• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of man working on shop projects in garage released as "visual album"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mr. Ocean, the innovative and enigmatic R&B singer, is set to release his next album, “Boys Don’t Cry,” on Friday through an exclusive deal with Apple Music, according to a person with knowledge of the release plans. The release is also expected to include a major video and a printed publication called Boys Don’t Cry that will be distributed at Apple stores.

Mr. Ocean’s album is expected to remain exclusive to Apple for only two weeks before becoming more widely available, according to that person, who was not authorized to discuss the release plans and therefore spoke on condition of anonymity. But it is another coup for Apple, which has struck a series of deals with artists including Drake, Future, Chance the Rapper and the band the 1975, that have each given the company’s streaming service an early lock on a hot new record.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/0...-date.html?_r=0&referer=http://m.facebook.com

Edit:
All these Ls
ocYEOzJ.gif

MThanded

Nice try Apple, ain't nobody buying that shit even for Frankie
I already have it. I don't like exclusives but a lot of people have Apple Music. I wish they would stop segmenting the market like this.

Chris R

I already have it. I don't like exclusives but a lot of people have Apple Music. I wish they would stop segmenting the market like this.

I don't have it and won't be subscribing. If it ever hits Spotify or a physical CD is released I'll listen to it then.

Nice try Apple, ain't nobody buying that shit even for Frankie
I was a hater at first too, but Apple music is honestly worth it. Much more convenient than having to open the Spotify app since it's integrated into the music app already. And I've been a diehard Spotify user for years.

Fuck, I wish this album was out today. I am so tired of waiting.

Squalor

I don't have it and won't be subscribing. If it ever hits Spotify or a physical CD is released I'll listen to it then.
Good for you.

Irrelevant to what other people have done and will do.
Guys, IT'S A TWO WEEK LIMITED EXCLUSIVE.

Y'all acting like it's never going to be out of Apple Music
All of these music exclusives have been timed. People continue to freak out for nothing.

MThanded

Apple Music exclusive is like code for "pls pirate"

I'll wait for Spotify but smh
I think exclusives are ridiculous but drake seemed to have no problem dropping exclusively on Apple Music.

The artists get paid up front and a bunch of exclusive marketing so I guess they get some financial protection from pirating even before it happens

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Temporary free Apple Music subscription it is, then.

Bad Trip

Banned
A lot of people going to be trappin out the bandwidth until this releases on other digital sites for purchase lol

We will see. They have done releases where it was not purchasable either.

Wow.

I love apple but they must be handing out these enormous checks right now to make everything exclusive for 2 WEEKS.

Spotify is better and i will not jump ship. I will however enjoy new music by frank ocean for 2 weeks till on spotify.

Red_Man

One of my most anticipated albums of all time after Channel Orange, I'm going to spend the week lowering my expectations so I'm not devastated.

God, Apple can fuck right off with this. Exclusives based on services are dumb, since nobody in their right mind would pay for more than one of these subscriptions at a time.

This apple exclusive shit is really pissing me off.

They're really strongarming their way into the competition, fragmenting music libraries in the process.

This apple exclusive shit is really pissing me off.

They're really strongarming their way into the competition, fragmenting music libraries in the process.

I agree with this post.

Some apple products are great but they really like to just change shit up and believe they are bettering everything for everyone. (Bullshit headphone port removal)

Basically i will now have headphones that will only work with one device only, the new iphone

Epcott

I refuse to chase Ls with you all after last thread

It's too late, I'm already hyped. Will wait for iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom