• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana Announced | The Game Awards 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

For the first time in over 15 years, a brand new entry in the mainline Mana series arrives!Embark on a new adventure with Val, the newly appointed soul guard, as he sets off on a journey across the world to accompany his friend on her pilgrimage to the Tree of Mana.Experience action-packed gameplay and explore a vibrant semi-open 3D field, encountering fearsome foes and unlikely allies along the way. A new adventure begins.

Last edited:
tell me more the office GIF

CamHostage

I was worried for a second there that this wasn't going to have companion (or possibly co-op) characters, but they're there.

(There have been 1P/1 hero Mana games, but I first think of Mana as a team-based RPG until it's not.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

sigmaZ

At long last. A proper sequel. I had a feeling something like this was coming after the recent remake. Im honestly more excited about this than any other or Squares projects right now. I have a hunch that the success of this game could actually indirectly revive the Chrono series of well. Please don't mess this up. All they need is good combat good music and no unnecessary gimmicks. You've got this Square this and Star Ocean 2. I see a path of redemption lying ahead.

Griffon

Day one.

I'm so glad that they're making a new one.
The Trials of Mana remake was great, and an awesome base to build upon and make new games. And apparently SE agreed with me on this.

I love this.

Mr Hyde

Best announcement of the show. What a great surprise. And it seems like SE is fully committed with a decent budget. The success of Trials remake probably gave them incentive to do an original game.

Last edited:

manzo

Carefully optimistic. Looks like a good re-use of the UE4 assets and mechanics for Trials and adding a lot on top. Would've been a shame to leave the work unused after Trials. Nonetheless, will be there day 1.

Hudo

This is by far the best announcement. So fucking ready. The Trials of Mana remake was a lot of fun.

• Strength
Top Bottom