does square seem better at these 2nd tier RPGs these days? Star Ocean R blows away FFXVI.

SE been doing great with their smaller titles as of late. Visions of Mana looks stellar so far. Fingers crossed they stick the landing.

Looks great but I don't know. I tried to play Trials of Mana and got 10 hours deep and just dropped it. The story and gameplay were just to generic for me. Which is weird because the same could be said for DQ11 but I don't know DQ11 had a charm about that kept me going.

Power Pro

Am I nuts or does square seem better at these 2nd tier RPGs these days? Star Ocean R blows away FFXVI.
They're always trying to reinvent the wheel with some of their bigger games, and faltering with that mindset. It's like they don't realize they have some great systems to work with already, but don't take advantage of them in their bigger budget games.

Top Bottom