• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video games that you have never played despite their awards, console exclusive or recommendations.

OverHeat

« generous god »
boo-this-man-adam-sandler-raspberry-thumbs-down-46ql8jqynv8j9587.gif
Give me a real game with a real challenge fuck those timing windows and stamina bar damn I miss games like Ninja Gaiden black

Fabieter

I finished my umpteenth playthrough of Bloodborne earlier this year and I'll stick with my easiest and overexaggerated comments. The technical issues are there and aren't ideal but "awful" should be saved for the likes of Blightown on PS3. Dark Souls. Elden Ring also has a few bosses that are more difficult than anything in Bloodborne.

I kinda agree with the main game but damn did the expansion beat my ass.

lmimmfn

Dark Souls games - in mid life I just hate frustration
Nintendo first party games - never owned a Nintendo console, played SMB back in the day, on the N64, played Golden Eye and that racer that used mode 7 on the SNES. Still have 0 interest in Nintendo games, sorry guys.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Roblox and Minecraft. I've downloaded Minecraft several times and probably have less than an hour on the game. Roblox...just no.

I never played some of the new flavors of the month like Content Warning or Lethal Company.

ReyBrujo

Returned to gaming in the last 6 months so pretty much played nothing in the last 10 or 15 years, does that count? Name the game, and I haven't played it yet.

Last edited:

marquimvfs

Gow (reboot). I even own the damn thing, but never bother to remove the seal of the box.

Skyrim. After loving Oblivion, never managed to grow interest in what I saw.

GTA series after Vice City. Tried San Andreas and found it more boring than the previous version, all the gimmicks didn't click to me.

There's some more new ones, but I've not abandoned the idea of playing them yet. Like Spiderman MM (own the disk and haven't installed yet). The The Last of Us 2 is also a candidate to being played someday.

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
Graphics aren't a problem for me... it's the shitty story and the dumbed down mechanics that putted me away from the game.
The vanilla mode is not that good.
But the moding story, combat, weopons and magic are top tier.

You can build your own story or play modded content.

Pejo

Witcher games, Cyberpunk, Baldur's Gate, TLoU2, Spider Man or Spider Man 2, the Doom reboots, Horizon 2.

Witcher I tried the first one a few times but I hate the battle system SO much that I kept quitting after a few hours. I didn't want to play the sequels without playing the first, so that's where I sit. Cyberpunk just doesn't interest me, even after all the bugfixes. In fact I was slightly more interested when the bugs were apparent. Baldur's Gate looks boring to me, and I've never enjoyed my time with a CRPG. TLoU2 and Spider Man because of the messaging and me not wanting to support that garbage. Doom I never think about until one of these types of threads, but I wouldn't be against trying it. Horizon 1 was a slog for me to get through, so I'm in no rush for 2. Maybe when it's ~$15 on PC in a few years.

[Sigma]

The Last of Us Part 2. A bought the game years ago but haven't been able to work up the desire to play it yet. I recently (as of months ago) thought I was going to play the remastered on PS5. Bought the upgrade but didn't play it at the time because I was so focused The Finals at the time that I just kept booting that up instead. Then Helldivers 2 came out and that was a wrap for any thought of playing The Last of Us Part 2 since.

And it almost doesn't matter if I wasn't so focused on Helldivers 2 anymore because I would just play Stellar Blade next, Street Fighter 6 season 2 balance update is next week so im jumping back into that after months, Slayer is coming to -Strive-, not too long from now is College Football 25 and more. There's so much more desirable games I would rather play at the moment that's in the way. So at this point I don't know when i'll find a time to play it.

Last edited:
GTA 5 for me. GTA 4 was just so fucking bad, especially compared to San Andres which was not only the best GTA, but one of my favorite games ever.

I still marvel in the fact that the game is in the top seller list every month. Felt like I was the only gamer who hasn't bought the game.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Never played a Call of Duty.

Never played Halo beyond a scary match with a bunch of Southern black cokeheads irl.

Watch Dogs, Far Cry, Red Dead.

Never played GTA beyond turning all the civilians into Asians or killing myself/others in stupid ways.

Never played Fallout beyond screwing around in the character creator and making an absolute hambeast goblin, proceeding to the Tenpenny Tower, murdering everyone on my way up, only to leap from the top to my death and never boot the game again.

I'm strange.

Kataploom

Gold Member
GTA, my mind can't stand how stupid and barely intelligent those that enjoy doing crime and shit and laughing at it looks like. I've always been from a dangerous country where teenagers for whatever reason praise gansters and crime life since I was a teenager too (latinamerica in a nutshell) so anything regarding gangsters, robery, and that life styles just doesn't go with me, it's the epithome of stupidity in my mind, for real.

But not only that, gameplay looks boring to me, I'm not the type of player that enjoys urban stuff where you can rob a car, kill random people, and stuff like that, that's just not my thing and that's like 99% of what people enjoy from those games. I'm more into fantasy and anime stuff.

Another one is RDR2 and that's because States old west setups bore me to death, and the game looks boring enough since I'm more of a gameplay type.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Super Mario Bros. Wonder is the last big one for me; I was even looking forward to see a more novel take on the 2D formula, god did it look like a complete snoozefest once it actually released.
Oh, and maybe Persona 3 Reload, nothing about it screams that it's worth at full price.
P3R is on game pass, if you have PC or Xbox you can give it a try

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
GTA, my mind can't stand how stupid and barely intelligent those that enjoy doing crime and shit and laughing at it looks like. I've always been from a dangerous country where teenagers for whatever reason praise gansters and crime life since I was a teenager too (latinamerica in a nutshell) so anything regarding gangsters, robery, and that life styles just doesn't go with me, it's the epithome of stupidity in my mind, for real.

But not only that, gameplay looks boring to me, I'm not the type of player that enjoys urban stuff where you can rob a car, kill random people, and stuff like that, that's just not my thing and that's like 99% of what people enjoy from those games. I'm more into fantasy and anime stuff.

Another one is RDR2 and that's because States old west setups bore me to death, and the game looks boring enough since I'm more of a gameplay type.

I've found Latin-Kira.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Last of us 2 ... no amount of industry "stunning and brave" awards will make me play that abortion of a game.

You’re missing out. It’s worth a play through once just for the combat. If you buy the PS5 one, there’s also the cool rogue like mode, pretty entertaining.

I’ll vote God of War Ragnorok. I have it on my PS5 and never even launched it. Tried to play the 2018 game again recently, meh as fuck. I’ll wait for them to go back to the old GoW style.

I see a lot of people saying Ghost of Sushi… was it really well acclaimed and award winning? I thought it was considered a good Ass Creed clone.

CGNoire

From recent years:

RDR2: I'm not that much into Rockstar games, still want to try it because people say the story is great. But since Rockstar refuses to release a simple 60fps patch on current gen consoles I guess I'll just wait until I someday have a decent PC

Cyberpunk: Sucked at launch and every time I've looked into getting it there seems to be a reason to wait ("wait for the next gen patch", "wait for this big upcoming update they announced", "wait for the DLC and just get the complete edition). At this point I've waited so long I'll just keep waiting until the complete edition gets a decet sale
Your in luck I waited till jan of this year to jump in and the game is fucking amazing now.

CGNoire

GOT - I have Zero Tolerance on being Lied to like that. That 2018 E3 build was BS from the beginning and they never intended to hit that Target they just meant too mislead people into preorders. Enough with False Advertising in Gameing.... I dont forgive anymore.

Top Bottom